Community Conversation > Transgender talk

Second Birthday

(1/2) > >>

BritneyX:
Yesterday, the 26th of October, was 11 years ago when I had my Service Related Injury that ended my Naval career and left me a Disable Veteran with a lifetime of agonizing pain.  A while back, I metophorically considered my old self to have passed away, being reborn into a secondhand body.  This was sort of just joshing around and somewhat of a poignant thought.  So this year, I made the 26th of October my Second Birthday.  That has had me thinking.  Why can't this be Britney Samantha's Birthday, instead of the Birthday of my past life?  The who I was had plenty of Birthdays.  Time for who I now am to have hers.  When I turned 50 3 years ago, I fulfilled a personal promise to take action to find my missing half and True self, making this a logical progression for me.

So the question is, does anyone else have such a similar take on the latter, about their new life.   Does anyone else celebrate a Second Birthday or something similar?    Curious if I am not alone in this.

pamelatransuk:
Yes I am sure many do, just like you and me.

We celebrate date of coming out, of starting HRT, of going fulltime and of surgeries of which obviously the most significant is GRS.

Hugs

Pamela xx

Pammie:

--- Quote from: BritneyX on October 27, 2021, 03:19:42 am ---Yesterday, the 26th of October, was 11 years ago when I had my Service Related Injury that ended my Naval career and left me a Disable Veteran with a lifetime of agonizing pain.  A while back, I metophorically considered my old self to have passed away, being reborn into a secondhand body.  This was sort of just joshing around and somewhat of a poignant thought.  So this year, I made the 26th of October my Second Birthday.  That has had me thinking.  Why can't this be Britney Samantha's Birthday, instead of the Birthday of my past life?  The who I was had plenty of Birthdays.  Time for who I now am to have hers.  When I turned 50 3 years ago, I fulfilled a personal promise to take action to find my missing half and True self, making this a logical progression for me.

So the question is, does anyone else have such a similar take on the latter, about their new life.   Does anyone else celebrate a Second Birthday or something similar?    Curious if I am not alone in this.

--- End quote ---
Oh yes! June 27th was the day I found myself and I celebrate it as my true birthday! (Official birthday is July 1st). I also celebrate my go live date of August 7th

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SarahEL:
i have 2 birthdays.. it stems from early childhood... as a dissociative with a couple of real life personalities.. it was always the case that the 'female' birthday was in May and the Male one in September.. 
Since I resolved all those issues.. and now it is just me inside my head.. I still keep both birthdays.. I had so many missed as a kid I think I actually deserve to now catch up.. I also like presents!!

As a transwoman, I guess we have a number of days we 'could' use as second birthdays.. the day we started HRT, the day we went full time, the day we had surgery... they to me are all important days.. but I will stick with my 2 birthdays for now.. (but am considering the amount of presents I could bag if I had 5!! hmmmmm) :)

Northern Star Girl:
@BritneyX  @pamelatransuk  @Pammie  @SarahEL

I have FOUR "birthdays" that I keep track of...
... there are others of course, such as graduating from University with my MBA, etc.

February 1980     Came into this world naked
    March 2015        Started HRT
    December 2016   Went Full Time, quit my male mode job
    January 2017      Relocated to Alaska, started my CPA/Tax business

Danielle

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version