Author Topic: GCS on the NHS  (Read 3900 times)

Offline Rakel

• Formerly known as Dani
  • Rakel@susans.org
Re: GCS on the NHS
« Reply #80 on: April 12, 2022, 07:02:55 pm »
Thanks Sarah for sharing your op, its very interesting.

How many techniques are out there to make a vagina that has depth?

At this time, there are three basically different procedures for vaginoplasty. Penile inversion, colon resection and peritoneal pull through. Each method has its own advantages and difficulties. This is why your consult with your prospective surgeon is so important.

Retired Pharmacist with over 40 years experience in Hospital and Retail Pharmacies.
I still keep my professional licence active and in good standing.

Offline ronniekylie90

• Friend
« Reply #81 on: April 13, 2022, 02:23:19 am »
At this time, there are three basically different procedures for vaginoplasty. Penile inversion, colon resection and peritoneal pull through. Each method has its own advantages and difficulties. This is why your consult with your prospective surgeon is so important.
I think in the UK, at least. they mainly go for the standard Penile inversion, at least Dr Bellringer only offered me that. but I know obviously Sarah has stated she got a new technique done by James so :) who knows maybe in the near future he will have that technique on offer too.

Personally, for such a big op, I'm not as confident as some other women who are willing to travel abroad to have a vaginoplasty.

Offline ronniekylie90

• Friend
« Reply #82 on: April 13, 2022, 02:32:05 am »
On another note, I done session 2 of laser with the alexandrite machine as ive got really dark hair. and the surgeon said its a possibility, and done research that said it does work, and seems like some other trans women also gone down the route. so hopefully this works, and any stubborn left over, ill try sort with electrolysis.

it is painful, but nothing compared to face........

Offline davina61

• The ramblings of an old dear
« Reply #83 on: April 13, 2022, 02:33:18 am »
Well mine went fine , just a bit of granulation . The scar on r/h side is still a bit sore at times , that was where the blood build up was and that was always the "painful " side. Not that I had any pain just discomfort so I would not worry about having the op done here.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever.
I get pushed out of shape and its hard to steer when I get rubber in all 4 gears (Beach Boys ,little deuce coupe)

Offline Mandy M

• Friend
« Reply #84 on: April 13, 2022, 06:16:40 am »

And MDV Rakel, although I suppose that's a form of penile inversion? You wouldn't go through the faff of colon resection or peritoneal pull through for a MDV.

Offline pamelatransuk

• Started taking action after decades of suppression in 2017. Finally secured my true female body by GRS in 2021.
« Reply #85 on: April 13, 2022, 07:26:01 am »
Mandy/Rakel/Ronnie

Yes MDV is a form of Penile Inversion which I had last June and which thankfully avoids dilation. Limited sex is possible with MDV but must only be selected if you are sure it is right for you. No doubts for me as I am mainly asexual with minor lesbian tendencies.

Sarah's recent GRS Method by Mr Bellringer in UK, I also find intriguing and worthy of research after more operations performed.

It is of course unfortunate that other types of GRS not offered as yet even for Private Patients in UK.

Hugs

Pamela xx

Offline Rakel

• Formerly known as Dani
  • Rakel@susans.org
« Reply #86 on: April 13, 2022, 08:35:20 pm »
And MDV Rakel, although I suppose that's a form of penile inversion? You wouldn't go through the faff of colon resection or peritoneal pull through for a MDV.

Let me take a moment to highlight the original question.

Thanks Sarah for sharing your op, its very interesting.

How many techniques are out there to make a vagina that has depth?

I did not count MDV as being what ronniekylie90 was asking.

Retired Pharmacist with over 40 years experience in Hospital and Retail Pharmacies.
I still keep my professional licence active and in good standing.

Offline ronniekylie90

• Friend
« Reply #87 on: April 30, 2022, 02:34:12 pm »
Today I had my first referral for bottom surgery, and Dr Sahota definitely is supporting me for the surgery, so that's great. she had no doubt in her mind whatsoever for me, so im so happy :)

Offline pamelatransuk

• Started taking action after decades of suppression in 2017. Finally secured my true female body by GRS in 2021.
« Reply #88 on: April 30, 2022, 03:00:46 pm »
Ronnie

I am delighted to hear this.

As you know, we both chose the private route for GRS as one has to wait years before seeing anyone at an NHSGIC, never mind HRT and GRS.

I selected Dr Sahota and Dr Bhatia as psychiatrists for GRS Referral. They both supported me fully especially Dr Sahota who gave me an excellent service both verbally and in her following Referral Letter.

I fully recommend her to anyone in UK selecting the private route.

Sending love to you.

Hugs

Pamela xx

Offline SarahEL

• Oh no, I have said too much, I haven't said enough...
  • Family
  • That's me in the corner.... That's me in the photo
« Reply #89 on: April 30, 2022, 10:34:43 pm »
Mandy/Rakel/Ronnie

Yes MDV is a form of Penile Inversion which I had last June and which thankfully avoids dilation. Limited sex is possible with MDV but must only be selected if you are sure it is right for you. No doubts for me as I am mainly asexual with minor lesbian tendencies.

Sarah's recent GRS Method by Mr Bellringer in UK, I also find intriguing and worthy of research after more operations performed.

It is of course unfortunate that other types of GRS not offered as yet even for Private Patients in UK.

Hugs

Pamela xx

I heard he has preformed other surgeries using this technique since me.. all with good results.
I have over 15cm of depth, enough for a full penetrative sex, and I can orgasm. I am approaching 11 weeks post op, not quite 3 months..

Mr Bellringer has updated his site to mention the experimental technique.. and also announce an increase of fee's from
 £15k to £23k from today...Which, gosh, would of put it out of my price range..

Oh, life is bigger,  It's bigger Than you and you are not me
The lengths that I will go to.  The distance in your eyes

R.E.M. - Losing My Religion

Offline ronniekylie90

• Friend
« Reply #90 on: May 01, 2022, 12:28:39 am »
Ronnie

I am delighted to hear this.

As you know, we both chose the private route for GRS as one has to wait years before seeing anyone at an NHSGIC, never mind HRT and GRS.

I selected Dr Sahota and Dr Bhatia as psychiatrists for GRS Referral. They both supported me fully especially Dr Sahota who gave me an excellent service both verbally and in her following Referral Letter.

I fully recommend her to anyone in UK selecting the private route.

Sending love to you.

Hugs

Pamela xx
Dr Sahota was the nicest!!! honestly, I can't recommend her enough either, then we got talking a bit about men and gave me some tips on how to weed out the not so good ones, from the ones I should pick. I really really like her.

My second reference is going to come from Dr Popelyuk/Dr Khalid I think. they already did my FFS referral, but they suggested to get it booked with them after FFS (which is happening next month)

But anyway, I am so pleased :) Not that I had much to prove cos that's probably the thing I'm most sure about, but still it was nice to hear full support

Offline ronniekylie90

• Friend
« Reply #91 on: May 01, 2022, 12:34:18 am »
I heard he has preformed other surgeries using this technique since me.. all with good results.
I have over 15cm of depth, enough for a full penetrative sex, and I can orgasm. I am approaching 11 weeks post op, not quite 3 months..

Mr Bellringer has updated his site to mention the experimental technique.. and also announce an increase of fee's from
 £15k to £23k from today...Which, gosh, would of put it out of my price range..
Mr Bellringer assured me, that as I got to a consultation slipped in, he'd keep the same price for me, even if they raised their prices later on. which was very nice. I hope he's gonna follow through.

That's insane that they raised it by 7k by the way.

Also, how would I go on asking about the experimental technique? do I just ask specifically?

Offline ronniekylie90

• Friend
« Reply #92 on: May 13, 2022, 03:02:50 pm »
I got myself a date for the big op!!!! So excited  ;D

Offline pamelatransuk

« Reply #93 on: May 13, 2022, 04:15:42 pm »
Congratulations Ronnie on securing date for GCS which surely must be at the lower price as promised.

Hugs

Pamela xx

Offline ronniekylie90

• Friend
« Reply #94 on: May 14, 2022, 02:00:49 am »
Congratulations Ronnie on securing date for GCS which surely must be at the lower price as promised.

Hugs

Pamela xx
Yes Dr B was extremely kind to keep his promise, that's why we decided to set the date already to avoid problems. Also, we discussed and I will have the tunica vaginoplasty that also Sarah got. fingers crossed :)

Offline davina61

• The ramblings of an old dear
« Reply #95 on: May 14, 2022, 02:33:19 am »
Well done dear, best wishes.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever.
I get pushed out of shape and its hard to steer when I get rubber in all 4 gears (Beach Boys ,little deuce coupe)

Offline Jessica_Rose

« Reply #96 on: May 14, 2022, 07:08:30 am »
Yes Dr B was extremely kind to keep his promise, that's why we decided to set the date already to avoid problems. Also, we discussed and I will have the tunica vaginoplasty that also Sarah got. fingers crossed :)

This sounds a little like the line from 'When Harry Met Sally' -- 'I'll have what she's having.'

Great news getting your surgery scheduled!

Love always -- Jessica Rose

Offline ronniekylie90

• Friend
« Reply #97 on: May 15, 2022, 09:04:32 am »
This sounds a little like the line from 'When Harry Met Sally' -- 'I'll have what she's having.'

Great news getting your surgery scheduled!

Love always -- Jessica Rose
Thanks Jessica and all :) x I am very excited and feels great having a date in place :)

Offline SarahEL

• Oh no, I have said too much, I haven't said enough...
  • Family
  • That's me in the corner.... That's me in the photo
« Reply #98 on: May 15, 2022, 12:53:59 pm »
Great news for you...   I am, today, 3 months post op.. I have pretty much completely healed. Sensation is good enough to do that scene from 'When Harry met Sally' and not have to fake it!!  LOL.. 
I don't know if I am just lucky or this new op is the best thing ever.. Personally, I think it is a bit of both.

Just be prepared for the aftermath.. it is always tougher than you expect it to be.. not so much in hospital, but when you get back. Ensure, if you can, people around you to support you.

When is it?

Oh, life is bigger,  It's bigger Than you and you are not me
The lengths that I will go to.  The distance in your eyes

R.E.M. - Losing My Religion

Offline ronniekylie90

• Friend
« Reply #99 on: May 17, 2022, 07:14:54 am »
Great news for you...   I am, today, 3 months post op.. I have pretty much completely healed. Sensation is good enough to do that scene from 'When Harry met Sally' and not have to fake it!!  LOL.. 
I don't know if I am just lucky or this new op is the best thing ever.. Personally, I think it is a bit of both.

Just be prepared for the aftermath.. it is always tougher than you expect it to be.. not so much in hospital, but when you get back. Ensure, if you can, people around you to support you.

When is it?
Thanks so much for the tip Sarah, and amazing that you have completely healed, that's amazing as it's 3 months post op. wow, hope to be just as lucky

20th of October :)
20 is also the day of my birthday so I like that number :)

Tags: