Author Topic: Today's Thoughts by Nora Kay  (Read 14145 times)

Offline Maid Marion

Re: Today's Thoughts by Nora Kay
« Reply #380 on: June 23, 2022, 04:51:48 pm »
Hi Nora Kay

Three inches is a lot of height to lose!  Wow!

Marion

Offline TXSara

• Family
Re: Doctors
« Reply #381 on: June 24, 2022, 03:20:43 pm »
I have been on full dose but not for my metabolism. She has upped the amount each time I’ve gone in. Supposed to get to 4 months and just barely making 2 months. Maybe I’ll get 3 this time. Good thing I don’t have to wait until my labs come in before I get reupped. We go by feel base on my history. And this time she is prescribing me pills or injections to keep me good. Once my levels start to drop. So I won’t go through feeling terrible again. It sucks.

Always feel better when I leave. She gives me an injection to get me back quicker to feeling better.   

And I made sure today they accurately measured my height. Started this at 6-2 and now I am officially 5-10. Even the doctor said wow.

OK, I’m confused.  The doctor doesn’t modulate your dosing based on blood levels?  I’m surprised.  I guess as long as she is paying close attention to all of your other panels, it would be OK.  No way that would fly with my doctor.

Is it common for us to get shorter after starting HRT?  I haven’t checked in a while, but I’m pretty sure I’m still 5’7”.

~Sara

Offline Nora Kay

Re: Doctors
« Reply #382 on: June 27, 2022, 04:14:12 pm »
OK, I’m confused.  The doctor doesn’t modulate your dosing based on blood levels?  I’m surprised.  I guess as long as she is paying close attention to all of your other panels, it would be OK.  No way that would fly with my doctor.

Is it common for us to get shorter after starting HRT?  I haven’t checked in a while, but I’m pretty sure I’m still 5’7”.

~Sara

Remember I’ve done this with her before. And instead of jumping to my previous levels. We are getting back there gradually. So if my levels are not in when I go into the office. She bases it off how I feel and when I start feeling bad. Then she double checks when the levels come in. She is pretty much Transgender only. So the fact we are still getting my levels back to where they were and her expertise I trust her more than any regular endo. No offense to regular endos. But E and P work a little different in us than cis women.

And the height thing in my opinion would be more age and injuries than hrt. But I’ll take it. And I am sure HRT helps. I have read some younger ones losing a couple inches. Now if I could get the feet to shrink. Lol.

And last thing goes out to people worrying about boobs showing. I quit caring as much. I spent the day with my dog sitter yesterday working on her car. And now I also meet the mail man daily to mail my packages and either they don’t notice or don’t say anything. I see them. But don’t think others do or really care. Lol

Today's Thoughts by Nora Kay

You can roll the boulder up the hill only so many times before you realize that, no matter how hard you push and how hard you pray, that the boulder’s going to roll back down the hill again.

I am too old to worry about who likes me and who dislikes me. I have more important things to do. If you love me, 💕 I love you. 😘  If you support me, I support you. If you hate me, I don’t care. Life goes on with or without you. 😎

Give us courage to change what we can, serenity to accept what cannot be changed, and the wisdom to know the one from the other. 🙏

Offline Nora Kay

« Reply #383 on: July 14, 2022, 01:38:39 am »
Ah, been away for a while. Starting to feel better as my hormones are getting to their proper level.  It’s weird I don’t feel any different. But definitely different. I definitely do not fit in, in this community. But that’s fine. I’ll be judged for believing what I actually believe, not what others think I should believe because I am trans. Don’t want to hurt anybody’s feelings so I won’t go into it. I did take a few things going on in real life out on here and for that I am sorry. But that’s life and if friendships can’t last thru someone finding themselves then I guess that’s what’s supposed to be. I know who I am. I am who I feel I am at the moment. Maybe I am Nora right now and in 10 minutes I will be Norm. I have been limiting myself to being someone who fits in some mold the majority has made for me. I don’t fit in it and I will never fit in it. I won’t be having bottom surgery. And definitely won’t be needing top surgery. I’m a large C-Cup and growing according to my doctor. NA NA NA NA. Lol. It’s amazing what Biodentical Pellets can do. 😜 There are a few surgeries I will have but they will be minor. Or at least I consider them minor. Just a few rearrangements. Today I just gave up to of my last 2 vices. I gave up meat and energy drinks. Don’t drink don’t smoke, what do you do? Nothing. Lol. I also think part of my attitude in the past has been the amount of pain I was in. Now that I don’t have as much I am way more clear. It’s funny, about 2 weeks ago, I was the closest I had ever been to killing myself than I had ever been before. I held and air gun to my head to see what it felt like. The good thing is I realized I did not want to do it. But I also realized I could have. But I also realized why I was feeling the way I was. Nothing is that bad. Nothing is worth doing that. I won that fight. The things that cause my pain no longer has a hold on me. Nothing has that power anymore. Words, looks, what someone “might” think, even the physical pain does not control me anymore. When it affects you it gives the power.

