Community Conversation > Non-binary talk

struggling with expression and understanding my thoughts

<< < (2/3) > >>

felixalex:
Thank you for your comments

Hopefully I won't need to hold my breath to long for my referral to go through to the gender clinic
I think I know in my own heart how to socially transition, but i need the courage to do it
I am making small steps but i have been very deep in the closet it's going to take time

I am going to start with ladies tops and progress from there

I do have dresses, wigs make up etc and with some luck I am going to find a group where I can dress fully

Margrit:

--- Quote from: felixalex on December 30, 2021, 05:20:15 pm ---Thank you for your comments

Hopefully I won't need to hold my breath to long for my referral to go through to the gender clinic
I think I know in my own heart how to socially transition, but i need the courage to do it
I am making small steps but i have been very deep in the closet it's going to take time

I am going to start with ladies tops and progress from there

I do have dresses, wigs make up etc and with some luck I am going to find a group where I can dress fully

--- End quote ---

Hi flexalex

You are most welcome!
I am glad you are able to see your way.

Best wishes
Margrit

Nadine Spirit:
When I first started seeing my therapist I told her that I didn't have any dysphoria.  lol.  As it actually turns out, I just didn't know that what I had been feeling for pretty much my entire life was called dysphoria.  Strangely it is kind of a difficult thing to define well for everyone, but once you understand it for what it is, inside of you, it is terribly difficult to ignore. 

Hopefully your referral to the clinic will happen soon.  Good luck!

Allie Jayne:

--- Quote from: Nadine Spirit on December 31, 2021, 08:06:43 am ---When I first started seeing my therapist I told her that I didn't have any dysphoria.  lol.  As it actually turns out, I just didn't know that what I had been feeling for pretty much my entire life was called dysphoria.  Strangely it is kind of a difficult thing to define well for everyone, but once you understand it for what it is, inside of you, it is terribly difficult to ignore. 

Hopefully your referral to the clinic will happen soon.  Good luck!

--- End quote ---

Dysphoria can range from a background feeling of not being completely comfortable to an all consuming urge and depression. I have recognised it in all it's form afo over 65 years. I eventually found that it is a powerful force not to be ignored. Hoping it will go away by pretending to be your biological gender, or by getting married simply doesn't work!
For most, once they recognise dysphoria, they realise they have had it all their life. It might only have been minor, like just not being able to enjoy things as much as you should, but it is there.

Part of the difficulty is that it doesn't define itself, you need to examine when you are affected and what relieves it to ascertain if it's gender dysphoria, and of course, we tend to blame everything else first. Once we know and understand gender dysphoria, we can set about dealing with it.

Hugs,

Allie

felixalex:
Thank you everyone for your comments they were very helpful and welcoming

When I am dressed as my assigned gender at birth I feel stressed and like you say I can't put my finger on why I feel stressed, but, when I put a dress on (love Dresses) I feel calm and chilled. I recently went for a makeover (never been dressed fully before) The lady doing the makeover commented that while she was working on my face I relaxed and I seemed to be chilled and happier

An hour after a while at home, I felt sad like something had been taken away from me, I had to go back to my gender assigned at birth because my home life isn't trans-friendly. I have issues with my body as well so praying very hard for an appointment with the gender clinic

many thank and happy new year   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version