Community Conversation > Gender Correction Surgery

8 Months Post Op Today

(1/1)

Lady Grey:
It's been 8 months since my GCS today.  Everything went swimmingly and I couldn't be more pleased. Much like every single step in my transition (first coming out, then HRT, then FFS) I found myself deeply ambivalent about getting GCS. Right up to the last minute.  Now I'm recalling a young post op lady who spoke to us at our orientation session at the large urban, public hospital, complex that runs the GCS program here where I live. There were probably about 25 of us trans girls there.  All very nervous about our upcoming surgeries. This woman had already been through the surgery there. And I remember her being asked by one of the attendees how she felt about her final results.  She simply giggled while saying, "It's awesome." That pretty much sums up how I feel about it as well.

Northern Star Girl:
@Lady Grey
Dear Lady Grey:
I can "hear" the happiness and satisfaction in your "voice" as I read your good report.
8 months post GCS is wonderful for sure.
Thank you for sharing and posting.
HUGS 
Danielle

--- Quote from: Lady Grey on October 09, 2021, 10:46:43 pm ---It's been 8 months since my GCS today.  Everything went swimmingly and I couldn't be more pleased. Much like every single step in my transition (first coming out, then HRT, then FFS) I found myself deeply ambivalent about getting GCS. Right up to the last minute.  Now I'm recalling a young post op lady who spoke to us at our orientation session at the large urban, public hospital, complex that runs the GCS program here where I live. There were probably about 25 of us trans girls there.  All very nervous about our upcoming surgeries. This woman had already been through the surgery there. And I remember her being asked by one of the attendees how she felt about her final results.  She simply giggled while saying, "It's awesome." That pretty much sums up how I feel about it as well.

--- End quote ---

pamelatransuk:
It is delightful to read your wonderful report after 8 months, Lady Grey.

Coincidentally it is precisely 4 months since my operation and I feel just like you do. For many of us (but not all), GRS is the best and perhaps only option to remove the GD.

Wishing you further happiness and success.

Hugs

Pamela xx

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version