Much love as always
Nora ✌️

You can roll the boulder up the hill only so many times before you realize that, no matter how hard you push and how hard you pray, that the boulder’s going to roll back down the hill again.

I am too old to worry about who likes me and who dislikes me. I have more important things to do. If you love me, 💕 I love you. 😘  If you support me, I support you. If you hate me, I don’t care. Life goes on with or without you. 😎

Give us courage to change what we can, serenity to accept what cannot be changed, and the wisdom to know the one from the other. 🙏

Offline davina61

• The ramblings of an old dear
« Reply #384 on: July 14, 2022, 03:07:01 am »
Nobody "fits in" ,we are all different . I know that my life is not the normal , I am just me so take me or leave me . Just live your happy life what ever that is and be comfortable .
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever.
I get pushed out of shape and its hard to steer when I get rubber in all 4 gears (Beach Boys ,little deuce coupe)

Offline Rachel Montgomery

• Family
« Reply #385 on: July 14, 2022, 01:41:18 pm »
I feel it too.  I am so weird!  But, I am getting to know myself, slowly but surely. 

There was a time when I was extremely depressed.  I don’t think I will ever go back there.  I hope I won’t.  And, I am confident that I won’t, barring a painful terminal condition with not cure.  But, regardless guns are NOT the way to go.  Sudden, but messy.  And, then the guns get in trouble over it.

Offline Courtney G

• Faceapp version of me in profile pic...
« Reply #386 on: July 14, 2022, 07:48:55 pm »
It sounds like you've really been working through some stuff, Nora. It's ugly sometimes and it's painful, but I think sometimes it has to happen that way. It's the only way we can get to where we need to, as the shortcuts never work.

I haven't been on here that much, but I do check in. Please stay in touch!

Love,
Courtney

Offline Nora Kay

« Reply #387 on: August 03, 2022, 03:53:47 pm »
Wow, way on the second page. Lol. No real updates. Slowly and surely I guess. It is super thin but I actually have a defined hairline again. Been lazy on that front. I should have ordered some rosemary oil that my aesthetician recommended. And then follow up with the hair doctor. A newer epilator means less pain. Hair is not coming back in most places. Gained a little weight back. But losing again. There is no doubt any more. Nobody cares that I have breasts. I don’t even watch what I wear anymore. They show no matter how much I try to hide them. Even in a tight sports bra. Just tired of hiding them. So I don’t care much anymore. Every once and a while I might try to hide them. It’s one thing to wear my skirts in the back yard when all my rear neighbors are 2 story and can see down. But now I go on the front walkway to get my mail. Who’s gonna say what? And why would I care.  Lol

Offline davina61

• The ramblings of an old dear
« Reply #388 on: August 04, 2022, 03:38:51 am »
Most folk don't care or notice , next thing is going to the store!!
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever.
I get pushed out of shape and its hard to steer when I get rubber in all 4 gears (Beach Boys ,little deuce coupe)

Offline Nora Kay

« Reply #389 on: August 04, 2022, 10:58:23 am »
Most folk don't care or notice , next thing is going to the store!!

Going to the store wearing what? Lol. Breast wise I am so used to it I barely notice what top I am wearing. But in a skirt that may take a while. But I love love love skirts/skorts. So much, I would almost always wear them if I could. But I do like a good pair of bell bottom jeans. When summer is over I will start wearing those.

I don’t know what I am doing transition wise. I am lazy. If I put half of what someone like maybe TXSara does I would be so much farther. I admire her a lot. Just calling her out for this example. If I listed everybody I admired and the reasons why we would be here all day.

I don’t try like others do. The breasts grew. The hair seems to stay off when I epilate. I don’t need to tuck. It just falls in place. I guess that just me. Part of it is I am tired when I get to myself. My wife works. And she works hard. Pays everything. But that’s it. I do everything else. She thinks it’s fair. I agree to a point. But it’s the small things. Like leaving trash on the counter when the can is in the cupboard right below the counter. But she is good to me. Wants me happy. So I can’t really complain. I usually get what I want. To a point. Lol

Offline TXSara

• Family
« Reply #390 on: August 04, 2022, 03:43:26 pm »
I don’t know what I am doing transition wise. I am lazy. If I put half of what someone like maybe TXSara does I would be so much farther. I admire her a lot. Just calling her out for this example. If I listed everybody I admired and the reasons why we would be here all day.

Awwww, Thanks Nora!!  I really appreciate the shout-out.  You're right that am a total "try hard" girl.  It drives my wife crazy LOL.  Hopefully it'll all work out -- I like to tell my girls to shoot for the stars, and then when you just get to the moon, it's still pretty dang good.

~Sara

Offline Nora Kay

« Reply #391 on: August 05, 2022, 11:34:14 am »

My wife brought this home for me. And the signatures are 100% Authentic. It’s not like I am a hard core fan. But always watch it when my wife has it on. But anyway, I love it. Even though I am more of a punk or goth type. I still love girly girl things too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #392 on: August 05, 2022, 12:54:05 pm »
@Nora Kay
Dear Nora Kay:
Wow, very nice that your wife got that picture for you.... 
...enjoy the acceptance from her whenever it comes your way.

Thank you for sharing and posting.
HUGS,
Danielle

My wife brought this home for me. And the signatures are 100% Authentic. It’s not like I am a hard core fan. But always watch it when my wife has it on. But anyway, I love it. Even though I am more of a punk or goth type. I still love girly girl things too!

***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 42

Offline Sephirah

« Reply #393 on: August 05, 2022, 03:32:55 pm »
I want to say that's the cast of Sex and the City?

I don't watch much TV but I kind of vaguely know who those people are. Particularly Sarah. And Kim to a lesser extent. I never watched that show, but that's kind of cool. :)

Offline Nora Kay

« Reply #394 on: August 05, 2022, 09:53:36 pm »
I want to say that's the cast of Sex and the City?

I don't watch much TV but I kind of vaguely know who those people are. Particularly Sarah. And Kim to a lesser extent. I never watched that show, but that's kind of cool. :)

Yuppers. You are right. I’ve only watched it because if my wife. And I watch way to much TV. But I am working on it.

Offline Nora Kay

« Reply #395 on: August 05, 2022, 10:05:40 pm »
I have a problem. Lol. I keep buying Doc Martens. And other shoes. And I can get away with it because if my wife says anything I just show her her in game purchases for the bingo game she plays. Which is way more than my shoes. Lol. Here are my newest. Docs. I have a pair of sandals. Low top all white pair and a pair of Sex Pistols boots I got for over half price.

« Reply #396 on: August 05, 2022, 10:17:38 pm »
@Nora Kay
Dear Nora:
Nice picture .....  enjoy your purchases.... 

Thank you for sharing and keep posting your updates.

Hugs,
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW

Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017

Offline TXSara

• Family
« Reply #397 on: August 05, 2022, 11:38:43 pm »
Dang Nora, those are some pretty sweet looking Docs!  I’m resting my feet right now because I’m a doofus who wears heels to go dancing.  This is the band’s third set, and I’m not sure I’m gonna make it.  Those Docs look really good right now LOL.  OK, enough rest.  😉

~Sara

Offline Nora Kay

« Reply #398 on: August 11, 2022, 10:27:04 am »
Just an observation. Wearing a tank top over the bra under the oversized tshirt makes them less noticeable. No tank top with the same tshirt gets noticed. Nobody says anything but you just know when someone is looking at your chest. Lol. I think in November we may be going on a family cruise. All my in laws and a few friends may be going. That should be interesting. Strangers are one thing. But family will be stressful. Out to nobody but my wife. 😜

« Reply #399 on: August 11, 2022, 11:57:08 am »
Just an observation. Wearing a tank top over the bra under the oversized tshirt makes them less noticeable. No tank top with the same tshirt gets noticed. Nobody says anything but you just know when someone is looking at your chest. Lol. I think in November we may be going on a family cruise. All my in laws and a few friends may be going. That should be interesting. Strangers are one thing. But family will be stressful. Out to nobody but my wife. 😜
@Nora Kay
Dear Nora:
Yes indeed, a "size too small" tank top and oversized T-shirt should work well ... it helps to not only hide your growing "girls" but does a good job of "dimming" the High Beams.

Wishing your well as you have more encounters with those family members and friends that you have not yet come out to.
HUGS,
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW

Tags: