Author Topic: Showing your ID  (Read 1463 times)

Offline Tig58072

Showing your ID
« on: January 11, 2022, 06:47:16 am »
So, how do you get into places that require an ID when you don't look anything like your ID?

Online Devlyn

• The Forum Administrator
  • devlynmarie@susans.org
Re: Showing your ID
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2022, 07:08:09 am »
It's always going to be difficult if your ID picture doesn't resemble you.
Veteran, US Army

Offline Tig58072

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2022, 07:42:04 am »
I am worried about showing my ID and they not giving it back to me. My driver's license photo looks like I just crawled off my bike.
On my driver's license I have a beard, bandana, my leather jacket. And I had shaved legs and painted toenails 😁. I did have earrings on. I have worn earrings daily for over 30 years.

Offline CaelaNotKayla

• Everyone needs a little glam sometime!
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2022, 08:06:50 am »
I honestly think I get carded from curious waitstaff more than anything else. I usually say "Sure, but you won't believe it's me"

Hugs,
Caela
My Blog Thread - The Chronicles of Caela

Who knew it'd be so bright without the blindfold - Demi Lovato

Offline Jessica_K

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2022, 11:17:56 am »
Very rare to be asked for ID, far to old to be carded for age limited purchases lol.
My two forms of ID are passport which has a photo from about 5 years ago, before transitioning and currently still in my dead name. This is because, with the 2 years of no travel, I still have flights book for the summer that were bought nearly 3 years ago, before my name change. You must have the same name for tickets and passport.  Not paying for both a new passport and change of tickets. My second form of ID is my drivers licence, this is in my correct name, it is free to change name and gender, but has a photo of about 20 years ago!! When I changed from paper to plastic ID my photo was taken from my then quite old passport and although driver licences have to be renewed ever 10 years, mine was extended as I have to re-apply for my licence this year (when I am 70) and again I was too tight to pay for the photo change until I have to lol

Jessica xxx

Offline Veronica Morph

• Neighbor
  • Dress up as female being a man = the best journey
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2022, 12:14:53 am »
Last night i wore  skin tight shorts over my  black hose outfit see my galeria, and shown my id... doorman look at me and i said, if you look agsin it mesns i fid i great transformation... he indeed smiled and said have a great night mami.
I felt great.... mission accomplished.

I lost the fear of getting recognized, i came to the conclusion that once you master your makeup, and balance your curves  and learn your moves... its very difficult to get recognized by someone you know... and those that you don't they won't recognize you if next day you talk to them in man mode... is very improbable.

Veronica Morph

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Have a gentle manner ❤️
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2022, 07:05:47 am »
I have not had to show any official ID (male) since presenting as female, except at hotel registrations this year and that was likely to get a driver’s license number and check my address to the registration information.  I had no issues.  If asked about any name or appearance discrepancy, I suppose I would say that I am MTF transitioning.

Otherwise, the closest I got to needing to show an ID was when I did have car trouble once.  I only had to show my roadside assistance card and had no issues. 

There will be a time though when I may need to and by then I may have updated IDs.  I drive carefully, I do not buy alcohol, I do not cash checks in person, and I do not go to clubs. 

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

I am a brown eyed brunette.

Offline Nadine Spirit

• Little Mrs. Snarky
    • Unordinary Style
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2022, 09:07:51 am »
I spent about ten to fifteen years going out as me before I ever changed my name so during that time I did show my ID many times, which looked nothing like me. If I ever was feeling weird about it I would try and say something comical like, if you look closely you'll notice that I had a different hairstyle when that photo was taken. People would generally giggle, hand me back my ID, and say have a good day.

I can't really imagine that someone would keep your ID if they thought it wasn't actually you. Like is there some sort of secret organization of official ID checkers that has to keep your ID if they suspect it is false? What would they do with your ID then? Would they post it on the wall? Would they send it off to the official ID database? Why would they keep it? For what purpose? Sorry my snarky got loose this morning......

Offline TXSara

• Family
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2022, 03:19:03 pm »
I spent about ten to fifteen years going out as me before I ever changed my name so during that time I did show my ID many times, which looked nothing like me. If I ever was feeling weird about it I would try and say something comical like, if you look closely you'll notice that I had a different hairstyle when that photo was taken. People would generally giggle, hand me back my ID, and say have a good day.

This.

I don't have any problems at all, and I go out with my girlfriends all the time to a place that cards me.  I just tell them, "Don't judge!"  (with a big smile), and they chuckle and hand it right back.  It was stressful the first couple times, but I now realize that nobody cares.

Now, if you are acting like a jerk, you may not get that response.  Be nice to people, and they'll usually be nice back.

~Sara

Offline barbie

• I change my avatar every week
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2022, 07:56:55 pm »
My ID photos resemble me, and no problem at all. People do not pay attention to my printed given name sounding male. In the airports, I pass the entrance by bio-identification (fingerprint). It is very rare to show my ID.

I remember that the official called me 'Sir' in the immigration desk at a Chinese airport, but it was far better than interrogating or even detaining me. He looked scaring, but I realized that even Chinese people are far more open-minded than people usually assume.

barbie~~
Just do it.

Offline Veronica Morph

• Neighbor
  • Dress up as female being a man = the best journey
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2022, 10:20:46 pm »
i recall a time that i did a bad turn in a busy area at night, where there are bars and pubs and too many turists, and a police officer quickly pulled me over, i was wearing a little mini dress, very shiny etc, an a bad make up, cause i was to do it once i was going to find a spot where to park, the officer at first did not recognized i was a guy, he asked for my id and my registration and i gave both docs to his hand and said with my usual voice, “here” , then i asked what did a do,
he looked at me and at my legs and complete checked me out, and i felt strange, he said u did a bad turn, i said oh sorry i didnt see the sign, he said is ok
k just drive carefull mam, and gave me back my docs.... and he left.
ifelt really nervous but not guilty, or scared, nervous for him to asked me to step out and test me the alchol level or some sort of circus i was really wearing very sexy dress and shoes, my plan was to just walk around once i was going to be ready with my makeup.
Veronica Morph

Tags: