Community Conversation > Male to female transsexual talk (MTF)

Lost my daughters to transitioning😥

(1/5) > >>

Rebecca28:
Ladies,

Along my transition I expected to lose some friends.. which I did.. but now my daughters want nothing to do with me.. they were very accepting at first and now are gone. I believe my x is behind this. I am very sad by their loss. It’s surreal. I hope some day they return.. I don’t know if that will ever happen.  Fortunately I have a good support group around me. I am determined to live my best life and not become another statistic. It feels like they suddenly died!! It’s unbelievable. I have a good therapist fortunately. Life keeps moving on as each day I get more and more comfortable in my skin. Wanted to share my sadness. I am far from the only one I know. They are 18 & 19. As they mature maybe things will change. I don’t know. Hugs, Rebecca

Northern Star Girl:
@Rebecca28
Dear Rebecca:
I am so very sad to read what you wrote about regarding your daughters.
Obviously it will be important for you to keep your therapist in the loop...
and perhaps schedule some additional sessions.

Sending you many hugs and hearts!!!!   
Danielle

Dorit:
I am sorry to hear this.  One always hears about how the younger generations are so accepting, but it is not always the case.  While I did not loose my children in transition, I did lose a daughter in law.  If if it is any consolation, I know three CIS women who "lost" their post teen children and it had nothing to do with gender issues.   I hope your daughters reconcile soon,  all we can do is keep the door open.

Chloe:

--- Quote from: Rebecca28 on September 27, 2021, 10:34:40 pm ---As they mature maybe things will change.
--- End quote ---

Hang tight, your right prolly just the age, and they'll come around! Mine are now 21 and 23, son and daughter respectively, and while he doesn't like to see or talk 'bout it much (or so I'm told), surprisingly daughter-in-law, not to mention her grandmother, are most supportive of all.
       Have been trying to convince daughter and kids to come home but "ex", who's camped here as well, is also IN THE WAY any chance of a truce between you and yours?

Rakel:
I am in a similar situation. I have two sons and only one is accepting. I hope that the non-accepting son will have a change of heart, but I will not push the issue, but I will always keep the door open.

This is, in my opinion, the biggest non-financial cost to transitioning. I considered this to be a possibility before I made the decision to transition. I accepted the possibility of losing everyone. I am thankful for the one son who is accepting.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version