Author Topic: Sara's Wild Ride  (Read 16316 times)

Offline mm

Re: Sara's Wild Ride
« Reply #360 on: June 21, 2022, 12:12:52 pm »
Sara, how is your trip going? By packing only girl clothes; you only have to decide each day what girl clothes will I wear today.  With the humidity, the wig is out.

Offline TXSara

• Friend
« Reply #361 on: June 22, 2022, 08:02:18 pm »
Sara, how is your trip going? By packing only girl clothes; you only have to decide each day what girl clothes will I wear today.  With the humidity, the wig is out.

So far, so good.  We’re having a great time, and I haven’t had any problems (other than my wife calling me by my male name in public).  It’s going to take time for her to not slip up.

I’ll give a longer response when we get home.  I hate having to type on my phone!!

Offline Allison R

• Family
« Reply #362 on: June 23, 2022, 07:08:15 pm »
I, for one, cannot wait to hear all about it.

Allison
I have always known I would have been happier and lived a better life if I were born a woman, I just didn't know that that is the literal definition of the word transgender.

If you're not moving forward, you're moving backwards.

Be tougher on yourself than anyone else is, love yourself more than anyone else does, and if there is something you don't want to do at all, best if you do it right now.

Offline TXSara

• Friend
« Reply #363 on: June 28, 2022, 08:36:58 pm »
I'M BAAACCK!

Actually, we got back into town late Sunday night, but I have just been a busy little beaver over here for the past couple days and haven't had a chance to post an update.  Here goes...

In short, the trip was great!  The beaches are beautiful in Destin, and we had fun with the body boards even though the waves are not all that big there.  Truthfully, it was just my speed LOL.  We spent a lot of time on the beach, doing some shopping around town, and we rented jet skis on one of the days.  We were supposed to take the kids parasailing on Saturday before we left on Sunday, but the reservation got canceled due to incoming weather.  That was the only day we had to deal with any rain.  Here are some pics:

I was in "girl mode" the whole time once we got into Florida, which was a good 5+ days.  As you can see above, there's nowhere to hide when you're on the beach.  I wasn't fooling anybody, and I looked like a dude with boobs.  I didn't care -- I just owned it.  My wife and kids were really supportive as well.  What I have found over the past 6 months or so is that most people are polite.  I didn't have any problems at all, even though I looked like "Helga, the 100m butterfly world record holder from East Germany".

I am pretty proud of myself for getting out there like that.  I get out a lot in Dallas, but it's a bit different because I have clothes, wig, and makeup, etc. that I can "hide behind" in order to blend in.  There's no such opportunity when you're at the beach.  While I had already greased the skids in Galveston a few weeks back, this was a bit different because it was for an extended period on a LOT more crowded beach.

I also realized how far I need to go physically before I can feel like I can blend in without all the props.  While I'm making some real progress with my body shape, hair, etc., I feel like I'm still at least 6 months away from feeling comfortable with going full-time.  I also realized that I'm in a really good place mentally -- I really didn't feel out of place even though I know I stuck out like a sore thumb.  My confidence in public is really good, as is my confidence that I'm doing the right things.

So, we had some really good fun catching small waves on the boogie board out there.  It was all fun and games until I broke a nail.  "SON OF A NUTCRACKER!!"  What are you gonna do?  I ended up trimming all of my nails back.  Ugh.

BTW, Rachel, I didn't get a chance to go to Moe's.  Bummer.  We ate most of our meals at the condo, and I got outvoted the couple times we actually went out to eat.  I'll have to check it out some other time...

~Sara

Offline davina61

• The ramblings of an old dear
« Reply #364 on: June 29, 2022, 03:19:36 am »
Looks like a great time was had, yup you have to own it dear. Bummer on the nail, split some of mine working on the hot rod and ended up cutting them right back.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever.
I get pushed out of shape and its hard to steer when I get rubber in all 4 gears (Beach Boys ,little deuce coupe)

Offline Maid Marion

« Reply #365 on: June 29, 2022, 05:11:30 am »
Hi Sarah,

Great to hear that you are becoming more comfortable with presenting female in public!

I've also compromised on my nails, since I do so much gardening.  They go to my fingertips and maybe a little longer at times.  Instead of length I keep them really nice looking, usually with translucent pink polish or something more obvious.

Marion

Offline Rachel Montgomery

• Family
« Reply #366 on: June 29, 2022, 03:35:37 pm »
It was all fun and games until I broke a nail.  "SON OF A NUTCRACKER!!"  What are you gonna do?  I ended up trimming all of my nails back.  Ugh.
A nail salon can fix that.

BTW, Rachel, I didn't get a chance to go to Moe's.  Bummer.  We ate most of our meals at the condo, and I got outvoted the couple times we actually went out to eat.  I'll have to check it out some other time...
You missed out.

[/quote]

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #367 on: June 29, 2022, 07:02:26 pm »
@TXSara
Dear Sara:
I really enjoyed your beach vacation getaway posting and photos that you shared.
.....It looks like you had a great time with your family.
``````````````````````````````````````
********Now, for the other reason I am posting on your Blog thread......
  Your "Special Day" is tomorrow, Thursday, June 30th !!!!!
``````````````````````````````````````
I am wishing YOU

....a VERY Happy Birthday
         :icon_birthday:        :icon_birthday:
I  hope and trust that your special day includes time with family and friends...
... with  Candles and CAKE.

***NOTE:  Be certain to look at your profile for a special surprise on your January 30th birthday.

HUGS and best wishes on your special day and birthday.
Danielle

***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 42

Offline davina61

« Reply #368 on: June 30, 2022, 02:37:35 am »
Happy birthday dear, may it be a good one.

I get pushed out of shape and its hard to steer when I get rubber in all 4 gears (Beach Boys ,little deuce coupe)

Offline Emma1017

« Reply #369 on: June 30, 2022, 02:53:41 pm »

Happy Birthday Sara!!!

Looks like you had a great family vacation and you got to just be you!
  The heart has reasons that reason can not understand.

My Transgender Manifesto

Offline TXSara

• Friend
« Reply #370 on: June 30, 2022, 04:39:42 pm »
Thanks everyone for the nice birthday wishes!  Y'all are very sweet!

So, it turns out that I had a meeting with Dr. Capitan scheduled this morning, so that's how my day started off.  We had a pretty good 30 minute discussion about all of the drama about having simultaneous hair transplants with my FFS.  Here's a little background:

I'm going to Marbella, Spain for FFS in November with FacialTeam.  My plans were to have the following done:
   1.  Type 3 forehead reconstruction (coronal incision)
   2.  Genioplasty (chin reduction)
   3.  Lip Lift
   4.  Upper blepharoplasty (eyelids)
   5.  Transplant of all hair follicles from the coronal incision into my hairline

There has been a lot of back and forth about my hairline:  The hair transplant surgeon with FacialTeam (Dra. Mota) didn't think it would be prudent for me to go any lower on my hairline because we would be getting into the area where my forehead lines begin.  When I talked to Dr. Lam for a second opinion, he felt like there should be no problem with this because the forehead will be completely different once the reconstruction is done.  He felt like I could go another centimeter lower without problem.  Now we have dueling hair transplant surgeons, LOL.

Anyway, I talked with Dr. Capitan about this, and he brought up some really good points.  His view is that we want to get the final result for both forehead and hairline as good as possible, and the forehead / eyebrows will do better if he uses an "anterior" coronal incision (across the top of my head).  When they do the simultaneous hair transplants, they tend to move the the incision to a more "posterior" position where the grafts will be of higher quality (back of head).  He said also that Dr. Lam's advice was correct.  He was very complimentary of the transplant work that I have had so far, and he believes that my hairline is now probably 4th or 5th on the priority list of "problems" to attack. 

Dr. Capitan's preferred solution to the problem is the following:
   - Use an anterior coronal incision so that he has better control of the eyebrow placement
   - Use endotines to control that placement as well as ensure that all (most) of the tension is on the front
   - Skip the simultaneous hair transplant, and instead have Dr. Lam do one last FUT session after everything heals

The PROs:
   - The control of eyebrow placement will be better with an anterior incision
   - By keeping the tension on the front of the scalp, my rear area will have plenty of laxity for one more FUT session
   - I trust Dr. Lam to get my hairline exactly right when the time comes.  I don't know this other doctor as well.

The CONs:
   - I won't be able to deal with my hairline until much later.  This means that I'll have bangs for a while.
   - We'll be wasting the follicles that come from the strip of scalp taken out during the forehead surgery

I think that I'm going to follow Dr. Capitan's advice.  I trust Dr. Capitan, and I also trust Dr. Lam.  Giving each of them the best chance at success is probably the way to go even though it really fells "wrong" to waste hair follicles.

~Sara

Offline TXSara

• Friend
« Reply #371 on: July 01, 2022, 03:31:49 pm »
Yesterday, I come into work and my bestie, Liz (talked about a while back) comes into my office with this big pink and purple gift bag that has a unicorn on it.  Awesome.  I open up the gift, and it is a set of 12 pink razors.  She says, "Welcome to the pink tax!  These razors cost twice as much as my husbands!"

I loved it.  She's the best.  I didn't have the heart to tell her that I don't shave that much anymore since I have had laser  ;D.

~Sara

Offline Rachel Montgomery

• Family
« Reply #372 on: July 01, 2022, 10:44:50 pm »
Yesterday, I come into work and my bestie, Liz (talked about a while back) comes into my office with this big pink and purple gift bag that has a unicorn on it.  Awesome.  I open up the gift, and it is a set of 12 pink razors.  She says, "Welcome to the pink tax!  These razors cost twice as much as my husbands!"

I loved it.  She's the best.  I didn't have the heart to tell her that I don't shave that much anymore since I have had laser  ;D.

~Sara

Did they laser your legs and under arms?

Offline TXSara

• Friend
« Reply #373 on: July 02, 2022, 06:07:24 am »
Did they laser your legs and under arms?

Yep.  Full body... even bikini line  ;D.  The only area I didn't get was my back because it was a pretty expensive area and I don't have a lot of hair there.  I'm sort of kicking myself for not doing it, though, because I now have one "patch of grass" at my lower back that I'm constantly having to deal with.

I still get hairs, but they are pretty sparse and mostly light-colored.  I don't pull a razor out but once every 2-3 weeks or so.

~Sara

Offline Oldandcreaky

• Family
« Reply #374 on: July 02, 2022, 07:15:45 am »
Sara, your FFS is exciting. I once read that the things that make a male face attractive are the same for a female face, like symmetry, a good jawline, and clear skin. Your face does have masculine aspects, but at its base, it's an attractive face. FFS will nudge those good base traits from masculine to feminine.

Just as important, you have a good base of gratitude and joy. You're out on the beach, having fun, even though your face and body aren't just so. It's clear that your daughters and wife are having fun too. Your joyful gratitude is likely one of the reasons they're still with you.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2022, 08:44:20 pm by Oldandcreaky »

Offline TXSara

• Friend
« Reply #375 on: July 02, 2022, 09:31:52 am »
Sara (FIFY), your FFS is exciting. I once read that the things that make a male face attractive are the same for a female face, like symmetry, a good jawline, and clear skin. Your face does have masculine aspects, but at its base, it's an attractive face. FFS will nudge those good base traits from masculine to feminine.

You and I are on the same page, O&C.  I hear from people all the time that, "You look beautiful!  You don't need the surgery."  I agree with them that many of the things that make for an attractive face are already there, but there are some very "mannish" aspects that need to be addressed if I don't want to have to spend a lot of effort covering them up and working around them.  I would really like to get to the point where I can just "wash and go" without going through all the extreme effort to hide those features.

I'm pretty confident that the surgeons in Marbella will do a good job of addressing those features.  I'm also confident that I'll eventually get my hairline to the point where I don't feel like it's something to hide.

Just as important, you have a good base of gratitude and joy. You're out on the beach, having fun, even though your face and body aren't just so. It's clear that your daughters and wife are having fun too. Your joyful gratitude is likely one of the reasons they're still with you.

Thanks so much!  I really appreciate that.  I feel really blessed, but sometimes you have to make your own luck.  I think your "good base of gratitude and joy" comment really resonates with me, especially the gratitude part.  I really am grateful for all the support I get from friends, and I let them know it as often as possible.

I have a strong belief with personal relationships:  There is a positive feedback loop where being nice to others makes them more likely to be nice to you.  It doesn't always work that way, but it does more often than not.  I never wait for someone else to be nice in order to give me the reason to be nice back.  I also never keep score.  If I feel like (over a long period of time) the other person is taking advantage of me, I'll just politely make myself less available and that person will slowly drift away.  I think that over time, this has led to me keeping a stable of REALLY good friends that are worth my effort.

~Sara

Offline TXSara

• Friend
« Reply #376 on: July 02, 2022, 01:13:30 pm »
So, we adopted a stray kitty a few months ago (Oliver).  He's a sweet little guy, but he has just a little "gangsta" left in him from the 6 months or so that he spent on the streets.

Anyway, we found a couple fleas on him recently.  It seems that nobody does flea dips anymore, so I went to the vet to see what they suggested.  I ended up getting a pill to kill any that are on him currently, and some Frontline stuff for prevention.  In addition,  we needed to give him a bath with flea and tick shampoo.  Joy.

Needless to say, the cat wasn't enthused.  My youngest and I held him down while my oldest rubbed him down.  My wife took pictures and laughed  ;).  At one point he lulled us to sleep by staying still, then made a jump for it.  During the wrestling session that ensued, he got his back legs free and ripped the <poo> out of my hands!!  I now have this nasty scratch all the way up the outside of my left hand!  Next time, I'm wearing welding gloves, dangit!!

~Sara

Offline Oldandcreaky

• Family
« Reply #377 on: July 02, 2022, 01:20:20 pm »
Sara, you have earned your happiness with your gratitude and generous spirit. I don't believe in Karma, but if it were real, your happiness is Karma working well for you.

P.S. - I also like your chosen name. It is generationally appropriate. Lastly, I like that you're accumulating time in your new role. The value of that can't be overstated. Woman's World has many unstated rules. For example, if you gossip about a girlfriend and she discovers your betrayal, that friendship is likely dead, as in ripped-in-half, rusting Titanic on-the-ocean-floor dead. And be wary of praising a girlfriend too long in the company of other girlfriends. And on and on. Anyway, the time you're spending out and about is essential and like a 12-year old girl, you'll learn on the fly. I'd tell you to enjoy the flight, but you are. I can see it in your eyes and hear it in your words. And when you no longer look like Helga, you'll enjoy it even more.

Offline davina61

« Reply #378 on: July 02, 2022, 02:44:13 pm »
I have the same trouble with the Austin hot rod, it lulls you into a false security and then rips your hands to shreds or burns even with the welding gloves!!!

Offline TXSara

• Friend
« Reply #379 on: July 02, 2022, 03:27:55 pm »
Sara, you have earned your happiness with your gratitude and generous spirit. I don't believe in Karma, but if it were real, your happiness is Karma working well for you.

Thank you so much!  That's really sweet to say!

P.S. - I also like your chosen name. It is generationally appropriate.

It is generationally appropriate because it is the name I would have been given had I been born female.  The choice of Sara as a name is a tribute to my parents.  I figure that most people don't get to choose their names, so why should I?

Lastly, I like that you're accumulating time in your new role. The value of that can't be overstated. Woman's World has many unstated rules.

LOL.  I'm learning on the job, that's for sure!  Some guy started hitting on me once, and I made the mistake of actually responding nicely.  My friend was like, "You can't be nice to them!  They take it as an invitation!  He'll never go away now!"  It's like I'm a little girl in a 50 year old body!  I'm getting there, though... going out again with friends tonight!

~Sara

Tags: