Site News and Information > Introductions

Considering Transition at 53

(1/2) > >>

Anita B. Ting:
I am a 53 yr old, closeted CD in Birmingham, AL. I have thought about transitioning for as long as I can remember, but lately, it has been eating me up! In my male days, I use the name Anita B. Ting to give a tip of the hat to both my feminine side and my submissive side. If I choose to transition, I may decide to keep the name out of familiarity or may choose to adopt a name more suitable to a "rest-of-my-life-as-a-woman."

I am college educated, own a CPA firm, a custom t-shirt shop, and play guitar in a band. I joined the sight after reading a post from Diana Tourjée. I hope to find a lot of resources on this site to help me make my decision. I look forward to meeting many new friends and mentors along the way. Thank you for having me, Ladies!

Pammie:

--- Quote from: Anita B. Ting on September 22, 2021, 08:25:15 am ---I am a 53 yr old, closeted CD in Birmingham, AL. I have thought about transitioning for as long as I can remember, but lately, it has been eating me up! In my male days, I use the name Anita B. Ting to give a tip of the hat to both my feminine side and my submissive side. If I choose to transition, I may decide to keep the name out of familiarity or may choose to adopt a name more suitable to a "rest-of-my-life-as-a-woman."

I am college educated, own a CPA firm, a custom t-shirt shop, and play guitar in a band. I joined the sight after reading a post from Diana Tourjée. I hope to find a lot of resources on this site to help me make my decision. I look forward to meeting many new friends and mentors along the way. Thank you for having me, Ladies!

--- End quote ---
Hi there!
Welcome! I think you will find lots of support here to help you understand your options and potential pathways!
Wishing you lots of luck!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Northern Star Girl:

--- Quote from: Anita B. Ting on September 22, 2021, 08:25:15 am ---I am a 53 yr old, closeted CD in Birmingham, AL. I have thought about transitioning for as long as I can remember, but lately, it has been eating me up! In my male days, I use the name Anita B. Ting to give a tip of the hat to both my feminine side and my submissive side. If I choose to transition, I may decide to keep the name out of familiarity or may choose to adopt a name more suitable to a "rest-of-my-life-as-a-woman."

--- End quote ---
@Anita B. Ting
Dear Anita B.
    Please know that I am not trying to sidetrack your comments and I will give you and others back this thread right after I warmly welcome you to Susan's Place and the Forums.

I am most pleased that you had decided to join to Susan's Place and the Forums.

Thank you for writing your very first posting.... as you get more involved in exchanging comments on various posts other members will be offering their thoughts and comments in response to any of your future questions and concerns..

This is the right place for you to be to find out what others may have to say regarding their own experiences.
    There are a lot of members here that will be able to identify with your situation as you continue to feel free to share it.

I also want to warmly WELCOME you to Susan's Place. 
You will find this a safe and friendly place to share with others and to read about others similar trials, tribulations, and successes.

As you are certainly aware you can share with others and involve yourself with some give and take with other like-minded members.  When frustrated or if you have successes you can share it here if you wish and receive support from others and offer support to others. ....
     ***It's a very good chance that you might find that you will make some new friends here. 

Please come in and continue to be involved at your own pace.

There is information and important LINKS that I have included below.   You will find information about the site that will help you navigate around and best utilize the features here.   
Please look closely at the LINKS in RED, answers are there to many questions that new members ask.

Again, Welcome to Susan's Place.
Danielle

Here are some links to the site rules and stuff that all new members should be familiar with:

Things that you should readSite Terms of Service & Rules to Live ByStandard Terms & DefinitionsPost Ranks (including when you can upload an avatar)Cautionary NoteReputation rulesNews posting & quoting guidelinesPhoto, avatars, & signature images policyMembership Agreement

Rakel:
Welcome Anita.

I hope you find us helpful.

I have been a member for many years. With the help I received from many people here at Susan's Place, I made a decision to transition about 6 years ago. I have never been happier. For me, this was the best decision I ever made.

I always advocate for caution, but when you know it is right, do what you need to do.

sarahc:
Hey Anita:

Welcome to the site...I have been transitioning for the past three years, and in the middle of my transition I opened my own financial advisory firm.

In addition, @Northern Star Girl (who posted above) is a site admin here at Susan's, and she owns her own accounting firm in rural Alaska. You would probably be interested in reading about her adventures since she moved to Alaska a few years ago.

Whether or not transition is right for you depends on a lot of factors. As a business owner, I know it can be especially challenging to think through the risks to an existing practice if you decide to transition. But do know that many older professional practitioners have transitioned and kept their client base. If you have done good work for clients for years, clients are less likely to abandon you than you think. But I do understand that Alabama is not like other parts of the country. And of course your business is only one of a number of considerations that you're probably thinking about.

In any case, we're here to help you work through your thinking and decision making.

Sarah

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version