Author Topic: Things are finally in motion  (Read 1259 times)

Offline ashley7

• Riot gal!
  • Neighbor
Things are finally in motion
« on: October 15, 2021, 09:37:27 am »
After 5 years of suppressing who I am and trying to “cure” myself, I am taking real steps towards ending my misery. Giving up my depressed shut-in routine - just got a job so I can pay for laser hair removal. Used my stimulus checks for women’s clothing, hair and makeup. They will be delivered tonight. All that’s left is to get my eyebrows done - scared of walking into an intimate women’s setting - and getting back on hrt.

Offline Maid Marion

Re: Things are finally in motion
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2021, 11:08:26 am »
Hi Ashley,

That sounds great!

Marion

Offline ashley7

• Riot gal!
  • Neighbor
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2021, 01:15:22 pm »
I love my new wig!

Offline ashley7

• Riot gal!
  • Neighbor
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2021, 04:39:32 pm »
It took a lot of courage to walk into a woman’s salon, but everyone told me I needed to get my eyebrows done. I did it!

Pammie

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2021, 05:04:03 pm »
It took a lot of courage to walk into a woman’s salon, but everyone told me I needed to get my eyebrows done. I did it!

Yay! Go you!  Xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Rachel

• Family
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2021, 05:38:22 pm »
Congratulations.

Woman only areas are scary the first few times.  Bathrooms, buying clothing, the gum locker room and a spa I have no issue with now but at one time there was fear.
MTF in need of help link https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,133631.1980.html
MTF in need of help 2 link https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,251825.0.html
HRT  5-28-2013
FT   11-13-2015
FFS   9-16-2016 -Spiegel
GCS 11-15-2016 - McGinn
Hair Grafts 3-20-2017 - Cooley
Voice therapy start 3-2017 - Reene Blaker
Labiaplasty 5-15-2017 - McGinn
BA 7-12-2017 - McGinn
Hair grafts 9-25-2017 Dr.Cooley
Sataloff Cricothyroid subluxation and trachea shave12-11-2017
Dr. McGinn labiaplasty, hood repair, scar removal, graph repair and bottom of  vagina finished. urethra repositioned. 4-4-2018
Dr. Sataloff Glottoplasty 5-14-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal in office procedure 10-22-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal revision 2 4-3-2019 Bottom of vagina closed off, fat injected into the labia and urethra repositioned.
Dr. Thomas FemLar 10/13/2020
Dr. Thomas laser vocal procedure 2/17/2021

Offline Rakel

• Formerly known as Dani
  • Rakel@susans.org
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2021, 07:24:18 pm »

Looking good, girl.  ;D

Retired Pharmacist with over 40 years experience in Hospital and Retail Pharmacies.
I still keep my professional licence active and in good standing.

Offline ashley7

• Riot gal!
  • Neighbor
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2021, 01:05:13 am »
Thanks for all the support everyone! My parents have progressed in their tolerance. My mom even drove me to get girl clothes! Here are some pics of me getting used to my face.

My main issue is my body. I have a belly and broad shoulders. So far, the solution is off shoulder dresses, but I can’t wear only that forever! Help!

Pammie

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2021, 03:41:41 am »
Thanks for all the support everyone! My parents have progressed in their tolerance. My mom even drove me to get girl clothes! Here are some pics of me getting used to my face.

My main issue is my body. I have a belly and broad shoulders. So far, the solution is off shoulder dresses, but I can’t wear only that forever! Help!

I worry that off shoulder dresses might actually highlight your shoulders rather than hide them? Xx

Offline ashley7

• Riot gal!
  • Neighbor
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2021, 03:52:06 am »
I found a solution to the body problem: I simply wear men’s tops with women’s bottoms. Look here:

Offline ashley7

• Riot gal!
  • Neighbor
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2021, 01:10:41 pm »
Tomorrow is my first day at work and therefore my first time presenting as a female in public. Anxious at both the social setting and passing. I was a shut-in for the past 7 years, but transitioning this week really got me outside and having a life. Hope I don’t fail and it turns out to be everything I wanted for a painfully long time.

Pammie

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2021, 01:59:32 pm »
Tomorrow is my first day at work and therefore my first time presenting as a female in public. Anxious at both the social setting and passing. I was a shut-in for the past 7 years, but transitioning this week really got me outside and having a life. Hope I don’t fail and it turns out to be everything I wanted for a painfully long time.
You got this! The key is to dress appropriately and believe in yourself. Go in with confidence. X

Offline ashley7

• Riot gal!
  • Neighbor
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2021, 02:19:11 pm »
You got this! The key is to dress appropriately and believe in yourself. Go in with confidence. X

Thanks for informing me I need to dress appropriately. I was about to go in looking like a slut.  :laugh:

Pammie

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2021, 02:23:23 pm »
Thanks for informing me I need to dress appropriately. I was about to go in looking like a slut.  :laugh:
I remember my boss saying to me on my first day “oh thank goodness, I had no idea how you would dress’” - I was not impressed!
Not sure the sarcasm was appropriate though, it was meant as a reminder that smart but conservative would be a good idea. What do you do?

Online Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2021, 03:53:09 pm »

@ashley7   
Dear Ashley:
The advice and reply comment authored by our member @Pammie  is exactly correct and is something that we all need to be aware of and to do...
....it is a very good reminder of how we can handle initial ventures out in female mode.
"You got this! The key is to dress appropriately and believe in yourself. Go in with confidence. X"

As I have written in many of my postings and comments...
....I always suggest that dressing conservatively and with well fitting clothing styles is a good plan.
Hair, makeup, manicure, etc also are important..
Personally, for me, I always try to "fly under the radar" and not draw attention to myself.

Other members may be along to offer their suggestions.....

Best wishes to you dressing and going to work on your "first day" presenting as woman.
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 41

Offline Oldandcreaky

• Family
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2021, 11:08:30 am »
How did it go, Ashley? You've left us hanging.

Offline TSL_NB

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2021, 08:37:47 pm »
Hey Ashley.....I've been gone for a little while.  But, just WOW!   You're looking fabulous, sis! :)
It took over 40 years to realise, and believe, that what I am NOT, is a mistake.

(Yes, I'm a Canadian who served in the US Navy....)

Offline SheShe

• Neighbor
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2021, 10:38:48 pm »
Keep us up to date on how it goes at work.

Offline Carla68

• Friend
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2021, 08:39:07 am »
I switched from medium men's size band t-shirts to large or XL ladies t-shirts they tend to have a lower neckline and a slightly shorter angled sleeve but still cover the shoulders and if you are still semi in the closet must people don't notice but you know

Some do have whats called a ladies cut these tend to be less baggy hourglass shaped

Hope helps

Carla
Carla

FFS 22-6-21
GRS 22-6-21

Tags: