Author Topic: Dating for the disabled  (Read 153 times)

Offline JaezelMarie

• You Can Only Live One Life - Be The Best You Possible
  • Friend
  • Non Binary Queen
Dating for the disabled
« on: November 25, 2021, 09:08:40 pm »
I find life to be sometimes extra difficult as a disabled person, I can not drive or work and I will always live with my family (like my sister who is my best friend). I live off of SSDI and get about $600 a month, My disabilities comprise of Cerebral Palsy, Schizo Affective disorder, and a learning impairment. I would love to think that I could have a relationship one day, but I do not see it as a possiblilty like at all. I can thankfully walk and talk but even then with a learning disability I am rather slow sometimes. I had spinal menijatas at 6 days old and it damaged my brain causing these disabilities. I take a lot of pills every night and morning and a shot every 3 weeks just to get by. I can feel really depressed when I think that romance or even intamacy is never going to happen I will most likley die young and a virgin, I am 28 now. I cant say I absolutly hate my life because I get to play as many games and watch as many movies and tv shows as I want all the time, I also get out of house a lot because my sister takes me to the mall or to a book store to walk around multiple times a week. I live on a 5 acre farm and I am not a big help but I do try, I carry boards for my family after they sand them or whatever for the garden beds. I can not be trusted with power tools because my hands from my cerebral palsy and being on intense meds give out or start tremoring shaking randomly all the time. I do take charge of my life in the ways I can, I live out and proud as a non binary person and I get a lot from my family in the form of emotional and financial support (they buy me a lot of games). I just do not see any kind of relationship as a possiblity even friendships because nobody would want to link their life to mine even for an hour in real life, I am good at making friendly aquaintences but that is about it, I go to gamestop or the bookstore and they know me by name and say hello.... if anything were to happen to my parents or sister I would go into a home and I would not even have my best friend in the world (my sister)
This can be a hard and bumpy road, but until you put one foot out the door and start on your journey, you will never know where your feet might carry you!

Offline Aurorasky

• Princess Ozma
  • Friend
Re: Dating for the disabled
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2021, 04:10:04 pm »
This must be so hard. I can't imagine what you go through on a daily basis feeling this way. What I can say is that there's always hope. You don't have to be alone if you don't want to be. You can find love, just like anyone else. It may take more time and mean there's less of a pool of partners to pick from, but it means you can find someone who values you for you. Is there some kind of social group for disabled people around you can join?
Aurora Beatriz da Fonseca

Tags: