General Discussions > General discussions

Female Role Models/Making friends

(1/3) > >>

Jordynfae:
If this is already in another thread please let me know.
Who is/was your role model when you began your transition? Like was there any GG that you look to for inspiration when it came to style, mannerisms etc?
I keep trying to find tall women to follow who have similar height and slimness,
Also. Friends. How do I find people in real life I can trust? That seems to be the hardest part of transition.
I would love to make friends with allied cisWomen and other transgender women but I have no idea how to approach this problem, without it turning into a fetish thing :/ small town life sucks

Northern Star Girl:
@Jordynfae
Dear Jordynfae:
I have been Full-time since December 2016.  I quite my male-mode job and relocated to a small town in Alaska to start my own financial planning, tax, and CPA business.

Certainly in big cities one can get lost in the crowd, but the downside is that meeting and greeting people and seeing them randomly in town at a coffee shop or store is usually not going to happen.

I live in a very small and rural town in Alaska and I have found accepting friends, male and female, and also cis-females that have become very good friends.  I operate my own small owned business and have many clients.
My office is next door to a small town coffee shop that ends up being the town greet and meet center....  I am there most mornings before I open my office and in a short time I have gotten to know the names of most of the employees, the owner, and most of the regular customers.

I also organized a Gym Gals group of about 5 women that regularly go to the local gym every week.  I also am involved in a local book club of mostly women, and I am involved in civic events and charity gatherings where I can socialize with many of the local townspeople.
I am also a regular attender of a local church and have found acceptance from most of the congregation there and many times after church there are a small group of friends, mostly women, that I go to lunch with.

My best friend, a local Dental Hygienist has become my "sweetie tooth-fairy" and she has been a big help with all things female.

Basically, "If you want friends you have to be friendly, be the first to smile and the first to start a conversation.", even just a few words to break the ice, and then if you are fortunate to see that person again, which is a very small town is very likely to happen, then you can cultivate a possible friendly relationship.

One of my best Forum's friends here on Susan's Place, @Jessica,  has a great mantraon her profile "Signature Line"regarding making new friends.
   "If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

You might want to make some reading time for yourself and go to my very first Blog Thread here that describes my early journey in my new small town.
                I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
    https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,236395.msg2123029.html#msg2123029

Hopefully you can glean some ideas that will help you in your own personal journey.
All of my Blog threads are listed at the bottom of any of my comments and posts.

HUGS and best wishes as you continue on in your life endeavors.
Danielle

--- Quote from: Jordynfae on February 07, 2022, 02:28:49 am ---If this is already in another thread please let me know.
Who is/was your role model when you began your transition? Like was there any GG that you look to for inspiration when it came to style, mannerisms etc?
I keep trying to find tall women to follow who have similar height and slimness,
Also. Friends. How do I find people in real life I can trust? That seems to be the hardest part of transition.
I would love to make friends with allied cisWomen and other transgender women but I have no idea how to approach this problem, without it turning into a fetish thing :/ small town life sucks

--- End quote ---

Allie Jayne:
I’d like to echo everything Danielle said. The best mentors are the cis people in your true gender, and if you are outgoing and nice to people, you will find friends. I did this long before I transitioned by getting involved in activities primarily of interest to women, and as they became comfortable with me, I gained friends and acceptance. It helps if you have interests aligned with your true gender, but even with general community activities, you can learn from cis women and emulate them to gain acceptance.

Of course, if you join in these activities and exhibit male behaviours, you would likely not be accepted by women. I show that I care about them, and I am not trying to dominate.

Hugs,

Allie

Oldandcreaky:
Humor helps. As others noted, so do kindness and generosity. Senior women don't dwell on makeup and fashion, so don't expect to generate interest in you as a potential friend if those are your preferred topics. If you pass, don't lead with your trans-history. That's dumping too much intimacy on a near stranger.

TXSara:

--- Quote from: Northern Star Girl on February 07, 2022, 01:23:40 pm ---"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

--- End quote ---

Wow.  Wonderful way to put it.  I totally agree.  I'm using this... I might even give you credit, Danielle.  ;D

~Sara

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version