Community Conversation > Non-binary talk

struggling with expression and understanding my thoughts

<< < (3/3)

Mary_M:
Welcome to Susan's Place  :D

Dealing with dysphoria is an "experimental science" and is more about finding out what gives gender euphoria than meeting other people's expectations (such as "passing" in public).

I wear a dress for a little while in the evening, doing the washing up etc., and it makes a huge difference. One evening I "couldn't be bothered to get changed", and then felt miserable the rest of the day. The rest of the time I wear pink hoodies, feminine underwear, a blouse and faux leather leggings: so on the outside I look like a man who likes to wear colourful clothes, but I know that these are all women's clothes.

Find what works for you and don't be afraid to experiment: I never thought that "tucking" was for me until I tried it!

felixalex:

--- Quote from: Mary_M on January 02, 2022, 09:07:54 am ---Welcome to Susan's Place  :D

Dealing with dysphoria is an "experimental science" and is more about finding out what gives gender euphoria than meeting other people's expectations (such as "passing" in public).

I wear a dress for a little while in the evening, doing the washing up etc., and it makes a huge difference. One evening I "couldn't be bothered to get changed", and then felt miserable the rest of the day. The rest of the time I wear pink hoodies, feminine underwear, a blouse and faux leather leggings: so on the outside I look like a man who likes to wear colourful clothes, but I know that these are all women's clothes.

--- End quote ---

WOW I think you have hit the nail on the head there, everyone as touched what you have said and I think it would be the best option I have right now. Its like i have this need, this want to dress fully and the thoughts will not go away

I went on a makeover to be fully dressed for the first time ever and the lady said I just relaxed and was so chilled, I am normally very stressed. Going home and presenting male I felt very sad and depressed, the makeover I felt like me it was wonderful and was able to feel wonderful without judgement, but being home that same day felt like i have lost something. Really need to sort this out

thank you

--- Quote ---Find what works for you and don't be afraid to experiment: I never thought that "tucking" was for me until I tried it!

--- End quote ---

DianaPrince:

--- Quote from: Mary_M on January 02, 2022, 09:07:54 am ---Welcome to Susan's Place  :D

Find what works for you and don't be afraid to experiment: I never thought that "tucking" was for me until I tried it!

--- End quote ---

I do this too. I call it “Stealth Femme” (patent pending)

Asche:

--- Quote from: Nadine Spirit on December 31, 2021, 08:06:43 am ---When I first started seeing my therapist I told her that I didn't have any dysphoria.  lol.  As it actually turns out, I just didn't know that what I had been feeling for pretty much my entire life was called dysphoria.

--- End quote ---

One of my favorite depictions of this is a page on a webcomic: The Seasick Squid, on Buttersafe

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version