General Discussions > ARGHHH!

No-one told me one of the most crucial requirements for transitioning

<< < (3/3)

Katelyn:

--- Quote from: Oldandcreaky on January 26, 2022, 11:16:24 pm ---Katelyn, if connecting with ciswomen matters to you, expand your interests to overlap theirs. Yes, female-to-female dynamics are complex. Are you funny? Humor helps. Are you kind and generous with your time? These traits also make you more attractive as a gal pal.

--- End quote ---

Since I was not raised as female, It is harder for me to feel confident about the way I'm coming off across as to ciswomen, all the unwritten rules that I may not know about.  To top it off, I don't have much natural social skills talent, so especially in groups I have had a hard time keeping "in good terms" with them over the long run.  Not being socially intelligent is one of the biggest curses one can have in life.

Oldandcreaky:
Katelyn, not being socialized over decades makes it harder for sure and a young brain is much more plastic, that is supple, than an older brain, so ciswomen were socialized when it was easier to learn. However, you're not without assets. Observe other women. You can do this in person or through the television. Note what they say and how they say it. Practice. Mimic. You might feel like a phony at first, but over time, the new role and behaviors will fit and feel natural. I've done a lot performing in my life and long before I stepped on stage, I was rehearsing. I rehearsed in the shower.I rehearsed in the car on the way to the theater. Heck, I was rehearsing in the wings, right up to the second I stepped on stage. When girls play with dolls and play house, they are rehearsing and they rehearse for years. Then they step onto the stage of the playground or middle school and they commit blunder after blunder, even with their quick-study brains. You'll make mistakes too. Forgive yourself when you do and learn from your errors.

Celebrate the good moments.

Brace for the bad ones.

As far as keeping "in good terms," being kind is kind of a cure-all.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version