Community Conversation > Coming out of the closet

Considering Socially Transitioning...

(1/4) > >>

Ellie_Jean:
Sooo...let's see...I've been on hormones over nine months...I dressed up for Halloween this year...it was kind of a disaster...probably a different thread. ...Anyhoo...sometimes I passed; sometimes I didn't. ...Buuut...it's been getting harder and harder to pass as a boy...sometimes I get weird looks when I have to show my ID to buy smokes or booze.
...Sooo yeah...I'm kinda freaking out. 😖

Maid Marion:
I find it much easier to socialize presenting as a woman.  I have a petite hourglass figure with a thin waistline.  Somehow this conveys that I know what I talking about much more than when I presented as a short guy....

I've also done things like after overhearing a lady repeatedly telling her husband how sweet the expensive  Cotton Candy grapes are, I went ahead and agreed with her, in a show of support.

Marion

Ellie_Jean:

--- Quote from: Maid Marion on November 11, 2021, 05:41:57 pm ---I find it much easier to socialize presenting as a woman.

--- End quote ---

...I'm way too self-conscious of my voice. 😣

Nadine Spirit:
Hi, I'm sorry but I am a bit confused, do you want to transition?  It appears that way as you are taking estrogen, but maybe I'm wrong and you are not wanting to transition.  Can you clarify?  Is it just happening sooner than you were hoping for?  Many people would be happy if they could no longer pass as a boy.

Ellie_Jean:

--- Quote from: Nadine Spirit on November 12, 2021, 06:36:42 am ---Hi, I'm sorry but I am a bit confused, do you want to transition?
--- End quote ---

...Yes and no? ...I don't want to transition...I want to BE transitioned...if that makes any sense? 😖

--- Quote from: Nadine Spirit on November 12, 2021, 06:36:42 am ---It appears that way as you are taking estrogen, but maybe I'm wrong and you are not wanting to transition.  Can you clarify?
--- End quote ---

The phrasing of the question made my brain glitch a little, but I think I know what you're asking, and I'll do my best to clarify:

Yes; I've been taking estrogen and blockers. I started on February 1st, 2021 at 07:00:31 AM MST. ...Sooo, in approximately twelve hours, it will be roughly nine and a half months that I've been in the process of medically transitioning lol...I'm autistic...I can be very specific about dates, and times, and numbers lol. 😅

Anyhoo....Socially speaking, I don't want to transition...so much as I NEED to transition. 😖

--- Quote from: Nadine Spirit on November 12, 2021, 06:36:42 am ---Is it just happening sooner than you were hoping for? 

--- End quote ---

Very much so this, *points to quoted text above.* 😅

...On the one hand, I love that my body is reacting so well to the HRT, and that I'm starting to see a girl staring back at me in the mirror. ...On the other hand, it's also super terrifying, because my voice in particular doesn't pass at all in my mind, and on Halloween...ugh...I probably just need to make a separate thread about Halloween lol. ...Long story short: Sometimes I passed as a girl...and sometimes I didn't. ...Mostly because of my voice ...I got a lot of weird looks that night...some a little more on the hateful/disgusted side of the spectrum due to seeing me as nothing but a boy dressed like a girl in cowboy country. ...It was my first time dressed-up in public...and it kinda traumatized me. 😶

--- Quote from: Nadine Spirit on November 12, 2021, 06:36:42 am ---Many people would be happy if they could no longer pass as a boy.

--- End quote ---

...Good for them? LOL 🤣

I have way too much social anxiety; transitioning socially is gonna be totally mortifying. 😣

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version