Author Topic: What's does a new girl NEED to have?  (Read 1168 times)

Offline Jordynfae

• MizzCharle3
What's does a new girl NEED to have?
« on: October 12, 2021, 10:29:23 pm »

Hey everyone!
SO I'm starting to collect makeup and stuff, and Honestly im so lost lol. there is so many products and I don't Know if some of it is just bull**** and a waste of money. so my question is, what is essential for achieving a feminine look? or at least giving off that vibe , especially for someone not yet on hormones, I know I could look deep online but I want to here from people in this community. whats your routine like?
When You get confused, listen to the music play :icon_headfones: :icon_chick:

Offline Rakel

• Formerly known as Dani
  • Rakel@susans.org
Re: What's does a new girl NEED to have?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2021, 06:18:55 am »
I wear very little make up, but the few things that I like to use are a good skin moisturizer (I am 72 years old) and on occasion, maybe a little lipstick. Other than that, I am just fine with my appearance.

Retired Pharmacist with over 40 years experience in Hospital and Retail Pharmacies.
I still keep my professional licence active and in good standing.

Offline Chloe

• Family
  • Classic 'Lauren Bacall'
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2021, 08:37:39 am »
I like to use are a good skin moisturizer (I am 72 years old) and on occasion . .

Jordynfae I recently found this, very inexpensive & think it's GREAT with best deals found on ebay. They also make a cleanser that one can shave with called "micellar facial gel wash". I top moisturizer off with a splash of HYALURONIC ACID (an 100% Pure Anti Aging Hydrating Serum) and, for hair, I love WEN, by Chaz Dean, "Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing" with NO extra "conditioner" required!

Will follow thread, interested in makeup too!
"But it's no use now," thought poor Alice, "to pretend be two people!
"Why, there's hardly enough of me left to make one respectable person!"

( Current read: 'My Story" by Caroline 'Tula' Cossy )

Offline Jessica_K

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2021, 09:58:40 am »
Pretty same here, face cream for anti ageing and eye cream to tighten up my old eyes in the morning. I spend about £40 on the former and as the eye cream lasts I generally get it as a present so not bought any for a while. If you are UK then Boots Number 7 range is great for money

As for makeup I like a nice CC cream to cover skin defects, eye liner, mascara and shadow to liven up the eyes. Lip liner and stick. Sounds a lot but it done lightly, no gaudy colours.

Jessica xx

Offline Margrit

• Housewife
  • I love to run a proper and clean household.
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2021, 10:07:38 am »
That’s a very good question.

I would say it depends on your taste and how you would you like to appear. 
If you are a beginner in apply makeup so it’s maybe best to start with something simple like Mascara or Blush.
Train your self to use mascara and you will notice it can gives a nice feminine touch, or/and use it in combination with a Blush.
You also can use some lipgloss with that or if you like to give you a bit more color use a lipstick instead of lipgloss.
Some ladies like eyeliner, with or without eyeshadow, it really really depends on what you like most. Everything is possible but nothing is a must.
Perhaps it is a option for you to visit a makeup store and have a chat with one of the employees there. They can be so helpful and sometimes they do also show you how to use the products directly in your face…

By the way, the secret of every nice makeup is: practice, practice, practice and practice.
If a man can make you smile,
even if you don't want to,
then you love him.

Offline Misato

• I thought I was out, but I've been pulled back in.
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2021, 03:09:31 pm »
Moisturizer, and confidence.

When I transitioned I got a consult at a makeup store. I think the staff liked helping me because I had no idea what I was doing, I knew that, and was eager to absorb what they wanted to teach.

Offline Gunta666

• It is not Photoshoped :)
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2021, 02:02:08 am »
Go to professional makeup master, she or he will explain you everything you really need and show how to apply stuff

Offline Chloe

• Family
  • Classic 'Lauren Bacall'
Re: For those still SHAVING . .
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2021, 05:34:39 am »
Been researching different topics and came across some shaving tips:

Quote from: How to prevent razorburn
. . someone with razorburn . . on their chest. They shave it, and have really been struggling with this. When I told them how to prevent it, they insisted I post . . as this is apparently not common knowledge.

They were shaving it daily, and leaving their razor in the shower when not shaving. This is a no no.

Your shower is a warm/wet environment. Bacteria like to live there, and in this case, on your razor blades.

When you shave, microscopically speaking, that razor has little rusty jagged edges that scratch your skin, implanting the bacteria directly into the follicle surface. Because of the pressure on the skin while shaving, the hair is actually cut slightly below the surface of the follicle. Then, the bacterial presence causes the top of the follicle to swell, which then effectively closes the top of the missile silo shaft off. The missile (your hair) oblivious to this, launches, and collides with the blast doors on the top of the shaft causing the bump.
        To solve this, put a solo cup of rubbing alcohol in your shower. Leave your razor in that. It will keep it sterile. Then, after shaving, apply 1% hydrocortisone to the skin. This will decrease the inflammation that occurs not(?) from bacteria, and prevent further follicular inflammation. The hydrocortisone is only necessary for some people. Simply sterilizing the razor does the job for most.

For us "older crowd" been looking into CoverGirl's "Simply Ageless" makeup like their "3-in-1 Liquid Foundation" for mature skin, a foundation with vitamin C and hyaluronic acid that improves tone and moisturizes", comes in 11 shades and "instantly reduces wrinkles, evens skin tone and delivers firming hydration".

Also, as an alternative to doing a "facial peel" (i usually purchase from Platinum Skin Care), Dr's office recently purchased a new multi-purpose Harmony XL Pro laser which "is a powerful and versatile treatment solution for a wide range of aesthetic needs." at very reasonable pricing (haven't tried it yet) that does:

Vascular Lesions, Skin Remodeling, Pigmented Lesions, Tone & Texture, Hair Removal (aside from Casodex which is best chemical 'body' solution), Acne, Combined Therapy & Tattoo Removal . . . Can read "more about here". 

Cheers ;D

(ps: if anyone knows of good youtube makeup tutorials plz post and what is the difference between a "foundation" and a "concealer"?)
"But it's no use now," thought poor Alice, "to pretend be two people!
"Why, there's hardly enough of me left to make one respectable person!"

( Current read: 'My Story" by Caroline 'Tula' Cossy )

Offline Jordynfae

• MizzCharle3
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2022, 08:31:36 pm »
Thanks everyone for all those the advice and tips!

Eye make up is hard! Holy moly, I've been practicing every night and I'm starting get the eyeliner part down okay enough, am completely lost when it comes to using eye shadow.

Offline Rachel Montgomery

• Family
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2022, 01:35:03 am »
It depends upon your age and your personal style.

I have not transitioned and I am out to very few people.  That said, I like makeup.  I like to look like a fairly natural woman, but I have certain challenges that a lot of women don’t have to get there. For example, to hide a blemish I use opposite colored products.  I have very red cheeks.  So, I use green colored moisturizer and sunblock under the base.  The green neutralizes the red.  My beard can show a little bluish, so I wear orange tinted product to neutralize that.  Then a light foundation.  Lighter colored tints bring things forward, where as darker tints make things.  There are a LOT of YouTube videos that teach you how to apply makeup and contour using different tints.  I use this to hide a mild brow ridge and what I think is a nose that is too wide. 

I am in my late 50’s.  I showed a college age girl that I am out to photos of me, so that she could give me tips (she is great with makeup.  She was stunned by my pictures because I looked to her like a completely different person.  She said she could see it was me, but if she saw me out that I would look familiar but she would think I was a woman that worked at the university or a mom of a friend she just couldn’t place.  That is what I want to look like because I have kids in college, and that is how I want to see myself. 

I don’t have much (naturally) in the way of eyebrows, so I use an eyebrow pencil. 

Offline Battle Goddess

• Mentally Interesting
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2022, 09:05:07 am »
I have thick eyebrows that tend to grow long with wiry white hairs, so getting them waxed, shaped, and tinted does wonders.

Mascara was the first thing I tried. Easy to put on, and one can experiment with where it looks best on your lashes, whether to add it to the bottom lashes, whether to sweep your lashes horizontally or vertically, la la la.

I use a peach color corrector under my eyes for the dark circles and a combination concealer/foundation wherever for a smooth skin tone.

Eyeshadow remains a mystery.

I have found that a little eyeliner strategically placed at the corners of my eyes is all I need if I use it to slightly, gently draw the corners of my eyes outward and upward.

Nail polish is a great social cue. One of the few cosmetic brands I've found to truly stand out is OPI. A bit more expensive, but very high quality.
"It's not really a choice. Because we're not choosing to transition...we're choosing to be happy." -- SarahC

"Freedom comes at a high price. But I have paid that price, and I am free." -- Muhammad Ali

"Have a gentle manner ❤️" -- Chrissy Ryan
"Working on it" -- Battle Goddess

"When going through hell, best keep moving." -- Old & KIA

“Darling,” She said, “it doesn’t matter. You have only one choice. You can walk farther along the path or not. It is a narrow path. You may be scared about lifting your foot up to take your next step. It doesn’t matter. You don’t have to step very far. It’s up to you.
"But all you get to do is choose. Your anxieties, your fears, your courage, your happiness, your rage: go ahead and feel them all you want. They don’t matter. What matters is what you choose.
“I can promise you a long and fascinating road. I’ll give you tools along the way. I’ll be with you every step.
“Now make your choice.” --  my beloved Battle Goddess

Offline Jordynfae

• MizzCharle3
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2022, 05:41:05 am »
OPI? Never heard of that before

Offline Battle Goddess

• Mentally Interesting
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2022, 09:13:26 am »
OPI? Never heard of that before
Yup. You can find it in drugstores sometimes, but it's kind of high-end for them. Try Ulta or similar.

Check out online sites for reviews first. Many provide rl pictures. Each has really goofy names, and many shades are v similar.

I get big love from "Spare me a French Quarter?" Lots of positive comments.

"It's not really a choice. Because we're not choosing to transition...we're choosing to be happy." -- SarahC

"Freedom comes at a high price. But I have paid that price, and I am free." -- Muhammad Ali

"Have a gentle manner ❤️" -- Chrissy Ryan
"Working on it" -- Battle Goddess

"When going through hell, best keep moving." -- Old & KIA

“Darling,” She said, “it doesn’t matter. You have only one choice. You can walk farther along the path or not. It is a narrow path. You may be scared about lifting your foot up to take your next step. It doesn’t matter. You don’t have to step very far. It’s up to you.
"But all you get to do is choose. Your anxieties, your fears, your courage, your happiness, your rage: go ahead and feel them all you want. They don’t matter. What matters is what you choose.
“I can promise you a long and fascinating road. I’ll give you tools along the way. I’ll be with you every step.
“Now make your choice.” --  my beloved Battle Goddess

Offline noleen111

• Family
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2022, 06:37:01 am »
As said before, it depends on your style and look you want to achieve,

I love makeup and do enjoy wearing it. I dont like layers and layer of makeup, to me it makes my face look fake. my daily makeup for work, I wear eye makeup (some light eye shadow, mascara and eye liner), a hint of color on my cheeks and lipstick on my lips. I personally don't like wearing foundation.

For nights out, I love the smokey eye look and I wear more color on my cheeks and maybe even fake eye lashes.

A tip, Generally (again down to personal taste), women wear more makeup at night, when they go out. (especially round the eyes). I have being told, dark colors around the eye work better at night, and during the day wear lighter colors.

Generally when I get home from work, I remove my makeup and before bed, I apply moisturizer to my face and some anti-aging cream. 

Enjoying ride the hormones are giving me... finally becoming the woman I always knew I was

Offline barbie

• I change my avatar every week
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2022, 02:17:48 pm »
My routine is 1) cleansing and moisturizing with facial toner, 2) sun cream, and occasionally foundation, especially with earrings. I attach false eyelashes to look younger.

barbie~~
Just do it.

Tags: out makeup beginner newbie Help