Author Topic: Today's Thoughts by Nora Kay  (Read 12628 times)

Offline Nora Kay

Re: Today's Thoughts by Nora Kay
« Reply #360 on: May 20, 2022, 11:14:14 pm »
And a very special thanks to @EllenW
I had a great time having lunch with her on my birthday. She would not let me pay. It was awesome to talk to someone live. Yay!

Today's Thoughts by Nora Kay

You can roll the boulder up the hill only so many times before you realize that, no matter how hard you push and how hard you pray, that the boulder’s going to roll back down the hill again.

I am too old to worry about who likes me and who dislikes me. I have more important things to do. If you love me, 💕 I love you. 😘  If you support me, I support you. If you hate me, I don’t care. Life goes on with or without you. 😎

Give us courage to change what we can, serenity to accept what cannot be changed, and the wisdom to know the one from the other. 🙏

Offline TXSara

• Friend
« Reply #361 on: May 21, 2022, 03:30:32 am »
I had a great time having lunch with her on my birthday. She would not let me pay. It was awesome to talk to someone live. Yay!

That's wonderful!  I'm so glad you're able to get out and have some REAL human interaction.  It's not like I don't enjoy talking with y'all online, but it's a lot harder to give someone a big hug with letters and numbers.  My local support network is what keeps me going when things are a little rough.

~Sara

Offline EllenW

« Reply #362 on: May 21, 2022, 10:15:57 am »

Nora,
You are most welcome. I enjoyed our talk.

Ellen
Known all my life I was different
Started to live part time as my true self in 2010
HRT January 2018
Full time at work February 2018
Legal name and gender change January 2019
GCS - January 2021
BA - November 2021
Blog - https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,255685.msg2442139.html#msg2442139

Offline Nora Kay

« Reply #363 on: May 22, 2022, 08:00:04 pm »
Kind of bored today. Did not really feel like doing anything earlier today. I was down a little because my wife is not here with me and I miss her. I am better now. Getting some cleaning done and trying to get the garage( my office ) in order.

I have been thinking on when we switch between what we think the world wants us to be and what we really want to be. Right now I don’t care anymore(well maybe a tiny bit) what the world thinks I should be. Let’s look at how silly it seems to me now. Before I could not be dressed as myself to be on the phone. For some reason I had to be in my male clothes. That’s a weird one. Also I could not work around the house unless in my guy clothes. That one I don’t get either. I have come so far lately. Where I live my neighbors behind me are 2 story houses two of those can definitely see into our back yard. I  never worried about what they saw or could see. I was always back there picking up the dog poop im a skirt. I have always gone in the back yard. Totally dressed. But would not talk on the phone. Lol. I had not even realized I had been going in my back yard for my 2 neighbors to see if they wanted all this time. If they have seen anything. Not a peep. I guess it shows how much we worry about thing that don’t matter. No body cares what you wear in your back yard. Or to the door. Or to get the mail. Or to check if your car doors ar locked. Nothing has really changed since I quit caring. It’s my life and I have to live it. So if it makes me happy. I am doing it. 

You can roll the boulder up the hill only so many times before you realize that, no matter how hard you push and how hard you pray, that the boulder’s going to roll back down the hill again.

I am too old to worry about who likes me and who dislikes me. I have more important things to do. If you love me, 💕 I love you. 😘  If you support me, I support you. If you hate me, I don’t care. Life goes on with or without you. 😎

Give us courage to change what we can, serenity to accept what cannot be changed, and the wisdom to know the one from the other. 🙏

Offline davina61

• The ramblings of an old dear
« Reply #364 on: May 23, 2022, 02:50:02 am »
Own it dear, as far as I am concerned its the only way forward .
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever.
I get pushed out of shape and its hard to steer when I get rubber in all 4 gears (Beach Boys ,little deuce coupe)

Offline Nora Kay

« Reply #365 on: May 23, 2022, 04:53:46 pm »
Ok I found this in another post and I have been reading it and re reading it. In my opinion it works. I have been doing this since I read it. I don’t need acceptance. I just need respect.

