Author Topic: Bra sizing question  (Read 551 times)

Offline Brooke Renee

Bra sizing question
« on: December 02, 2021, 07:42:02 am »
Hello ladies,

I am shopping for a cute bra to match some panties I recently got from Secrets in Lace, I am a 44C.  I found a bra but the largest is a 42D.  Seems like I heard that you can cheat the band size by going up a cup size.  I guess I can get a 42C and an extender also.  What have you tried? 

Thank you,
Brooke

Offline Iztaccihuatl

• Friend
Re: Bra sizing question
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2021, 08:41:59 am »
Hi Brooke,

The rule of thumb is when you go down in band size you need to go up in cup size and ice versa. In your example, if you are a 44C and want to try a 42 band size, then you would need to go with a D cup, since 44C and 42D have the same absolute volume per cup. In the industry they call that 'sister sizing', i.e. 46B and 42B are both sister sizes of 44C.

Hope this makes sense.

Offline Brooke Renee

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2021, 08:59:03 am »
Hi Brooke,

The rule of thumb is when you go down in band size you need to go up in cup size and ice versa. In your example, if you are a 44C and want to try a 42 band size, then you would need to go with a D cup, since 44C and 42D have the same absolute volume per cup. In the industry they call that 'sister sizing', i.e. 46B and 42B are both sister sizes of 44C.

Hope this makes sense.

Thank you!  That is what I thought but I wanted a little more confidence before I placed an order.

Offline Rakel

• Formerly known as Dani
  • Rakel@susans.org
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2021, 07:53:22 pm »
Hi Brooke,

Hope this makes sense.

I think you meant 46B and 42D are sister sizes of 44C.

Retired Pharmacist with over 40 years experience in Hospital and Retail Pharmacies.
I still keep my professional licence active and in good standing.

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Have a gentle manner ❤️
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2021, 09:47:57 pm »
Hello ladies,

I am shopping for a cute bra to match some panties I recently got from Secrets in Lace, I am a 44C.  I found a bra but the largest is a 42D.  Seems like I heard that you can cheat the band size by going up a cup size.  I guess I can get a 42C and an extender also.  What have you tried? 

Thank you,
Brooke

I like your flowers pictured Brooke!

If you are naturally a 44C, you may need a 42D.  When you go DOWN a band size, you INCREASE the cup size.

Extenders can work.  Get matching colors for them and they need to have the correct number of hooks to match your bra when you try to wear a sister size having a smaller band size.  Bras need to be tried on for good fit and comfort.  No matter how pretty a bra is, ultimately you need comfort to be able to wear it all day. 

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline Brooke Renee

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2021, 12:25:06 am »
I like your flowers pictured Brooke!

If you are naturally a 44C, you may need a 42D.  When you go DOWN a band size, you INCREASE the cup size.

Extenders can work.  Get matching colors for them and they need to have the correct number of hooks to match your bra when you try to wear a sister size having a smaller band size.  Bras need to be tried on for good fit and comfort.  No matter how pretty a bra is, ultimately you need comfort to be able to wear it all day. 

Chrissy

Hi Chrissy,

Thanks for the tips!  The flowers are lupine from a high altitude meadow in the Cascade Mountains.  I spend much of my summers in the high country, searching out remote meadows to meditate and capturing some amazing photos.

Brooke

Offline Iztaccihuatl

• Friend
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2021, 12:54:27 am »
I think you meant 46B and 42D are sister sizes of 44C.

That is correct, my mistake.

Tags: