General Discussions > Cooking

Are mushy peas any good to eat?

<< < (2/3) > >>

ChrissyRyan:
I like to get a can of young (early) green peas, and heat them up with mozzarella cheese.

Very tasty.  I called them “Cheesy Peas” and they are my own creation. 
Not that someone did not make them that way before, of course.

Hugs,

Chrissy

ChrissyRyan:

--- Quote from: Devlyn on November 28, 2021, 01:15:09 pm ---Yes. No. I plead the 5th.  :laugh:

--- End quote ---

I am unsure how to interpret this as other than an ambivalent reply @Devlyn

Seems like they are not so good.  Perhaps.

Chrissy

Megan.:

--- Quote from: ChrissyRyan on November 28, 2021, 02:30:36 pm ---I like to get a can of young (early) green peas, and heat them up with mozzarella cheese.

Very tasty.  I called them “Cheesy Peas” and they are my own creation. 
Not that someone did not make them that way before, of course.

Hugs,

Chrissy

--- End quote ---
Chrissy, I'm afraid you were beaten to it...

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

jennifer7020:
One of my daughters studied abroad in the UK.. and I did try mushy peas when we visited.

Being polite as possible, I think they are a comfort food if you grew up with them. I think they are -erm- an acquired taste if you did not grow up eating them.

sandrauk:
No need to be polite, I don't imagine they would appeal to everyone, it's all in the seasoning.

As a child, we had a big bag of dried peas. We would soak them overnight and cook them before mashing them. Delicious with mint sauce made from mint from the garden and vinegar.

Too much effort these days, but I really should try to see if they taste better than the canned which are a bit meh.

As a youth we would go every Saturday to Norwich market for a meat pie swimming in mushy peas that had been cooking for hours. Yum.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version