Author Topic: I may have outed myself at work  (Read 719 times)

Offline Anastasia

• Friend
I may have outed myself at work
« on: December 30, 2021, 04:04:07 pm »
 So I was out today as Anna and stopped by the drugstore to get a new blush. While I was in there, I picked up a couple of other things. I noticed a woman shopping and, as sometimes happens, we kept crossing paths, but I never really got a good look at her face. At checkout, I got enough of a look to see her face and it was one of my co-workers. As we walked out the door, I said "Hi **". She turned and looked at me and I got this blank "who are you look". I said I haven't seen you the last couple of days." "Well, I've been there. " her look was unchanged.

I realize its strange that i said anything at all, but I wasn't male-me out wearing womens clothes but i was just Anna.  Up to this point, I was a woman talking too another woman I work with. But at this point, male me told myself to drop it, maybe she's disgusted by what she sees. I'm still mostly in the closet, but that may have just changed.

My question is, should I not say anything at work and see if she says anything? She may have totally not realized who I was. Should I assume she recognized me and I can try to see if she is going to gossip? But  by saying something when she didn't recognize me, I  may start what I am trying to avoid.

I realize that by going out as myself, this was going to happen at some point. But I never really thought about it. Now I guess I have to think about it.

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
Re: I may have outed myself at work
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2021, 04:14:14 pm »
@Anastasia
Dear Anna:
Based on what you stated that happened, my thought is to say nothing to your co-worker when you see her again either at work or elsewhere....  if she brings up seeing you at the drugstore and is inquisitive regarding your appearance as Anna....   then you can feel free to tell her your story.   She could become one of your biggest supporters, or ???
   ***certainly  "the cat is out of the bag" now!!!!

Please keep me and the rest of your followers updated as you feel comfortable doing.

HUGS and best wishes,
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 42

Offline Margrit

• Housewife
  • I love to run a proper and clean household.
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2021, 04:39:11 pm »
H Anna

Why should you say something? I mean it is your free time and you can do what ever you feel like.
If she is not bringing it up by herself there is no need to talk about, but if she is bringing it up so it depends on you how much you want to let her know about your life.
From my point of view colleagues/Neighbors have to know as little as possible from my private life. 

Best wishes
Margrit
If a man can make you smile,
even if you don't want to,
then you love him.

Offline CaelaNotKayla

• Everyone needs a little glam sometime!
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2021, 08:34:16 pm »
Anna-

I've noticed that people see what they want to see- and she may not have really noticed who you were- particularly if there were nothing else in the pattern that moment that she would have associated with male you.  I've had close friends walk right past me because I didn't match what they were expecting to see.  I wouldn't bring it up unless they do- but it would be a good time to think about what you would want to say if she does. 

Hugs!

Caela
My Blog Thread - The Chronicles of Caela

Who knew it'd be so bright without the blindfold - Demi Lovato

Offline Anastasia

• Friend
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2021, 09:23:45 pm »
The more I think about it, the more I realize I'll just keep quiet. But I guess I will need to come up with what I want to say. I suppose the best thing to do is own it, but say I really don't want the news spread and hope whoever sees me respects my wishes.

Offline Tess100

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2021, 09:22:24 am »
Hello Anastasia,
I agree with Danellie.  It could be a good opening for a supportive friend at work.
Tess

Offline Anjanette Miranda

• So happy to have found this Place
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2022, 09:15:30 am »
Hi Anastasia,

I always say the less said the better!

AJ

Tags: