Author Topic: Transgender Day of Remembrance - 2021  (Read 723 times)

Offline Rakel

• Formerly known as Dani
  • Rakel@susans.org
Transgender Day of Remembrance - 2021
« on: November 20, 2021, 04:43:47 am »
Today is November 20, 2021.

It is also the Transgender Day of Remembrance. This is the day we take a few monents to stop and to mourn those who we have lost this past year, and work towards reducing this number in the next.

More than just a solemn few moments, we need to do something for those who are still at risk.

For myself, I will be at the Ft Lauderdale Pride festivities on the beach. The festivities include all people under the LGBTQ umbrella. I will be in the Trans Pride tent. I will not be doing much, just being helpful as needed, meeting the public and answering questions that they may have.  I am going to publicly be an example that we are just normal people and that there is nothing to be afraid of from people like me.

The weather is not promising, as we have a 60% chance of rain. Even if it does rain, it will not dampen my spirits.

Take care and everybody, just take a moment to remember.  :-* :'(

Retired Pharmacist with over 40 years experience in Hospital and Retail Pharmacies.
I still keep my professional licence active and in good standing.

Offline Moonflower

Re: Transgender Day of Remembrance - 2021
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2021, 06:17:55 am »
I will be at the Ft Lauderdale Pride festivities on the beach.

Best wishes for your day! May we all be safe today.
:icon_wave:
1999 married :icon_archery:
~2004 I started discovering the woman hiding behind my sweetheart's facade
Fall 2018 my baby came out to a few people!  :icon_female:
I'm an audiobook narrator wanting to record books (fiction and nonfiction) that support respect for transpeople and the people who love them. Any suggestions? Hear samples of my work at http://WeaverGrace.com

Pammie

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2021, 06:32:38 am »
Today is November 20, 2021.

It is also the Transgender Day of Remembrance. This is the day we take a few monents to stop and to mourn those who we have lost this past year, and work towards reducing this number in the next.

More than just a solemn few moments, we need to do something for those who are still at risk.

For myself, I will be at the Ft Lauderdale Pride festivities on the beach. The festivities include all people under the LGBTQ umbrella. I will be in the Trans Pride tent. I will not be doing much, just being helpful as needed, meeting the public and answering questions that they may have.  I am going to publicly be an example that we are just normal people and that there is nothing to be afraid of from people like me.

The weather is not promising, as we have a 60% chance of rain. Even if it does rain, it will not dampen my spirits.

Take care and everybody, just take a moment to remember.  :-* :'(
Well done Rakel. I put some slides together about the stats and what they really mean which I posted at work. It’s a very sobering day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Have a gentle manner ❤️
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2021, 07:11:59 am »
Please, never forget them.

Hugging them in my mind.

Chrissy

@Pammie @Devlyn @Roll
@Northern Star Girl @CynthiaAnn
@Megan. @BattleGoddess
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Pammie

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2021, 07:43:02 am »
Please, never forget them.

Hugging them in my mind.

Chrissy

@Pammie @Devlyn @Roll
@Northern Star Girl @CynthiaAnn
@Megan. @BattleGoddess
Well said Chrissy! Xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Moonflower

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2021, 10:55:26 am »
Well done Rakel. I put some slides together about the stats and what they really mean which I posted at work. It’s a very sobering day

Such a great idea! I will give that some thought for next year...
:icon_wave:
1999 married :icon_archery:
~2004 I started discovering the woman hiding behind my sweetheart's facade
Fall 2018 my baby came out to a few people!  :icon_female:
I'm an audiobook narrator wanting to record books (fiction and nonfiction) that support respect for transpeople and the people who love them. Any suggestions? Hear samples of my work at http://WeaverGrace.com

Tags: