Author Topic: Why we are some of the most hated people?  (Read 1191 times)

Offline CosmicJoke

• Friend
Why we are some of the most hated people?
« on: November 07, 2021, 09:53:33 pm »
Hi everyone. The question is in the subject really. I struggle to wrap my head around how people could hate us just for being who we are. I realize that we aren't the only people who get hate but why do you think we are such a target. Aren't there worse things someone can be/do?

Offline Anita B. Ting

Re: Why we are some of the most hated people?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2021, 10:41:43 pm »
Here in the Southern US, I believe that we are so hated because "they" believe that "we" are saying that God made a mistake, we know what is best for us and that we are going to correct His error. That is a hard pill for some to swallow.

I also think that some hate us for having the balls (no pun intended) to do what we need to do in order to be the person we believe should be. For instance, the gay man who goes throught failed marriage after failed marriage because he won't come out of the closet and keeps marrying women to continue that front. He chooses to live in misery and therefore resents those of us who take steps to become the people we are destined to be. Or the girl who complains that she can't get a date with a GQ looking guy, but continues to eat 4 quarter-pounders a day. I think those unwilling to take the required measure just naturally resent those who do. My probably not even worth 2 cents worth! :)

Anita

Offline Allie Jayne

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2021, 11:49:20 pm »
People fear what they don't understand, and our existence goes against the very foundations of their knowledge, i.e. that there are 2 sexes, male and female and this is decided at birth. This belief, like the sun rising and setting, grounds people, and when we challenge that belief, they try to re establish the foundation of their knowledge by attacking our existence. It's not really hatred, but fear.

This is why our future and acceptance lies with education. It may be too late for this generation, but the generation emerging will hopefully have a better understanding. In the meantime, we can show the world that we are valid and contributing citizens by leading good lives, and providing good examples.

To know is to love.

Hugs,

Allie

Offline sarahc

• Sarah
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2021, 07:15:49 am »
Because we're sinners and wicked in the eyes of many. Most importantly, they're afraid that we'll be "bad influences" on people that they care about.

Like Allie Jayne says, I think that things will significantly improve over the course of the next few decades. Teenagers these days, even in conservative areas, are a lot more acclimated to gender expansive expressions and this is inevitably the future: it's just not going to be a big deal for a majority of people. We're about 20 years behind the gay and lesbian community in terms of awareness and understanding...much like the Defense of Marriage Act in the late 1990s and the wars over gay marriage in the decade following that, this last gasp of pushback against the transgender community is going to look so lame in retrospect.

Things are tough now, but keep in mind that they are a lot better than they were ten years ago. And time is most definitely on our side.

Sarah
----
48 years young.
Known that I am trans since...forever.
First therapy session / decided to transition / hair removal: October 2018
HRT: January 2019 (journal https://www.susans.org/forums/index.phpVF/topic,244009.0.html)
VFS: September 2019; three-month report here
Full-time: April 2020
FFS: August 2020
SRS: January 2021

Offline Oldandcreaky

• Family
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2021, 07:42:23 am »
It's ignorance. There's this notion that we're born perfect. In the late 1970s, I worked in a state institution that warehoused birth defective human beings. You acclimate to deformity and then you turn a corner and see someone so deformed that you gasp. Abortion means fewer humans are born with obvious deformities, but an incongruent brain can't be descried by blood test or ultrasound.

Plus, how many of the trans-bigots even know what MRIs have shown about trans-people's brain structure?

Offline Haley Conner

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2021, 08:52:42 am »
Because some people are small minded and mentally lazy. 

Online pamelatransuk

• Started taking action after decades of suppression in 2017. Finally secured my true female body by GRS in 2021.
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2021, 05:40:15 pm »
All of the above plus those who don't wish to be educated and those so inflexible that they cannot change their thinking on anything!

Hugs

Pamela xx

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Have a gentle manner ❤️
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2021, 06:25:37 pm »
Ignorance has a lot to do with it, for sure.

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Pammie

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2021, 05:01:59 pm »
I agree with all of the points but would add one more.
It’s my view that - via some trans activists - we can be our own worst enemy by trying to get too much too quickly.
I think we need to try to avoid alienating groups who are natural allies without being subservient

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Misato

• I thought I was out, but I've been pulled back in.
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2021, 05:06:37 pm »
We introduce complexity that a lot of people don’t want to deal with, as they prefer to have a “simple” black and white world.

Stateside, our uptight, unhealthy, puritanical approach to all things involving reproductive parts don’t help us either.

Offline Anastasia

• Friend
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2021, 06:59:38 pm »
It would be nice to think that things are getting better and will continue to do so, but it is not guaranteed. Who would have thought that abortion rights could be rolled back as far as Texas has done without actually making it illegal? One politician or group can undo decades of progress in one term. You must continue to vote in all elections, local, state and national. Remember, national figures began in state politics and they usually began in local politics. My state has a football coach and insurectionist defender in the national scene so those local and state elections are important to the future.

To and my 1.5 cents worth to the question...we are hated because we are different, we shake the foundations of a major truth in their lives (there is only male and female and you should be happy with that), and we are a small group that will never be a majority and therefore easier to abuse in safety.

Offline Marieh

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2021, 06:03:02 pm »
We're the last minority where people with ordinarily liberal views can demonise us as a  threat to society. Not  only  that both  gay and lesbian people agree with that because of course we don't fit with their now largely mainstream situation.

We have the TERFs of course who think  we undermine women's rights and want to hang out in women's safe areas so we can assault them. As in the Harry  Potter  woman. Ignoring the fact we are women and we identify as such.

As for  the  supposed militant transgender activists? Who are they? Do they even exist?UTP

Online Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2021, 06:53:40 pm »
We're the last minority where people with ordinarily liberal views can demonise us as a  threat to society. Not  only  that both  gay and lesbian people agree with that because of course we don't fit with their now largely mainstream situation.

We have the TERFs of course who think  we undermine women's rights and want to hang out in women's safe areas so we can assault them. As in the Harry  Potter  woman. Ignoring the fact we are women and we identify as such.

As for  the  supposed militant transgender activists? Who are they? Do they even exist?UTP
@Marieh
Dear Marieh
****Please know that I am not trying to hijack your post and your thoughts and comments but first I wish to Officially Welcome YOU to Susan's Place.
    I am happy to see that you have signed up as a member of Susan's Place and have submitted your first posting. 

As you post here on the forums you will be able to exchange thoughts and comments with others that are experiencing many of the same things that you wrote about.

This is the right place for you to be to find out what others may have to say that may have been in your circumstances and with your questions and concerns.
    There are a lot of members here that will be able to identify with your situation as you continue to feel free to share it.

I want to warmly WELCOME you to Susan's Place
You will find this a safe and friendly place to share with others and to read about others similar trials, tribulations, and successes.

As you are certainly aware you can share with others and involve yourself with some give and take with other like-minded members.  When frustrated or if you have successes you can share it here if you wish and receive support from others and offer support to others. ....
     ***There is a very good chance that you might find that you will make some new like-minded friends here. 

Please come in and continue to be involved at your own pace.   Other members will be along shortly to give you their thoughts about your questions and concerns that you mentioned in your very first posting.

There is information and important LINKS that I have included below.   You will find information about the site that will help you navigate around and best utilize the features here.   
Please look closely at the LINKS in RED, answers are there to many questions that new members ask....

Again, Welcome to Susan's Place.
Danielle

Here are some links to the site rules and stuff that all new members should be familiar with:

Things that you should read
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 41

Online Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2021, 06:57:07 pm »
@Marieh
Dear Marieh:

One more thing........
....If you feel so inclined please feel free to stop by the Introductions Forum to tell more members about yourself!
    With more exposure to more members here you will be able to get more responses to your questions and concerns.
    Wishing your well as you continue to be involved in the forums.

****NOTE: Now, after all of this Greeting and Welcoming stuff, I will give you and your readers your thread back so you can get some answers from other members.

If you have any questions please feel free to email me at  northernstargirl@susans.org

Again, Welcome to Susan's Place.
Danielle

Global Moderator
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 41

Offline SupremeJoint

• Visitor
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2021, 06:27:26 am »
I believe it’s mostly rooted in religion. We are lumped in with being gay or queer or a number of names that most religious people think are mental illness. Even though we are not harming someone physically we are harming their perceived religion. Honestly my parents love me and I have helped them so much through these hard times and they still have a hard time understanding me. One thing to think about is that anything new like this is always rejected as it changes society’s norms. We very much are changing the world being our authentic selves. This scares people and challenges them to think differently.

Offline Oldandcreaky

• Family
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2021, 07:48:00 am »
Two more reasons:

Transwomen are targeted more than transmen. This arises from homophobia on the part of men who target us, the fear that they might be attracted to a woman who was identified as male at birth.

Then there are the feminists who target us more than they target transmen and I think we enrage them because the wind that fills their sails is the assumption that the epicenter of all evil is that men oppress women, so the notion that a man would choose to be a woman undercuts that.

Online pamelatransuk

• Started taking action after decades of suppression in 2017. Finally secured my true female body by GRS in 2021.
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2021, 08:16:39 am »
People fear what they don't understand, and our existence goes against the very foundations of their knowledge, i.e. that there are 2 sexes, male and female and this is decided at birth. This belief, like the sun rising and setting, grounds people, and when we challenge that belief, they try to re establish the foundation of their knowledge by attacking our existence. It's not really hatred, but fear.

Hugs,

Allie

One thing to think about is that anything new like this is always rejected as it changes society’s norms. We very much are changing the world being our authentic selves. This scares people and challenges them to think differently.

Yes indeed. Aswell as all the other most relevant points previously mentioned, the idea that Transgender is New (which it isn't anyway) scares people and hence results in Fear.

Hugs

Pamela xx

Offline ashley7

• Riot gal!
  • Neighbor
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2021, 10:03:23 pm »
We haven't been normalized through the media. The result is, when people see us they think we're weird, unusual, or flat-out freaks.

Tags: