Community Conversation > Transitioning

Ways to boost your confidence when it’s low??

(1/2) > >>

Rebecca28:
Ladies,

I have lost my best friend, my kids, 2 more close friends in just the last 7 months because of my transition. My supportive boss was just transferred. I am lonely and still have along way until I blend. Tonight, I was in a restaurant. My confidence just fell out as I looked around saw family’s with their kids. People happy, couples eating dinner.. my heart just sank.. I am all alone and at that moment was like maybe I should have just stayed a guy with a feminine side. I started and stopped hormones twice before. I have been on them for 19’months now. I am not stopping.. not going back.. Question... what are some ways you reboost your confidence when it’s low?? Any help is appreciated.. I feel like my life is shattering around me as the price just be comfortable in my own skin has taken its toll on me the last couple of weeks. Any help is appreciated.  Hugs, Rebecca

Maid Marion:
Hi Rebecca,

I don't  know but I hope things get better for you.

Marion

Rakel:
You have my deepest sympathy, Rebecca.

I am in a similar, but not quite so extreme situation as you are in now. I have often spoke of the personal costs of transition and our situation is exactly what I am talking about. If we go into transition with expecting the worst in personal relationships, some one will surprise us and be accepting of our decisions.

The best way to boost confidence is a local support group. You can meet and socialize with others who have the same issues as yourself and, of course, we are always here for you.

Unfortunately, some of us who have started transition, have found the costs too much to bare and have stopped their transition. You need to do what is best for you.

Take care.  :-*

Lady Grey:
Not sure this helps but I lost my best friend to drugs about 7 years ago. I
still miss him a lot.  All I can really say to you is you have every right to live here in this moment as we all do. You may not know it now but you are exactly where you need to be. Living here in the present. You can't live in the past or the future. That would defy the laws of physics. You can only live here now in this moment. You have a right to be here.  This was all said much better than my poor powers of expression a long time ago in a poem called desiderata.

"Desiderata
GO PLACIDLY amid the noise and the haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible, without surrender, be on good terms with all persons.

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain or bitter, for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.

Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans. Keep interested in your own career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.

Exercise caution in your business affairs, for the world is full of trickery. But let this not blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals, and everywhere life is full of heroism.

Be yourself. Especially do not feign affection. Neither be cynical about love; for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment, it is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth.

Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.

Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here.

And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should. Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be. And whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life, keep peace in your soul. With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.

By Max Ehrmann © 1927
Original text"

On a final note, cultivate a Sense of gratitude.  Make a list of all the things you are grateful for. Recall it before you fall off to sleep at night.
Good luck.

Rebecca28:
Thank you so much for the advice. I appreciate it. I am a survivor and will make it through this!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version