Author Topic: granulation issues 6 month post-op  (Read 565 times)

Offline tnjen99

• Visitor
granulation issues 6 month post-op
« on: February 13, 2022, 04:38:11 pm »
I had my surgery back in July 2021 in Guadalajara, Mexico. I was on leave of absence on up until early Oct. I was dilatating as per instructions. After a while, it went beyond the expected discomfort that goes with the incremental sizing of the dilators. Long story short, after months of bloody discharge and smell, I knew something was very wrong. Being a veteran, I went to the women's health of the VA, I was blessed enough to have gotten a very good genecology doctor familiar with TS female care. She informed me that I had significant granulation all around my clitoris and vaginal canal. I was arranged with a consult through the Cleveland Clinic. After 2 sessions of silver nitrate cauterizations, the drainage has greatly subsided, but not ceased. Along with the cauterization, I was instructed to use hydrocortisone with my dilating. It's been 1 week since my last session, when is a reasonable expectation for achieving some normalcy? I was told, there may be need for another smaller amount of cauterization. I'd appreciate some feed back.

Offline Rachel

• Family
Re: granulation issues 6 month post-op
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2022, 05:13:36 pm »
Hi,

I had a series of GCS related operations and procedures. I did not have donor penile skin so a skin graft was used. I was about 5.5 to 6 inches deep post GCS ( I had GCS and I was closed up 1 week later, 1 week past that I was able to dilate). The graph about 1 inch to 3 inches died. I had massive granulation. I had an operation to remove about 2 .5 inched of depth and remove the granulation. I had 13 sessions of silver nitrite. Then I was shown how to perform the chemical procedure myself and give a tube of silver nitrite sticks. I used them up. I had a third operation for exterior cosmetics.

I went to RBL for a consult but was told to do pelvic floor exercises and a condition to the FTF exam. I had two issues. 1) depth and 2) lower vaginal cosmetics and lack of labia there. the exercised hurt my hands. I purchased a sabian and I am a good 6 inches of depth inside.

I persevered and am very very satisficed with my vagina.  What dr. RBL offered for the cosmetic was not satisfactory to my lifestyle. So I did not do that.

Dr. McGinn fid fat injections an the top 2/3 of my vagina. The fat mostly absorbed but it left beautiful labia (operation 3) So in order to get labia on the lower part of my vagina I am thinking of going back to Dr. McGinn for fat injections.

I have lots of fun with guys and my vagina and clit, I have been told, is beautiful.

I have had a lot of electrolysis on my vaginal area and I shave down there. I was at a Korean spa Saturday and most of the woman do not shave and have a lot of pubic hair. I am clean down there and I like it that way.
MTF in need of help link https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,133631.1980.html
MTF in need of help 2 link https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,251825.0.html
HRT  5-28-2013
FT   11-13-2015
FFS   9-16-2016 -Spiegel
GCS 11-15-2016 - McGinn
Hair Grafts 3-20-2017 - Cooley
Voice therapy start 3-2017 - Reene Blaker
Labiaplasty 5-15-2017 - McGinn
BA 7-12-2017 - McGinn
Hair grafts 9-25-2017 Dr.Cooley
Sataloff Cricothyroid subluxation and trachea shave12-11-2017
Dr. McGinn labiaplasty, hood repair, scar removal, graph repair and bottom of  vagina finished. urethra repositioned. 4-4-2018
Dr. Sataloff Glottoplasty 5-14-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal in office procedure 10-22-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal revision 2 4-3-2019 Bottom of vagina closed off, fat injected into the labia and urethra repositioned.
Dr. Thomas FemLar 10/13/2020
Dr. Thomas laser vocal procedure 2/17/2021

Offline Rakel

• Formerly known as Dani
  • Rakel@susans.org
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2022, 07:14:58 pm »
tnjen99,

Normal healing from a vaginoplasty takes several months and I did not fully heal for about 6 months in total. I did not have any granulomas, but I did bleed profusely for about 2 months. When I say profusely, I mean enough to require changing a sanitary pad more than once a day. After another month or so, I was able to use the thin pads and not make a mess of myself.  :embarrassed: Healing takes time and you can help somewhat by gentle dilating with the smaller dilators. Once you are no longer bleeding, you can use the larger dilators.

The silver nitrate treatments that you are getting from the Cleveland Clinic are standard treatment for any type of healing issues with any type of genital surgery. This happen to some women, but fortunately, not very often. The hydrocortisone treatment is to help reduce inflamation which speeds healing.

You are getting proper care with the Cleveland Clinic. Just keep doing what they tell you to do and in a few months you should be much better. Take care.  :-*

Retired Pharmacist with over 40 years experience in Hospital and Retail Pharmacies.
I still keep my professional licence active and in good standing.

Offline davina61

• The ramblings of an old dear
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2022, 03:06:52 am »
I have had 2 lots of granulation treated, my GP did the last one . Its still a bit sore after 3 weeks from last one ,treating it with a steroid cream thats very waxy after dilation and it seems to be doing something. No smell or discharge now just a bit "tight" and sore on that spot.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever.
I get pushed out of shape and its hard to steer when I get rubber in all 4 gears (Beach Boys ,little deuce coupe)

Tags: