Author Topic: Do you think you have enough clothes now for your MTF wardrobe?  (Read 1195 times)

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Have a gentle manner ❤️
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
Do you think you have enough clothes now for your MTF wardrobe?  Are new purchases most likely just a want now instead of a need?

I realize that clothes wear out, there are some situations and venues that you might need to buy specific clothes for, fashions go out of date, moving to a new climate may require different clothes, and you can change sizes.

But I have noticed that after many hours and days of shopping and wearing these nice clothes that it may be that future purchases would likely be a want rather than a need.  Good thing, as about everything seems to cost more now than last year.

Does this apply to you or are you just beginning to accumulate your wardrobe?

Perhaps it is fair to separate clothing items from purses, shoes, boots, jewelry, and other accessories. 

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

I am a brown eyed brunette.

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle, Aspiring Person
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
Re: Do you think you have enough clothes now for your MTF wardrobe?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2022, 06:38:06 pm »

I have way too many....   early on when I went first went Full time I was "shopping crazy" ...

Every so often I go through my closet and chest of drawers and take inventory and when
there are items that do not quite fit right, or that I don't wear often, I bag them up and give
them to friends or to a thrift shop.

Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 42

Offline Jessica_Rose

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2022, 07:52:46 pm »
Initially my shopping was 'it fits, so I'll buy it'. Once I had enough clothing (if that's even possible), I began to be more discriminating, buying clothes which I thought would look good on me, then buying seasonally appropriate fashion. My purchases have slowed down quite a bit now, but I'm always looking for awesome leggings and dresses!

Shoes and boots are still difficult for me, not too many places carry women's size 13.

Love always -- Jessica Rose

Offline CaelaNotKayla

• Everyone needs a little glam sometime!
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2022, 12:06:35 am »
I love to shop... it's very much therapy for me.  But I shifted from the mall to the thrift shops.  It's easier on the budget!

But contrary to some of my friends' belief- I don't have unlimited closet space!  As I add new items to my closet I pull items out that I got earlier in my journey.  I'm happy that they can go to live with other people whose style (and size) fits them better!

Hugs!!

Caela

My Blog Thread - The Chronicles of Caela

Who knew it'd be so bright without the blindfold - Demi Lovato

Offline Kalandrina

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2022, 06:55:05 am »
Can a girl ever have enough clothes ? No. I am satisfied with what i have but could quite happily shop and shop and shop. Most things now are wow i like that will buy it, not that i need it :)
This ain't a song for the broken-hearted
No silent prayer for the faith-departed
I ain't gonna be just a face in the crowd
You're gonna hear my voice
When I shout it out loud
It's my life
It's now or never
I ain't gonna live forever
I just want to live while I'm alive
(It's my life)
My heart is like an open highway
Like Frankie said
I did it my way
I just want to live while I'm alive
It's my life

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Family
Do you think you have enough clothes now for your MTF wardrobe?
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2022, 05:46:05 pm »
Can a girl ever have enough clothes ? No. I am satisfied with what i have but could quite happily shop and shop and shop. Most things now are wow i like that will buy it, not that i need it :)
@Northern Star Girl
@Kalandrina

Well I was not planning on it but because I had some shopping loyalty money I went shopping today.
I ended up seeing a nice blouse and as it fit well, I bought it.  Did I really need it?  No, but it is a nice spring wardrobe addition that I can match up well throughout the year too.

I should be able to squeeze one more top in the closet…

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline JennyTG

• Family
  • Don't dream it, be it
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2022, 04:09:51 am »
Every so often I go through my closet and chest of drawers and take inventory and when
there are items that do not quite fit right, or that I don't wear often, I bag them up and give
them to friends or to a thrift shop.

Danielle

Yep gonna have to start doing that soon.

Jenny
~I just wanna have fun, that's all I really want~

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Family
Do you think you have enough clothes now for your MTF wardrobe?
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2022, 08:56:10 am »
Yep gonna have to start doing that soon.

Jenny

After getting my hair styled this morning I think I will try to take a closer look at my clothes and try do some more donating. 

Have a nice weekend everyone!

Chrissy

Offline JennyTG

• Family
  • Don't dream it, be it
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2022, 01:27:52 am »
It's very therapeutic Chrissy, I'm going to have to do it more often though.

As for where my clothing is mostly bought,hmmmm...occasionally used on auction sites for retro or very unique pieces but mostly new from cheaper stores (like your Targets etc).  Those kind of stores have more than enough for my tastes anyways.

Jenny
~I just wanna have fun, that's all I really want~

Offline Kaleig_hC

• Family
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2022, 09:54:42 am »
To answer the topic. No. I got made to give everything away after my first attempt at transition. I have very little of everything except panties and jeans/pants. I have to rebuild my wardrobe all over again once I can come out. It is too soon right now. I may have to hide camisoles under my polos with my breasts starting to poke through my polo shirts. Bras be too obvious. Only problem would be washing them without my family knowing I own them. I have to do it after my parents go to bed. This secrecy is getting old.

Offline Kaleig_hC

• Family
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2022, 12:21:33 pm »
I just went to Wal-Mart and bought 12 spaghetti strap cami tops. They are not for coming out. They are to help hide my increasing bust line. My chest has increased from 35 inches to 38 inches. Under bust is 31.5 inches and over bust is 33.5 inches. Seems to be going up an inch a week. I want my face giving me away not my bust. I am going to hide them under my polos to smooth out my nipples and sneak wash them after mom and dad go to bed to wash them as I mentioned above unless I can get somebody to do it for me and return them to me. Wardrobe gets a slight increase. These are my first tops of any kind.

Offline Kaleig_hC

• Family
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2022, 02:12:10 pm »
Scoop neck women's short sleeve tees were my purchase today at Wal-Mart. I am getting some clothes now. I won't be using these until I am out of the closet. I am preparing myself for a September reveal. My boobs are not hiding theirselves forever.

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Family
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2022, 04:14:18 pm »
It's very therapeutic Chrissy, I'm going to have to do it more often though.

As for where my clothing is mostly bought,hmmmm...occasionally used on auction sites for retro or very unique pieces but mostly new from cheaper stores (like your Targets etc).  Those kind of stores have more than enough for my tastes anyways.

Jenny

Jenny,

There is great satisfaction in finding some nice clothes, trying them on, and they fit and look really pretty good on you.  I have too many so as they show some wear or they do not fit as well, unless they are favorites I do pass them on for others to use.  If after diligently working to get out a stain and failing to remove it, I now give those away too and vow to be more careful so no more stains are created.  Someone still may want that with the stain.

If one has enough clothes, greater restraint is called for to not spend too much on things that have become mostly wants rather than needs.  Buying that pretty blouse too many times and there goes some money that could have been spent on a vacation or something more urgent.  So when I see a pretty blouse now, it has got to fit well, be priced right, and look pretty good on me to buy it. 

However it is easy to break that buying moderation rule if I do not keep my discipline wits about me, that’s for sure.  It is fun going to look though, as there often are pretty clothes that show up for sale.  Maybe pretty enough to buy.  In moderation of course.

Chrissy

@JennyTG

Offline Kaleig_hC

• Family
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2022, 05:39:36 pm »
Outside my jeans, panties and coats, I now have only enough clothes to fill one garbage bag. It is getting better but I am still missing a lot of items. I still have no extra shoes and no bras. I still have a ways to go. Those first three a re what I am allowed to openly wear. Rest I still have to hide that I own them. I have one garbage bag filled with everything I have bought in the last few weeks.

Tags: