Community Conversation > Male to female transsexual talk (MTF)

Is this normal?

<< < (3/3)

Northern Star Girl:

--- Quote from: Katie76 on October 14, 2021, 03:52:42 pm ---Hey Northern Star Girl,

There is quite a discussion about and around gender dysphoria, did you feel gender euphoria after your GCS?
And is it normal?

Thank you,
Katie76

--- End quote ---

@Katie76
Dear Katie:
Thank you for your reply comment... and the answer regarding me and my
transition journey is definitely YES regarding "gender euphoria" ....
...It is both a "mental psychological condition" and a "physical body condition."

I enjoy a feeling of joy, excitement, and satisfaction about my body conforming
to my desired identity and a feeling of happiness experienced as a result of no longer
aligning to my birth-assigned gender.

The main point I wish to make is finally having gender appropriate body
attributes and also the gender specific treatment and reactions from others.

HUGS and best wishes to you.
Danielle

Harley Quinn:
Totally normal.  I would sit with a therapist and discuss it.  You'll be able to talk through it out loud and it could really change your perspective.  Keep in mind, there are many degrees of transition and you'll have a better shot at figuring out what's right for you in a place where you can talk things out to yourself. 

I'm sure, like many of us, there are so many thoughts, fears, longings, and powerful "undefinable" feelings that race around in your mind when your thoughts of transition come about.  Therapy is a great place to organize those thoughts so you can better address them.  When those thoughts come racing through your mind in waves like that, they'll always come back because you can't really resolve them as a jumbled mess. 

I wasted a lot of time setting deadlines and talking myself out of addressing my issues.  Meanwhile, it wreaked havoc on my personal life as I was beaten up by transition waves, probably more so than actually coming out.  Even if you're not dealing with a "transition wave" at the time, you'll be able to deal with those thoughts.  In fact, it'd probably be easier to talk them out when you're not in the thralls of a crisis.  Just remember that you are the one thing in your life that is forever, and that taking care of yourself is what makes it possible to take care of others in your life.

I wish you the best and hope you find your path.  <3

Pammie:

--- Quote from: Harley Quinn on November 06, 2021, 07:00:36 am ---Totally normal.  I would sit with a therapist and discuss it.  You'll be able to talk through it out loud and it could really change your perspective.  Keep in mind, there are many degrees of transition and you'll have a better shot at figuring out what's right for you in a place where you can talk things out to yourself. 

I'm sure, like many of us, there are so many thoughts, fears, longings, and powerful "undefinable" feelings that race around in your mind when your thoughts of transition come about.  Therapy is a great place to organize those thoughts so you can better address them.  When those thoughts come racing through your mind in waves like that, they'll always come back because you can't really resolve them as a jumbled mess. 

I wasted a lot of time setting deadlines and talking myself out of addressing my issues.  Meanwhile, it wreaked havoc on my personal life as I was beaten up by transition waves, probably more so than actually coming out.  Even if you're not dealing with a "transition wave" at the time, you'll be able to deal with those thoughts.  In fact, it'd probably be easier to talk them out when you're not in the thralls of a crisis.  Just remember that you are the one thing in your life that is forever, and that taking care of yourself makes it possible to take care of others in your life.

I wish you the best and hope you find your path.  <3

--- End quote ---
Beautifully said! You are so right. Having professional help is such a good idea! Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version