Community Conversation > Transgender talk

Dr. Ting VS. Dr. Bluebond-Langner and Dr. Zhao

(1/2) > >>

Mindy More:
So I was hoping to hear what are some experiences with these doctors....

I had my consultation with Dr. Bluebond-Langner + Dr. Zhao earlier this month, and have confirmed a surgery date with them for 2023. I have another consultation coming next month with Dr Ting which I'm preparing to cancel.  From what I've read the procedures are comparable? Have I made a miscalculation somewhere in my choices?

Also for the record, 32 months wait between the consultation booking to the actual surgery date)...they busy.

Rakel:
They are busy because the type of GCS they do (peritoneal pull through vaginalplasty) is considered the best way to construct a neo vagina.

You already have a scheduled appointment with Dr Ting. If it is not to inconvienent, just make the appointment. Dr Ting might tell you something new.

All three surgeons are well respected.

Mindy More:
So Ting and Bluebond-Langner/Zhao both do the same pull through technique?

SadieBlake:

--- Quote from: Mindy More on October 25, 2021, 08:05:54 pm ---So Ting and Bluebond-Langner/Zhao both do the same pull through technique?

--- End quote ---

That's not my understanding, however my most recent data is a couple years ago, so it may have changed.

As of then, if I understood correctly, Ting, sometimes working in collaboration with Marci Bowers was using peritoneal tissue taken from the scrotum.

Fwiw Dr Wittenberg in SF performs pptv. I think as highly of her as rbl, they're both amazing.

sarahc:
I had PPPT surgery with Bluebond/Zhao earlier this year and have a long thread on it in the GCS section of Susan’s. Tl;dr I had a very positive outcome and working with the NYU-Langone team was great. The only thing I could complain about was the hospital food.

I went with Bluebond because I think she’s getting the most consistently good outcomes at this point. I chose Bluebond over Ting because Ting didn’t get quite as consistently good reviews. He’s also a bit cocky (not unusual for surgeons), whereas Bluebond and Zhao project quiet confidence. I also am a big fan of the plastic surgeon / urologist team approach…it really reduces the time under anesthesia and that helps with recovery. 

I would also do a consultation with Avenessian at Mt Sinai. I think she has enough experience at this point, it doesn’t seem like her results are any worse than Ting’s, and she has better bedside manner than Ting. But I would still choose Bluebond/Zhao over either of those two.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version