General Discussions > Health

Heart surgery

(1/2) > >>

Anastasia:
Well, I've talked about it before but never did anything and now the bill has come due. I have been needing to lose weight, exercise more and quit smoking but never did much about it. So now I have to have a bypass done to my left anterior descending coronary artery due to it being 100% blocked and with a calcium cap. Monday I complete the preliminary testing to see if I will survive surgery so that should be exciting and then Wednesday I'll see the surgeon and maybe set a date. We'll set a date for after Jan 1,  but I really don't want to. Don't worry, I'll set a date, I just don't want too. This sounds scary and not fun. I'll have the same surgeon who did my mom's quadruple bypass last year and she's doing fine. Overall, I feel fine. I'm not having any major issues so I'm hoping that means this should go smoothly as it can. I hope.

My family thinks I'm surprisingly at ease, but I am scared. I just won't admit it. Guess that manly man attitude of keeping it bottled up is still a problem. But, then again, maybe I'm not panicked because it will be done, I'm not stressing over it (avoiding making it worse), and surgery is much better than the alternative.

I just needed a minute to admit I'm scared. Now I can get on with everything. Thanks for listening.

Maid Marion:
Hi Anastasia,

Good luck with the surgery!

Marion

Northern Star Girl:
@Anastasia
Dear Anastasia:
Please know that I will be praying and trusting that you will have a successful surgical procedure.
I will be looking for your updates as your surgery consultation date and surgery date approaches.
HUGS and more HUGS   .... stay healthy and stay safe.,
Danielle

Anastasia:
I had my consultation today and January 7th is the day. I really don't want to do this, but I know I have too. THIS is when adulting is hard to do, lol. According to my tests, I am a good candidate to survive surgery with only a 2% chance of dying. Never had a 2% chance of failure loom so large. But it is better than my chances with a heart attack, so there is that. The surgeon told me to plan on 12 weeks before returning to work due to my workload, so I guess I will have plenty of time to build my ultimate minecraft build, or maybe I will tame all the dinos of Ark. I am as relaxed about it as I can be, I'm not going to stress out about it. They offered January 3rd, but that was too soon. That schedule will be written next week and, well, that was just too fast for me to deal with. Time to get the house ready since I will be house bound for a few weeks. The next couple of weeks just became very busy. The only "good" news is that the surgeon rated my lung tests as good for my age, good thing I didn't smoke. He was surprised when I told him I did. I won't after surgery.

Northern Star Girl:
@Anastasia
Dear Anastasia:
I am so very glad that you surgery consultation went well for you ... and now you have your surgery scheduled in the new year on January 7th.

ahhhh.... yes indeed, kick the smoking habit now, don't wait till after your surgery.

Please keep your thread updated as you feel comfortable doing.

HUGS and best wishes to you.
Danielle

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version