General Discussions > Addiction

Close to 8 months, no alcohol!

(1/2) > >>

Brooke Renee:
I have had a long relationship with alcohol, too long.  I have quit many times only to go back to my ways.  My story is probably pretty common, lots of frequent drinking but not a lot of binging.  I rarely drank more than 3 or 4 drinks a day but I did that everyday.  The weight gain and impacts on my health were undeniable.  Cutting back was not an option, I simply lack the willpower to stop after one drink.  For me abstinence is way easier than perfect moderation. 

Honestly, I think drinking was a way I coped with my gender dysphoria.  Now that I have accepted myself and I am getting help I think I will be successful in kicking the habit.

So there it is, on April 7 I took my last drink.  Going has been actually pretty easy with very few cravings.  Losing about 20 pounds has also been a positive!  I got a great ticker for my iPhone that tracks days, drinks not drank, and calories/money saved. 

Devlyn:
Nice work, Brooke! Keep it up.  :)

Hugs, Devlyn

Northern Star Girl:
@Brooke Renee
Dear Brooke:
I love to read good reports such as you just posted.

You are spot on with your assessment of what you needed to do:
"The weight gain and impacts on my health were undeniable.  Cutting back was not an option, I simply lack the willpower to stop after one drink.  For me abstinence is way easier than perfect moderation." 

The results are so satisfying for you.... 
...no more alcohol, accepting yourself and a weight loss of 20 pounds. 
Also the benefits of "calories/money saved"

Thank you for sharing and posting... I will be eagerly looking for your future postings regarding your journey successes.
HUGS and best wishes,
Danielle

TXSara:
Brooke --

That's fantastic!  I'm really glad that you're doing so well.  The weight loss is just an added benefit!

~Sara

Brooke Renee:
Thank you everyone for the encouragement and kind words.  Having this community had really meant a lot to me. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version