Author Topic: gritty-ness with testosterone gel?  (Read 405 times)

Offline FlightyBrood

• Homeworks wack, and so are rules! Tucking in your shirt's for fools!
  • Goal: Most.Awesome.Sideburns.Ever.
gritty-ness with testosterone gel?
« on: January 10, 2022, 02:03:15 pm »
Hello all its me! Flighty! Been a while, sorta.

Just this week I finally switched from needles (bad needle phobia, never went away and I just couldn't take the weekly shots anymore) to testosterone gel! I am using the generic of androgel.

It is not gritty, but has the same smell and consistency of hand sanitizer. BUT... during my morning dose, there is some grittiness. I thunk what's happening is some of the gel is drying in the pump part. I just wanted to know of anyone else experiences this and if it's normal, or if it's going to mess up my dosage! thank you for your time!

xx- flighty

Offline Charlene2017

• My journey has begun...
  • Just The Beginning
Re: gritty-ness with testosterone gel?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2022, 03:12:52 pm »
I use the estrogel and have since 2017 and none of them have every felt gritty when using.  I know it's the opposite of what you use but the way you describe how it comes out sounds the same.

It's not gritty and looks like hand sanitizer but doesn't feel gritty when I put it on or even when it dries.
;

Offline FlightyBrood

• Homeworks wack, and so are rules! Tucking in your shirt's for fools!
  • Goal: Most.Awesome.Sideburns.Ever.
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2022, 04:44:16 pm »
I use the estrogel and have since 2017 and none of them have every felt gritty when using.  I know it's the opposite of what you use but the way you describe how it comes out sounds the same.

It's not gritty and looks like hand sanitizer but doesn't feel gritty when I put it on or even when it dries.

it only feels gritty for my morning dose. I looked closely at what the grits were and they were little clear bits, which makes me think its drying up in the pump

Offline Rakel

• Formerly known as Dani
  • Rakel@susans.org
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2022, 09:23:08 pm »
Without knowing which specific generic you are using, all I can say is that is not a desirable thing to happen.

How long have you been using this product ? Has it always been gritty and why only in the morning ? These are questions you should be asking the Pharmacist where you are getting the Testosterone.

It could be a bad batch. It could also be an inferior product. I do not know.

Take it back to where you got it and see what they say.

Retired Pharmacist with over 40 years experience in Hospital and Retail Pharmacies.
I still keep my professional licence active and in good standing.