Author Topic: Breads!  (Read 1060 times)

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Have a gentle manner ❤️
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
Breads!
« on: March 19, 2022, 08:42:37 am »
What types of breads do you enjoy?

There are so many!

Perhaps zucchini bread?  French baguette?   Whole wheat?

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

I am a brown eyed brunette.

Offline jennifer7020

• Friend
Re: Breads!
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2022, 08:59:43 am »

Is all of the above a fair answer? I like bread. I come from a long line of bread eaters and bread lovers... I used to have a great sourdough starter and backed my own every few weeks..

problem is bread really likes me too. it -um- sticks around abit..
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
She had rings on her fingers and bells on her shoes
And I knew, without askin', she was into the blues
She wore scarlet begonias tucked into her curls
I knew right away she was not like other girls, other girls

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Family
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2022, 09:27:19 am »
I think that raisin bread can be tasty too.

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline Gertrude

• Trudie
  • Family
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2022, 09:28:59 am »
I tend to like hardy bread(a good crust), but I try to avoid it. In general I try to keep my carb consumption under 200g a day and if I am doing keto, 30g a day. The only bread I really don't like is sourdough. When I lived in Iowa, that's all they had. Italian bread was sourdough, French bread was sourdough. I was like, <not allowed>? The thing is, they have very parochial tastes and I had to accept it, so I skipped it and would bake my own if I wanted it. Forget about pizza. They thought dominos is good pizza.
"No, her mind is not for rent
To any god or government
Always hopeful, yet discontent
She knows changes aren't permanent
But change is"

Neil Peart

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2022, 09:48:27 am »
I usually like Whole Wheat bread but sometimes I like the multi-grain breads too.

I love to make and bake Banana Bread and Zucchini Bread.
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 42

Offline Battle Goddess

• Mentally Interesting
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2022, 10:38:15 am »
The darker, the better
"It's not really a choice. Because we're not choosing to transition...we're choosing to be happy." -- SarahC

"Freedom comes at a high price. But I have paid that price, and I am free." -- Muhammad Ali

"Have a gentle manner ❤️" -- Chrissy Ryan
"Working on it" -- Battle Goddess

"When going through hell, best keep moving." -- Old & KIA

“Darling,” She said, “it doesn’t matter. You have only one choice. You can walk farther along the path or not. It is a narrow path. You may be scared about lifting your foot up to take your next step. It doesn’t matter. You don’t have to step very far. It’s up to you.
"But all you get to do is choose. Your anxieties, your fears, your courage, your happiness, your rage: go ahead and feel them all you want. They don’t matter. What matters is what you choose.
“I can promise you a long and fascinating road. I’ll give you tools along the way. I’ll be with you every step.
“Now make your choice.” --  my beloved Battle Goddess

Offline CaelaNotKayla

• Everyone needs a little glam sometime!
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2022, 10:53:49 am »
While Banana Bread seems to get made quite often, I love fresh French bread right out of the oven when I have the time to make it!

Hugs!!

Caela
My Blog Thread - The Chronicles of Caela

Who knew it'd be so bright without the blindfold - Demi Lovato

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Family
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2022, 11:02:08 am »
While Banana Bread seems to get made quite often, I love fresh French bread right out of the oven when I have the time to make it!

Hugs!!

Caela

Ummm.  It tastes so good, I know!

Chrissy

Offline sarahc

• Sarah
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2022, 10:29:16 pm »
I like all breads, but for the most part, my standard rotation is switching between artisan multigrain and artisan rye loaves at Whole Foods. Occasionally, I'll treat myself to a nice French loaf or baguette from the really good bread bakery in my area.

Sarah
----
50 years young.
Known that I am trans since...forever.
First therapy session / decided to transition / hair removal: October 2018
HRT: January 2019 (journal https://www.susans.org/forums/index.phpVF/topic,244009.0.html)
VFS: September 2019; three-month report here
Full-time: April 2020
FFS: August 2020
SRS: January 2021

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Family
Breads!
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2022, 10:41:24 pm »
The Artisan style breads are nice choices. For sure.

Chrissy

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2022, 11:26:50 pm »
Banana Bread, still warm out of the oven !!!!!  mmm, mmm, good

Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW

Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Family
Breads!
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2022, 11:29:15 pm »
The banana bread also looks yummy.

Chrissy

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Family
Breads!
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2022, 09:08:14 am »
Does anyone try to avoid eating end pieces of any loaf of bread?

Does anyone go further and not eat the crusts?  I do not, but sometimes I try avoid eating the end pieces.

Chrissy

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2022, 10:00:30 am »
@ChrissyRyan
Dear Chrissy:
I know that I may have unusual likes and dislikes, but I like the "heels" and the "crusts"... 
....and when toasted, I like my bread fairly "dark" and extra toasty (not just "warm" bread like many
restaurants may serve toast, I always ask for extra toasty or in restaurant parlance....  "double down"

Danielle

Does anyone go further and not eat the crusts?  I do not, but sometimes I try avoid eating the end pieces.

Chrissy
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW

Offline CaelaNotKayla

• Everyone needs a little glam sometime!
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2022, 10:18:08 am »

Chrissy

I was raised that the end pieces were for making croutons or stuffing, and never for sandwiches or toast.

Hugs!!

Caela
My Blog Thread - The Chronicles of Caela

Who knew it'd be so bright without the blindfold - Demi Lovato

Offline Gertrude

• Trudie
  • Family
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2022, 10:53:59 am »
@ChrissyRyan
Dear Chrissy:
I know that I may have unusual likes and dislikes, but I like the "heels" and the "crusts"... 
....and when toasted, I like my bread fairly "dark" and extra toasty (not just "warm" bread like many
restaurants may serve toast, I always ask for extra toasty or in restaurant parlance....  "double down"

Danielle

Same here.
"No, her mind is not for rent
To any god or government
Always hopeful, yet discontent
She knows changes aren't permanent
But change is"

Neil Peart

Offline ImAllie

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2022, 01:10:08 pm »
My wife loves the “heels”…. Or used to when we were eating more bread. Since our weight loss we really don’t eat it much.

However, a few months ago I was making meatballs for dinner and our son had wanted us to pick up a loaf of Italian bread for him… and the local Whole Foods didn’t have the loaf he liked, so I just baked one… and since then I’m addicted to how easy and quick it is to make a loaf of bread! Can do it in under 90 minutes, including proofing time!

And now I keep thinking of how to make different varieties of breads off of that basic.  I just need people to eat it other than us! 😂

Offline davina61

• The ramblings of an old dear
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2022, 02:27:41 pm »
Crusts are the best bit toasted well , some home made jam mmmmmmmm. When I make a loaf it gets multi seeds added but as there is only me to eat it I try not to bake.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever.
I get pushed out of shape and its hard to steer when I get rubber in all 4 gears (Beach Boys ,little deuce coupe)

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Family
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2022, 05:19:25 pm »
I have not been eating as much bread recently but I do enjoy a good French bread for sure.

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2022, 05:44:16 pm »
I love Rye bread....
I use several recipes to make Dark Rye, Light Rye, and Pumpernickle

Wonderful breads for making a Ham & Cheese Sandwich, and certainly when I make a Reuben Sandwich.

Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW

Tags: