Community Conversation > Post operative life

Aggressive and threatening behavior by men. What would you do?

(1/5) > >>

warlockmaker:

After seven years I still find it unbelievable how women are treated as second class humans by most men. Confront a man and he will threaten you with possible violence. I live in Bangkok and am eurasian and the men I have had problems are Indians, Arabs and Americans. Never had problems with thai men ( I have thai citizensglhip)

Just the other day I had an altercation with an American man working for the UN. Our verbal arguement finally resulted in him shoving me up against the wall. He is 40 years old over 6ft. I am a very fit 73 year old, 5ft 7ins 130ibs. Entire incident was recorded on CCTV. If I report him to the police he will lose his job and be deported He has a wife and 2 children. Years ago I would have reported to the police but nowadays I don't think I can live with the guilt of causing him to lose his job and being deported. I was not hurt but shocked at being assaulted. I have been struggling about taking action.

What would you do?

Rakel:
Violence against women, or anybody else for that matter, is a crime. It must be reported to the police, otherwise events like this will just increase.

The perpetrator can explain his actions to the judge.  :police:

Also, while some cultures have a history of violence more than others, not everyone is violent. Each individual is responsible for their own actions.

warlockmaker:
I agree.

Always been a better talker but seems that's what provokes. I wasn't hurt, and this could ruin someone future and his young family - II can't live with that.

sandrauk:
Many years ago I was confronted by a similar dilemma. I was on deployment in the forest with the Harriers.

At about 1am one of the lower ranks burst into my tent and tried to strangle me, no idea why but he was drunk and resented me telling him what to do when he was older.

I was in a cocoon style sleeping bag and with his weight on top of me I was totally helpless. I honestly thought I was a goner but he stopped.

Next day, my neck was  bright purple. I decided not to report him because he had a wife and two kids, but he had to grovel to me, if I hadn't seen some contrition I would have reported him, because he might have done it again.

Pammie:

--- Quote from: sandrauk on October 03, 2021, 06:55:45 am ---Many years ago I was confronted by a similar dilemma. I was on deployment in the forest with the Harriers.

At about 1am one of the lower ranks burst into my tent and tried to strangle me, no idea why but he was drunk and resented me telling him what to do when he was older.

I was in a cocoon style sleeping bag and with his weight on top of me I was totally helpless. I honestly thought I was a goner but he stopped.

Next day, my neck was  bright purple. I decided not to report him because he had a wife and two kids, but he had to grovel to me, if I hadn't seen some contrition I would have reported him, because he might have done it again.

--- End quote ---
I honestly think we should report these things. He may have shown contrition towards you but in his head he got away with it so might do it again to someone else! And maybe they won’t be so lucky!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version