Author Topic: Today's Thoughts by Nora Kay  (Read 14059 times)

Offline Sephirah

• ^ My idol
Re: Today's Thoughts by Nora Kay
« Reply #300 on: May 10, 2022, 01:56:18 pm »
Here is a pic of the hoodie my wife hates. Lol she has no style.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MY EYES!!

I mean it's... okay, lol. Kind of a weird mix of colours. Not something I would wear. But whatever floats your wardrobe. ;D The blue looks too washed out for my tastes. And I'm not a fan of red AT ALL, unless it's very dark red.

You do you. :P
"It's hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead." ~ Nightwish: Last Ride Of The Day

Offline Nora Kay

« Reply #301 on: May 10, 2022, 02:06:15 pm »
@Nora Kay
Dear Nora:
I am not certain that you have read these topics below but if not, you will want to read them:
                    MTF timeline for Hormone Replacement Therapy
   https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,251312.msg2337372.html#msg2337372

Breasts and HRT....
                     https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,253575.0.html

Danielle

I have read those before and Re read them twice now to absorb it. I know changes can take years. That why I wonder why people get some surgeries a year in. I know all that info. Nothing about me screams female. But my breasts. So it freaks me out. I was 80 pounds larger at the 2 year mark last time. 3 years after that I started losing weight. And of course I thought when I lost weight my breasts would get smaller. But as I lost weight they did not. All while I was losing weight my dysphoria got worse and I restarted HRT soon after most of my weight loss and about the 3 month mark my breast woke up and went up a full cup. I was a B Cup when I restarted and now I am a large C cup. And they are growing. It’s looking like a D cup is possible. And with my body size proportionate wide a D cup will probably be perfect. I will be able to steal my wife’s bras. Lol. But right now. Everything else about me is just starting. Except maybe some of my body hair. People who say electrolosis is the only permanent hair removal are wrong. If you use an epilator on your arms and with hormones you may get what I have. Super thin hair you can’t see. Instead of the thick male hair. I maybe have to shave my legs once a month. And my chest barley has any hair on it. Only stubborn hair has to be removed with electrolosis. But some people have only stubborn hair. And my back hair disappears after a few waxings as long as I am on hormones. A lot of body hair goes away when the hormones are at correct levels. Same with head hair. Only 5 months in I have not even gone thru all cycles so I might get more growth on top. Already have a lot of new growth. So I get it. I lived it for 2 years and now I get to do it again. Not any easier now. Still freaks me out.

Today's Thoughts by Nora Kay

You can roll the boulder up the hill only so many times before you realize that, no matter how hard you push and how hard you pray, that the boulder’s going to roll back down the hill again.

I am too old to worry about who likes me and who dislikes me. I have more important things to do. If you love me, 💕 I love you. 😘  If you support me, I support you. If you hate me, I don’t care. Life goes on with or without you. 😎

Give us courage to change what we can, serenity to accept what cannot be changed, and the wisdom to know the one from the other. 🙏

Offline Nora Kay

« Reply #302 on: May 10, 2022, 02:09:49 pm »
MY EYES!!

I mean it's... okay, lol. Kind of a weird mix of colours. Not something I would wear. But whatever floats your wardrobe. ;D The blue looks too washed out for my tastes. And I'm not a fan of red AT ALL, unless it's very dark red.

You do you. :P
You hate it too. Lol. Just say it. I can take it. I think it’s more orange. But with a pair of jeans it will look good. At least to me. You and my wife can laugh at my tastes all you want. Won’t change my mind about either of you. Keeping you around.
Much Love 💕
Nora Kay

You can roll the boulder up the hill only so many times before you realize that, no matter how hard you push and how hard you pray, that the boulder’s going to roll back down the hill again.

I am too old to worry about who likes me and who dislikes me. I have more important things to do. If you love me, 💕 I love you. 😘  If you support me, I support you. If you hate me, I don’t care. Life goes on with or without you. 😎

Give us courage to change what we can, serenity to accept what cannot be changed, and the wisdom to know the one from the other. 🙏

Offline Sephirah

• ^ My idol
« Reply #303 on: May 10, 2022, 02:20:43 pm »
You hate it too. Lol. Just say it. I can take it. I think it’s more orange. But with a pair of jeans it will look good. At least to me. You and my wife can laugh at my tastes all you want. Won’t change my mind about either of you. Keeping you around.
Much Love 💕
Nora Kay

LOL! Nora, wear whatever makes you feel good. I don't hate it. It just isn't something I would wear. I wouldn't grab a carving knife from the block if you did though.

Having different tastes is what makes us all interesting. Even if you do look like a set of bagpipes wearing an apron. :P <3 You do you, sweetie. And don't ever let anyone make you feel bad for it, okay? I am your stereotypical goth girl so you can guess my wardrobe just from saying that, lol. To each their own. :)

*big hugs*
"It's hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead." ~ Nightwish: Last Ride Of The Day

Offline Nora Kay

« Reply #304 on: May 10, 2022, 02:30:16 pm »
LOL! Nora, wear whatever makes you feel good. I don't hate it. It just isn't something I would wear. I wouldn't grab a carving knife from the block if you did though.

Having different tastes is what makes us all interesting. Even if you do look like a set of bagpipes wearing an apron. :P <3 You do you, sweetie. And don't ever let anyone make you feel bad for it, okay? I am your stereotypical goth girl so you can guess my wardrobe just from saying that, lol. To each their own. :)

*big hugs*

Goth? I freaking love that. See that’s the thing. If asked I am either none of the above or all of the above. I love almost all different styles. Why limit oneself. If it looks good on you it looks good. One day I will look good enough to myself to let you see all the styles. I hate being the same as someone else. And I can tell you right now nobody is like me. Some may get me. But nobody is like me.

Offline Nora Kay

« Reply #305 on: May 10, 2022, 02:35:55 pm »
This is what I think of when I hear goth. I love this outfit and was a dealer for Demonia shoes at one time. Will probably be getting an account again.

Offline Sephirah

• ^ My idol
« Reply #306 on: May 10, 2022, 02:44:16 pm »
Why limit oneself. If it looks good on you it looks good.

And why not? We have very few things we can control in this world. How we express ourselves is one of the few things we DO get to control. You do you!

This is what I think of when I hear goth. I love this outfit and was a dealer for Demonia shoes at one time. Will probably be getting an account again.

Lol if I could get away with wearing that I would. ;D I've had purple in my hair before... not sure about the pink. But I'm not against it!

Offline Nora Kay

« Reply #307 on: May 10, 2022, 03:03:02 pm »
And why not? We have very few things we can control in this world. How we express ourselves is one of the few things we DO get to control. You do you!

Lol if I could get away with wearing that I would. ;D I've had purple in my hair before... not sure about the pink. But I'm not against it!
Your younger than me. At our age, only thing I would change is the length of that skirt. But I don’t like maxi skirts as much as a mid length. For some reason easier to find more maxi and mini’s than mid length. Women my age have pink and purple in their hair all the time. Maybe not the whole head though.

Once I can present female successfully I will mostly be wearing skirts if I can. I hate pants and am ok with shorts. But skirts. Been waiting all my life to wear them so I will.

Offline Sephirah

• ^ My idol
« Reply #308 on: May 10, 2022, 03:09:00 pm »
Your younger than me. At our age, only thing I would change is the length of that skirt. But I don’t like maxi skirts as much as a mid length. For some reason easier to find more maxi and mini’s than mid length. Women my age have pink and purple in their hair all the time. Maybe not the whole head though.

Once I can present female successfully I will mostly be wearing skirts if I can. I hate pants and am ok with shorts. But skirts. Been waiting all my life to wear them so I will.

Hon, I look like Frankenstein's Monster. Age has very little to do with it. :) I'm in a wheelchair so skirts kind of... give pervs a free view lol. I'm kind of a write off from the waist down so it's kinda hard for me to do fashion. I may go for the pink hair though, lol. It appeals to me.

Offline Nora Kay

« Reply #309 on: May 10, 2022, 03:21:34 pm »
Hon, I look like Frankenstein's Monster. Age has very little to do with it. :) I'm in a wheelchair so skirts kind of... give pervs a free view lol. I'm kind of a write off from the waist down so it's kinda hard for me to do fashion. I may go for the pink hair though, lol. It appeals to me.
Not buying that. Someone’s beauty is in their smile. Even Frankenstein’s monster looked good when he smiled. And fashion don’t care.

Much Love 💖 💕
Nora Kay

Offline Sephirah

• ^ My idol
« Reply #310 on: May 10, 2022, 03:23:46 pm »
Not buying that. Someone’s beauty is in their smile. Even Frankenstein’s monster looked good when he smiled. And fashion don’t care.

Much Love 💖 💕
Nora Kay

Can I adopt you?

Offline Allison R

• Family
« Reply #311 on: May 10, 2022, 03:31:57 pm »
Nora and Sephira, this conversation hits close to home for me. When I was a teen and in school, one of the things I would get jealous of the girls over is the ability to be a social chameleon. Girls could wear cowboy boots and hats one day, and then the next look like the girl Sephirah posted. It really drove me as a kid.

I really don't get how it all escaped me as a kid. It's like 2+2 has equaled 5 my whole life and I never questioned it, and now I am like "Duh, what's wrong with you, it's always been 4 you dunderhead".

Allison
I have always known I would have been happier and lived a better life if I were born a woman, I just didn't know that that is the literal definition of the word transgender.

If you're not moving forward, you're moving backwards.

Be tougher on yourself than anyone else is, love yourself more than anyone else does, and if there is something you don't want to do at all, best if you do it right now.

Offline Nora Kay

« Reply #312 on: May 10, 2022, 03:37:51 pm »
Can I adopt you?
aww shucks. As long as you keep smiling.

Offline Sephirah

• ^ My idol
« Reply #313 on: May 10, 2022, 03:59:22 pm »
aww shucks. As long as you keep smiling.

You make me smile. Not gonna lie. <3

Nora and Sephira, this conversation hits close to home for me. When I was a teen and in school, one of the things I would get jealous of the girls over is the ability to be a social chameleon. Girls could wear cowboy boots and hats one day, and then the next look like the girl Sephirah posted. It really drove me as a kid.

I really don't get how it all escaped me as a kid. It's like 2+2 has equaled 5 my whole life and I never questioned it, and now I am like "Duh, what's wrong with you, it's always been 4 you dunderhead".

Allison

I get you Allison. There's a certain amount more freedom. Socially speaking. As guys we're raised to be a certain way. And one of those ways is that anything to do with femininity is abhorrent. I never understood the double standard, honestly. I still don't. It just doesn't make sense to me.

But I kinda think that makes it hard for trans guys too, because while guys around trans girls think "Why would anyone want to be a woman?"... for trans guys, I would bet a lot of people around them think "Oh she's just being a tomboy, it'll pass."

It's the same level of misunderstanding and I hope with all my heart that it goes away eventually, and everyone can be free to explore who they are.

Offline Nora Kay

« Reply #314 on: May 10, 2022, 04:25:14 pm »
You make me smile. Not gonna lie. <3

I get you Allison. There's a certain amount more freedom. Socially speaking. As guys we're raised to be a certain way. And one of those ways is that anything to do with femininity is abhorrent. I never understood the double standard, honestly. I still don't. It just doesn't make sense to me.

But I kinda think that makes it hard for trans guys too, because while guys around trans girls think "Why would anyone want to be a woman?"... for trans guys, I would bet a lot of people around them think "Oh she's just being a tomboy, it'll pass."

It's the same level of misunderstanding and I hope with all my heart that it goes away eventually, and everyone can be free to explore who they are.
Ha one down the rest of the world to go.

Can you imagine the world where it was right to be yourself and not what the world thinks you should be. I would have been wearing skirts and playing with barbies at such a young age. Lol. And if there was an equivalent for guys to being a Tom boy. Like a Bobbie Girl. Lol. Best I can come up with off the top of my head. Dang that would have been cool. Ya? I am sure you would be surprised how many men would wear skirts if it was socially acceptable.

And yet when I just now went to the liquor store to get caffeine and what did I do. Put on a flannel to cover my boobs. That anxiety still there. But I did not put on shoes to cover my painted toes or remove my ankle bracelet. Or wear gloves to cover my French manicure.

I now know what needs to be done. Hair off of face. It makes the anxiety worse. When I have hair on the face and feminine in other places. 🥲

Offline Sephirah

• ^ My idol
« Reply #315 on: May 10, 2022, 04:59:04 pm »
Can you imagine the world where it was right to be yourself and not what the world thinks you should be. I would have been wearing skirts and playing with barbies at such a young age. Lol. And if there was an equivalent for guys to being a Tom boy. Like a Bobbie Girl. Lol. Best I can come up with off the top of my head. Dang that would have been cool. Ya? I am sure you would be surprised how many men would wear skirts if it was socially acceptable.

Reminds me of a song. This is a cover. I have a feeling you've probably heard the original. It's a Pink Floyd song.

(just in case you think one amazing vocalist isn't enough...)

Offline Nora Kay

« Reply #316 on: May 10, 2022, 05:40:40 pm »
Reminds me of a song. This is a cover. I have a feeling you've probably heard the original. It's a Pink Floyd song.

(just in case you think one amazing vocalist isn't enough...)

Yup that was good. Not very often I listen to the whole song when directed to YouTube. That one I did.

Why am I so tired?

Offline Nora Kay

« Reply #317 on: May 10, 2022, 05:41:48 pm »
Ugh! I have done nothing today. I hate it when I take a lazy day. But my allergies this morning were bad. Hands were aching and back sore. So what have I done today. Made my wife lunch. Because I cook it better than her. So she says. Printed a shipping label. And I will have to put the trash out so the city can pick it up. Oh I did go to the store. Hmmm           

Caffeine not working.

Offline Nora Kay

« Reply #318 on: May 10, 2022, 05:55:14 pm »
So when I contacted my insurance. I asked for a Nurse /case manager that specializes in transgender services etc….
So today I get this from my Nurse. And I am confused because I thought she was it, but told her that would be awesome.

Offline davina61

• The ramblings of an old dear
« Reply #319 on: May 11, 2022, 02:26:13 am »
Tired ,backache , sore hands , you building a Hot Rod as well!!
Yes wear what you like, I do as I like mid length loose skirts and at the moment loose tops to hide my fat belly ------
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever.
I get pushed out of shape and its hard to steer when I get rubber in all 4 gears (Beach Boys ,little deuce coupe)

Tags: