General Discussions > Health

Finasteride and libido

(1/2) > >>

barbie:
I have never been on HRT, but I have taken Finasteride for more than 10 years to preempt hair loss. I sometimes suspected whether it is indeed effective in preventing hair loss. About two months ago, I stopped taking Finasteride. Then my libido became too strong to control. It was like I become in my 20s. At age 57, I do not need any degree of sex drive for reproduction. It is just a physiological response without any emotional context.

A few days ago, I resumed taking Finasteride to curb the too strong libido considering my biological age. Admittedly, I need a slight degree of libido in maintaining an energetic daily life, but without Finasteride, it is too much. I am not sure whether the sudden boost of sex drive was just a temporal response and could have been eventually diminished.

Has anybody experienced the same depression of libido by taking Finasteride or similar pills?

barbie~~

Courtney G:
Funny coincidence. I doubled my finasteride dosage last night in anticipation of starting HRT in 3 weeks and I had a terrible night. I was hot (in a 65 degree room), had wacky dreams, and action “down there” all night long. I’d been taking finasteride for about 2 years, same dose for 6 months.

barbie:

--- Quote from: Courtney G on December 11, 2021, 09:22:01 am ---Funny coincidence. I doubled my finasteride dosage last night in anticipation of starting HRT in 3 weeks and I had a terrible night. I was hot (in a 65 degree room), had wacky dreams, and action “down there” all night long. I’d been taking finasteride for about 2 years, same dose for 6 months.

--- End quote ---

Taking finasteride actually boosts your libido? It sounds strange.

Now I feel my libido is again under control.

barbie~~

Courtney G:

--- Quote from: barbie on December 12, 2021, 10:33:48 am ---Taking finasteride actually boosts your libido? It sounds strange.

Now I feel my libido is again under control.

--- End quote ---

I don't know and I don't get it.  ??? Maybe others will chime in.

Rakel:
It is well known that Finasteride causes some people to have impotence and loss of interest in sexual feelings.

Since we are all individuals, we will all react differently, in our own unique way. Most people who are taking Finasteride will see a decrease in sexual performance, but not everyone will be affected.

I think that Courtney's reaction is most probably due to the anticipation of her new HRT regimen. The psychological aspects can overwhelm the physical effects of the Finasteride.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version