Author Topic: Started Estradiol Injections after 2 years of Pills  (Read 390 times)

Offline Zoey Starr

Started Estradiol Injections after 2 years of Pills
« on: January 14, 2022, 07:09:16 pm »
I started weekly IM injections of Estradiol Valerate today. After two years of Estradiol tablets (taken sublingually 4x a day) for two years I am thrilled with the convenience of a weekly injection. I have heard that injections can assist with better feminization but I haven't found much scientific evidence that this is true. Progesterone capsules were added to my daily regiment about a year ago and I plan to continue them with my weekly injections.

I've had pretty good results from Estradiol tablets and Progesterone. I am currently about a C cup and over the last 2 months I have seen noticeably fuller, rounder breasts. I've been very itchy behind my nipples in the last 2 weeks. This hasn't happened in a long time so I'm hopeful that I will continue to see another growth spurt soon. My Doctor is really impressed with my breast development.

The injection itself was pretty easy and painless. I felt somewhat of a warm buzz throughout my body and head following the injection. The feeling has not dissipated much in the first few hours post-injection. I realize this may be psychological but I have never had a similar reaction after taking Estradiol tablets or Progesterone.

In the future, I'll post back here with any info that might seem helpful for others who are also considering a change in their method of hormone delivery. Feel free to ask any questions and I will be happy to share the limited knowledge acquired from my personal experiences.

Hugs,
Z.

Offline Rakel

• Formerly known as Dani
  • Rakel@susans.org
Re: Started Estradiol Injections after 2 years of Pills
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2022, 09:20:21 pm »
I started weekly IM injections of Estradiol Valerate today. After two years of Estradiol tablets (taken sublingually 4x a day) for two years I am thrilled with the convenience of a weekly injection. I have heard that injections can assist with better feminization but I haven't found much scientific evidence that this is true...

And I am another who is not aware of any studies that have shown one method of administration is any better than a different method. What is important are the blood levels need to be an effective amont and taking your hormone therapy long enough and consistantly enough to see results. Physical changes due to hormone therapy are agonizingly slow.

I am sure you will be happy with the injections, as they are convenient, with once a week administration.

Take care.  :-*

Retired Pharmacist with over 40 years experience in Hospital and Retail Pharmacies.
I still keep my professional licence active and in good standing.

Tags: