General Discussions > Fashion

Bra sizing question

(1/2) > >>

Brooke Renee:
Hello ladies,

I am shopping for a cute bra to match some panties I recently got from Secrets in Lace, I am a 44C.  I found a bra but the largest is a 42D.  Seems like I heard that you can cheat the band size by going up a cup size.  I guess I can get a 42C and an extender also.  What have you tried? 

Thank you,
Brooke

Iztaccihuatl:
Hi Brooke,

The rule of thumb is when you go down in band size you need to go up in cup size and ice versa. In your example, if you are a 44C and want to try a 42 band size, then you would need to go with a D cup, since 44C and 42D have the same absolute volume per cup. In the industry they call that 'sister sizing', i.e. 46B and 42B are both sister sizes of 44C.

Hope this makes sense.

Brooke Renee:

--- Quote from: Iztaccihuatl on December 02, 2021, 08:41:59 am ---Hi Brooke,

The rule of thumb is when you go down in band size you need to go up in cup size and ice versa. In your example, if you are a 44C and want to try a 42 band size, then you would need to go with a D cup, since 44C and 42D have the same absolute volume per cup. In the industry they call that 'sister sizing', i.e. 46B and 42B are both sister sizes of 44C.

Hope this makes sense.

--- End quote ---

Thank you!  That is what I thought but I wanted a little more confidence before I placed an order.

Rakel:

--- Quote from: Iztaccihuatl on December 02, 2021, 08:41:59 am ---Hi Brooke,

Hope this makes sense.

--- End quote ---

I think you meant 46B and 42D are sister sizes of 44C.

ChrissyRyan:

--- Quote from: Brooke Renee on December 02, 2021, 07:42:02 am ---Hello ladies,

I am shopping for a cute bra to match some panties I recently got from Secrets in Lace, I am a 44C.  I found a bra but the largest is a 42D.  Seems like I heard that you can cheat the band size by going up a cup size.  I guess I can get a 42C and an extender also.  What have you tried? 

Thank you,
Brooke

--- End quote ---

I like your flowers pictured Brooke!

If you are naturally a 44C, you may need a 42D.  When you go DOWN a band size, you INCREASE the cup size.

Extenders can work.  Get matching colors for them and they need to have the correct number of hooks to match your bra when you try to wear a sister size having a smaller band size.  Bras need to be tried on for good fit and comfort.  No matter how pretty a bra is, ultimately you need comfort to be able to wear it all day. 

Chrissy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version