Hi Paige
I don’t know why, but I never had a challenge transitioning. Early on in my transition, I had often heard from those who had transitioned that I needed to follow their roadmap for transition. I’ve never believed in following others. I did lots of research online about lots of topics and came to my own conclusions.
My therapist said, and I still believe, hormones don’t make you a woman. So I believed early on not to expect miracles from HRT. What I believed from therapist, is she said living full time as Nina, gaining experience is what would help me.
As each passing day, I learned to look at people in the eye, not look at the ground, and smile a lot. The more I did this, the happier I was when met with a smile. I never felt ashamed of who I was. Sure, I always felt people were judging me, but hey, take a walk through WalMart or grocery store...people are in sweatpants, no makeup, etc.
My therapist, as well as others said I needed to get my voice right. I went to half a dozen sessions with a voice therapist. I found the work hard, it felt fake, and I quit.
Year two of transition was my breakthrough. No longer did I see my former self in the mirror. I saw Nina. I reminded myself daily I was Nina...and that this is is the face and body I’ve been blessed with. I discounted any benefit at my age (45 years then) of facial or vocal surgery.
I joined Meetup.com to meet people in my city. Whether it was camping, hiking, euchre get togethers, movies....whatever...no one cared about my voice. No one criticized me. No one misgendered me. I felt like I was fitting in all the more.

Now 10 years later, I know no longer dress up to be “girly.” I dress how I want, not how others need to see me. I don’t pretend with my voice. I haven’t worn makeup since last year.
Just got back from Spain after a two week vacation. It was a big test for me as I’ve never flown as Nina. Whether at the airport,on the plane to Spain, the time in Spain...no one noticed. No one said anything. I got “ma’am” and “miss” everywhere.

So after 10 years, my conclusion is if you believe in yourself, surgeries are not necessary other than GCS if that’s important. When I transitioned 10 years ago, I never envisioned I would have had GCS, but as time went on, it became much more important to me.

Attitude, confidence, and not giving a <not allowed> what others think is why I’m thriving.

It’s working. Anxieties are down. Today I decided to wear a bra that put them out there a little. And I have gotten a couple looks. But confidence is high. So no anxiety about it. Take me or leave me.

Offline Nora Kay

« Reply #366 on: May 24, 2022, 11:45:16 am »
One thing I have to remember is I am barely 5 months into my transition and I have done nothing besides hormones. So me being impatient is not going to change things.

So everyone telling you the only permanent hair removal is electrolosis. Don’t believe them. My arms back and chest tell a different story. Hormones and ripping the hairs out removes some of the hair permanently. Can you imagine the cost to remove the jungle I used to call my chest would have cost if I did hair removal first. Wow! is all I have to say. It did not rid every hair but 95% is pretty darn good to me 

Today I am going to a sugaring place to get my facial hair ripped out. I don’t think it will be right away. Or am I expecting it to work as good as my chest. But if it thins it out, that’s all I want. I have a new lotion to try that is supposed to be used after hair removal to slow then stop hair regrowth. If this works I’ll save a bunch. But if it does not, I won’t be wondering. It has good reviews so I’m hoping.

I contacted this place because of all the great reviews and the fact they answer every review. Also they have a consultation thru text. So on letting her know I am transgender and may look like more of a old man right now than a woman, I got this back from her.

“Let’s do an in person consult no cost, I would love to set up a game plan with you there’s lots of services to help boost you to your goals and I’d love to help you get there and feel your best during the journey! If you’ve done hair removal before on the hormones you’ll be fine! You can go ahead and book that then we can add the consult with that appointment.”

So that’s encouraging. I will let you guys know how it goes. I have to get plenty of water drank before I go. Best to be hydrated before ripping out hair. Lol

Think I’ll look for a nail salon up there since I may be up there a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Sephirah

« Reply #367 on: May 24, 2022, 02:39:01 pm »
How did it go?
"It's hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead." ~ Nightwish: Last Ride Of The Day

Offline Nora Kay

« Reply #368 on: May 24, 2022, 08:35:44 pm »
Ouch!
No seriously it went well. But the hair on my face is not long enough yet. But based on the way the rest of my body has reacted to sugaring it should thin out quite a bit if not all the way gone.

So today we did a Brazilian instead. And some of my stomach. So still ouch. But not bad. Been there done that. Not much hair anywhere that’s left. Yay. She checked my back and hair is gone except for literally 4 hairs she said. Gone now. She looked at my chest and said not enough to worry about. Epilator doing a great job. Can you imagine if I did electrolosis before hormones. That’s an ouch to the pocket book. She was amazed at my arms. Peach fuzz nothing else. I mean cis women have more hair on their bodies than I do.

So kind of weird, I have been naked in front of others before. But really first time checking my body for hair to see what needed sugaring and what I can get myself. I felt like a woman for the first time in front of someone like that. I don’t know how to explain it. Especially when going over my chest. So ya that happened today.

So, oh my god!! They do a lot of things there. A lot of new technology things you can do instead of surgeries. Like upper and lower eyes. Micro needling. Skin tightening. She has someone that comes in and does fillers and Botox. Not much they don’t do there skin wise.

And transgender friendly. Yes!! I love her!! She is awesome. Totally worth the hour drive. I will not go anywhere else now. We talked about so many different things. It was like we were just having a visit. Barely noticed she was removing hair where she was. In the place only my wife gets to see. Lol. The last place, 10 minutes from me. That had awesome reviews, I was not comfortable going back. Just did not feel like a friendly place to me. Yes they were friendly. But I am a vibe person. And the vibe there was no bueno.

In case you can’t tell. I am happy with this place.

So I go back next Tuesday and Thursday. Tuesday for facial hair and Thursday for my spray tan.

Offline Courtney G

• Faceapp version of me in profile pic...
« Reply #369 on: May 25, 2022, 10:18:24 am »
Wowowow! So glad you found a tech at a clinic that you really connect with - that's huge. I've been looking for a place to try out a makeover and finding someone that is specifically trans-allied is much harder than I thought. All of this stuff is hard enough; you need someone who is on your side. I'm so glad you found her.

And I have to agree on the hairs. My chest hair grows really slowly since HRT and the waxing I've done seems to have an impact on the density my chest and thighs. Also, what they say about hair growth changing in the "bikini area" seems to be true.

Offline Nora Kay

« Reply #370 on: May 26, 2022, 04:06:45 pm »
Wowowow! So glad you found a tech at a clinic that you really connect with - that's huge. I've been looking for a place to try out a makeover and finding someone that is specifically trans-allied is much harder than I thought. All of this stuff is hard enough; you need someone who is on your side. I'm so glad you found her.

And I have to agree on the hairs. My chest hair grows really slowly since HRT and the waxing I've done seems to have an impact on the density my chest and thighs. Also, what they say about hair growth changing in the "bikini area" seems to be true.

Since going in there I think about how I was treated and I start to tear up with happy tears. I have been treated well at most places but the vibe and the way she treated me was the best so far. I mean I had a feeling before I even went in but this exceeded what I was expecting. Needless to say I am already scheduled to go back. I go next Thursday and Saturday. Getting facial hair removed then getting my tan. Once I know what my complexion is going to be I can order my foundation and concealer. Having patience sucks. And I ain't going to lie, not shaving my face until next Thursday is going to suck. lol So I have pretty much accepted myself and wont let who else does or does not affect me. I know how awesome I am. LOL

Offline Nora Kay

« Reply #371 on: June 01, 2022, 04:38:47 pm »
Ugh, finally getting hair on my face removed. Starting to bug the heck out of me. It’s all itchy and stuff. Wife’s home from vacation. I am a mess with out her. Slept  terribly  without her next to me. All I need is her. I think we are going to be fine. Just a hunch. But you can feel the love just being next to her. She missed me. Lol. Um… what else. Good thing I have her. She is it. And maybe my friend who dog sits for us. She is like my sister. Going to be working on her 2 Volkswagen bugs she just inherited and had delivered to her house. Should be fun.

Oh turns out you can’t say anything to people you think you can. But hey I’m used to that. Bunch of haters and backstabbers. Good thing in my life I am the most important person. I love myself and do not need anybody else for validation.

And hey if people want to chase others away because they don’t believe what they think they should then I get to watch it all crash and burn. Lol

I really wish people would not pretend to care. And then when you are not exactly the kind of transgender person they think all other transgender people should be they ghost you. But hey why not be just like the people you say your not like. Lol. Everybody’s poop stinks and now I know who’s is the worst. Lol

I love everybody. And will be there if you need me just PM me and find out. Even if you don’t believe a single thing I do. I can still repect you. Don’t have to agree on anything to respect each other. And love one another.

Offline davina61

• The ramblings of an old dear
« Reply #372 on: June 02, 2022, 02:51:45 am »
Classic VW beetles? My daughter still has her Drag 68 bug that one day will go back on the road.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever.
I get pushed out of shape and its hard to steer when I get rubber in all 4 gears (Beach Boys ,little deuce coupe)

Offline Allison R

• Family
« Reply #373 on: June 02, 2022, 08:41:28 am »
Your optimism is inspiring Nora. Give'm Helsinki.

Allison
I have always known I would have been happier and lived a better life if I were born a woman, I just didn't know that that is the literal definition of the word transgender.

If you're not moving forward, you're moving backwards.

Be tougher on yourself than anyone else is, love yourself more than anyone else does, and if there is something you don't want to do at all, best if you do it right now.

Offline Nora Kay

« Reply #374 on: June 08, 2022, 07:33:50 pm »
Classic VW beetles? My daughter still has her Drag 68 bug that one day will go back on the road.
Ugh, my love for the air cooled VW. I am priced out of that Hobby now. Maybe one day. Lol

Offline Nora Kay

« Reply #375 on: June 08, 2022, 08:01:41 pm »
Ok now that I got that out. Lol. I had my beard ripped off my face. And have to say. What the heck was I thinking. Lol. It freakin hurt. But it was temporary. It hurt about as bad as my first Brazilian. So next time it should hurt less. The night of I had to put a flannel pillow case on my pillow because my face was sweating profusely. Then after that my previously oily skin is dry as heck. Still super dry. I am at my wits end. Dryness won’t go away. Maybe just time. Any suggestions??Also gray stubble the next day. Can’t see it but can feel it. Not even sure it’s stubble. It could be the dry skin. Have to wait and see.

My wife had a small fit the day of. She was upset I would never have a goatee again. But the next day she was better and now back to normal.

Ok I don’t know if I am just doing something different or if they are really growing. But I went to put my c cup bra on and I could not get it on. And my boobs look bigger. Not quite sure though. My b cup bras still fit. My boobs do look hella good in a b cup though. But I am about to try on the one D cup my wife has. The weird thing. At least to me is she is the same band size as me but she looks so much smaller than me and is smaller than me. Band wise. She is a DD cup wise. So in that sense she is bigger. So I don’t know. But what ever. It just is. I just count my blessings. One less surgery for me. NA NA NA NA NA   Lol.

Offline Nora Kay

« Reply #376 on: June 08, 2022, 09:06:40 pm »
Bullies suck

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Have a gentle manner ❤️
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #377 on: June 08, 2022, 09:50:02 pm »
Bullies suck

@Nora Kay

Nora,

Yes, they do.  So do creepers.

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline Sephirah

« Reply #378 on: June 09, 2022, 03:00:37 pm »
Bullies suck

100% agreed.

Nora, what's going on? Email me if you want, sweetie. I noticed you haven't been around as much. I can tell by your avatar something ain't right. Talk to me.

*hugs*
"It's hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead." ~ Nightwish: Last Ride Of The Day

Offline Nora Kay

Doctors
« Reply #379 on: June 23, 2022, 01:07:13 pm »
So Meh. Lol
Chiropractor yesterday. It’s about time. I am such a lazy blank. Don’t know why I procrastinate until I am in excruciating pain before I decide to go. Good thing I only had to wait a week to get in.

Today it was the endo. I love her so much. And since she is 99% trans patients it is a very comfortable atmosphere. Trans coming out went your walking in and trans walking in when you leave. Got to love it.

I have been on full dose but not for my metabolism. She has upped the amount each time I’ve gone in. Supposed to get to 4 months and just barely making 2 months. Maybe I’ll get 3 this time. Good thing I don’t have to wait until my labs come in before I get reupped. We go by feel base on my history. And this time she is prescribing me pills or injections to keep me good. Once my levels start to drop. So I won’t go through feeling terrible again. It sucks.

Always feel better when I leave. She gives me an injection to get me back quicker to feeling better.   

Asked if I should still be growing in the chest area because I am about to buy a D Cup bra. She said yes. So there is that. With my build. A D Cup is probably going to look the best.

And I made sure today they accurately measured my height. Started this at 6-2 and now I am officially 5-10. Even the doctor said wow.

Tags: