Author Topic: Are mushy peas any good to eat?  (Read 461 times)

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Have a gentle manner ❤️
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
Are mushy peas any good to eat?
« on: November 28, 2021, 11:10:14 am »
Are mushy peas any good to eat?  I may try them.

Seems like they are served often as a side to breaded fried cod and fries (chips) in the UK.

Chrissy

@Devlyn @Megan. @Pammie
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline Devlyn

• The Forum Administrator
  • devlynmarie@susans.org
Re: Are mushy peas any good to eat?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2021, 01:15:09 pm »
Yes. No. I plead the 5th.  :laugh:
Veteran, US Army

Online TXSara

• Friend
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2021, 01:48:08 pm »
Never tried them.  Heck, it took me nearly 40 years before I would eat peas at ALL, much less "mushy" ones!  ;D

~Sara

Offline Megan.

• Homepage & Blog
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2021, 02:12:05 pm »
I'm not a fan, but know others who are. I'd far rather have some fresh sweet garden peas in the round.

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

"Life is a travelling to the edge of knowledge, then a leap taken." - D. H. Lawrence

Offline Oldandcreaky

• Family
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2021, 02:29:24 pm »
I'm with Megan. A shiny, perfect pea is one of the most comely veggies. Why crush its beauty? It's a little like crushing Michelangelo's Pieta and considering the rubble to be an upgrade.

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Family
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2021, 02:30:36 pm »
I like to get a can of young (early) green peas, and heat them up with mozzarella cheese.

Very tasty.  I called them “Cheesy Peas” and they are my own creation. 
Not that someone did not make them that way before, of course.

Hugs,

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Family
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2021, 02:33:27 pm »
Yes. No. I plead the 5th.  :laugh:

I am unsure how to interpret this as other than an ambivalent reply @Devlyn

Seems like they are not so good.  Perhaps.

Chrissy

Offline Megan.

• Homepage & Blog
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2021, 05:34:54 am »
I like to get a can of young (early) green peas, and heat them up with mozzarella cheese.

Very tasty.  I called them “Cheesy Peas” and they are my own creation. 
Not that someone did not make them that way before, of course.

Hugs,

Chrissy
Chrissy, I'm afraid you were beaten to it...

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

"Life is a travelling to the edge of knowledge, then a leap taken." - D. H. Lawrence

Online jennifer7020

• Friend
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2021, 07:21:58 am »
One of my daughters studied abroad in the UK.. and I did try mushy peas when we visited.

Being polite as possible, I think they are a comfort food if you grew up with them. I think they are -erm- an acquired taste if you did not grow up eating them.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
She had rings on her fingers and bells on her shoes
And I knew, without askin', she was into the blues
She wore scarlet begonias tucked into her curls
I knew right away she was not like other girls, other girls

Offline sandrauk

• Friend
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2021, 07:59:12 am »
No need to be polite, I don't imagine they would appeal to everyone, it's all in the seasoning.

As a child, we had a big bag of dried peas. We would soak them overnight and cook them before mashing them. Delicious with mint sauce made from mint from the garden and vinegar.

Too much effort these days, but I really should try to see if they taste better than the canned which are a bit meh.

As a youth we would go every Saturday to Norwich market for a meat pie swimming in mushy peas that had been cooking for hours. Yum.

Offline davina61

• The ramblings of an old dear
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2021, 08:16:15 am »
I always have mushy peas given the option , great with battered fish and chips. (but curry sauce is better)
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever.
I get pushed out of shape and its hard to steer when I get rubber in all 4 gears (Beach Boys ,little deuce coupe)

Tags: