Author Topic: Urine Stream  (Read 1270 times)

Offline Kelli710

• Visitor
Urine Stream
« on: April 04, 2022, 07:29:48 pm »
In general, how long has it taken each of you to have a straight forward (normal) urine flow?

Online Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
Re: Urine Stream
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2022, 07:43:21 pm »
@Kelli710
Dear Kelli:
Obviously, every surgery result has different outcomes and since you did not specify which GCS surgery procedure that you had the answers you obtain may not be ad applicable to you....   MTF?   FTM? 

I see that you are a new member so before I provide my answer your question, I first need to Officially Welcome you to Susan's Place and the Forums.

Be looking for my next 2 postings... then other members can give you their responses to your questions.

Warm Regards,
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 42

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2022, 07:44:50 pm »
@Kelli710
Dear Kelli
    Please know that I am not trying to hijack your post but first I wish to Officially Welcome YOU to Susan's Place.

I will not try to address your thoughts and concerns with my Welcome Message but rather other members will be along to share with you and to give you their thoughts regarding what you posted.

I am happy to see that you have signed up as a member of Susan's Place and have submitted your first posting.

As you post here on the forums you will be able to continue to exchange thoughts and comments with others that are experiencing many of the same things that you are.

This is the right place for you to be to find out what others may have to say.

I want to warmly WELCOME you to Susan's Place
You will find this a safe and friendly place to share with others and to read about others similar trials, tribulations, and successes.

As you are certainly aware you can share with others and involve yourself with some give and take with other like-minded members.  When frustrated or if you have successes you can share it here if you wish and receive support from others and offer support to others. ....
     ***There is a very good chance that you might find that you will make some new like-minded friends here. 

Please come in and continue to be involved at your own pace.   Other members will be along shortly to give you their thoughts about your questions and concerns that you mentioned in your very first posting.

There is information and important LINKS that I have included below.   You will find information about the site that will help you navigate around and best utilize the features here.   
Please look closely at the LINKS in RED, answers are there to many questions that new members ask....

If you have any questions about the Susan's Place site and the Forums please feel free to
contact me via my Email northernstargirl@susans.org

Again, Welcome to Susan's Place
Danielle

Global Moderator

Here are some links to the site rules and stuff that all new members should be familiar with:

Things that you should read
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW

Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2022, 07:46:42 pm »
@Kelli710
Dear Kelli710:
OH, and another thing....
If you feel so inclined please feel free to stop by the Introductions Forum to introduce yourself
and very briefly tell more members something about yourself!

With more exposure to more members here you will be able to get more responses to your questions and concerns.

Wishing your well as you continue to be involved in the forums.

NOTE:   Now, after all of this Greeting and Welcoming stuff,
I will give you and other readers the thread back so that the
conversation can continue.

Again, Welcome to Susan's Place and the Forums
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW

Offline Karen_A

• Friend
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2022, 08:26:11 pm »
For me it never got there... i had SRS in 1998.

-Karen

Offline sarahc

• Sarah
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2022, 08:59:33 pm »
I'm post-op vaginoplasty a little more than a year. After six months or so, it settled into its final state, which is...I still get spraying about 25% of the time...I don't think it's going to ever going to be consistently one single stream that goes straight down.

Sarah
----
48 years young.
Known that I am trans since...forever.
First therapy session / decided to transition / hair removal: October 2018
HRT: January 2019 (journal https://www.susans.org/forums/index.phpVF/topic,244009.0.html)
VFS: September 2019; three-month report here
Full-time: April 2020
FFS: August 2020
SRS: January 2021

Offline Kelli710

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2022, 09:00:56 pm »
I should have been more specific..

So, for my MTF sisters who have had penile inversion SRS, how long did it take until you were able to pee straight?

I'm having SRS on Wednesday and was wondering because I am on probation and have to give urines on a weekly basis. We're trying to figure out how long they should excuse me from testing.

Offline Allie Jayne

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2022, 12:26:31 am »
I had Labiaplasty wth a PI dimple (shallow depth), and I had a good stream on my first attempt after the catheter was removed in hospital. When the pressure falls, I do dribble, but I have found moving around can help me position better. It is such a relief as I had a withdrawn member pre op and I had been messy for decades.

Hugs,

Allie
1958 Knew I should be a girl
1961 Told my mother I was a girl
1976 told my fiance I was trans
1999 told my 2nd wife to be I was trans
2000 began being me at home
2018 Dysphoria made me seriously sick
2019 started HRT, not sick any more!
        Started electrolysis
2020 Full time, legally Me!
2021 Labiaplasty
        Divorced again and on my own

Offline pamelatransuk

• Started taking action after decades of suppression in 2017. Finally secured my true female body by GRS in 2021.
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2022, 02:56:48 am »
Hello Kelli

Like Allie I had MDV with Penile Inversion 10 months ago.

I am in a similar situation to Sarah however and will probably settle for straight down 75% of the time.

Hugs

Pamela xx

Offline Rakel

• Formerly known as Dani
  • Rakel@susans.org
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2022, 06:27:35 am »
I should have been more specific..

So, for my MTF sisters who have had penile inversion SRS, how long did it take until you were able to pee straight?

I'm having SRS on Wednesday and was wondering because I am on probation and have to give urines on a weekly basis. We're trying to figure out how long they should excuse me from testing.

I had penile inversion SRS 6 years ago and I was able to urinate normally as soon as the swelling went down, about 2 months post op for me, but I heal rather rapidly. I had a catherter in my bladder for two weeks post op and when it was removed I was able to urinate adequately even if I sprayed all over the toilet.  :o

I am wondering why you need to be excused from your weekly testing. We all need to urinate and even if you spray some, you should be able to catch enough urine for testing purposes. Taking a collection sample should be possible anytime after surgery.

Retired Pharmacist with over 40 years experience in Hospital and Retail Pharmacies.
I still keep my professional licence active and in good standing.

Offline Rachel

• Family
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2022, 08:45:08 pm »
I urinated a bit forward until I healed. I do not have a single stream as the urine hits the labia fold and breaks up to a tinkle. I have given a bunch of urine  samples for STD and UTI tests. It is not an issue. You need to use a wipe first for UTI and STD samples. Then get the container by the urethra.

MTF in need of help link https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,133631.1980.html
MTF in need of help 2 link https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,251825.0.html
HRT  5-28-2013
FT   11-13-2015
FFS   9-16-2016 -Spiegel
GCS 11-15-2016 - McGinn
Hair Grafts 3-20-2017 - Cooley
Voice therapy start 3-2017 - Reene Blaker
Labiaplasty 5-15-2017 - McGinn
BA 7-12-2017 - McGinn
Hair grafts 9-25-2017 Dr.Cooley
Sataloff Cricothyroid subluxation and trachea shave12-11-2017
Dr. McGinn labiaplasty, hood repair, scar removal, graph repair and bottom of  vagina finished. urethra repositioned. 4-4-2018
Dr. Sataloff Glottoplasty 5-14-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal in office procedure 10-22-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal revision 2 4-3-2019 Bottom of vagina closed off, fat injected into the labia and urethra repositioned.
Dr. Thomas FemLar 10/13/2020
Dr. Thomas laser vocal procedure 2/17/2021

Offline Margrit

• Housewife
  • I love to run a proper and clean household.
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2022, 08:27:43 am »
Hi everyone

I am a transgender woman who has undergone GCS and I can report that my urine flow was back to normal when the swelling subsided, if i do remember correctly it was more or less after about 2 months.

Best wishes
Margrit
If a man can make you smile,
even if you don't want to,
then you love him.

Offline Jessicajade

• Neighbor
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2022, 09:29:49 am »
I feel like I'm getting closer to it just going down. There've been a few times now where that's what happens (possibly due to how I was positioned). Though most of the time I get some still going other directions.

I should add that I'm just over a month out from having surgery.

Offline SarahWilde

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2022, 12:24:11 pm »
For the first month or so I was pretty swollen and it went all over the place. After that it settled down into something manageable. I’m 3 years on now. It sprays a little bit and it’s not exactly the same direction each time but I think that’s normal.

Offline Kelli710

• Visitor
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2022, 11:23:35 pm »
I'm happy to report that I'm not having any issues with urination. So that's one less thing to stress about.

I have to admit that I wasn't fully mentally prepared for the sloughing that occurs. It's actually a good thing, because it means things are healing but I can't say it's the most pleasant aspect of this process.

It's beautiful thing to go to bed at night feeling completely and totally affirmed and validated. My only regret is not having surgery sooner.

Offline SarahWilde

• Visitor
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2022, 12:49:46 am »
I'm happy to report that I'm not having any issues with urination. So that's one less thing to stress about.

I have to admit that I wasn't fully mentally prepared for the sloughing that occurs. It's actually a good thing, because it means things are healing but I can't say it's the most pleasant aspect of this process.

It's beautiful thing to go to bed at night feeling completely and totally affirmed and validated. My only regret is not having surgery sooner.

Yes healing was pretty icky I must say! But I’m glad you are on your way! Waking up each day like this is pretty glorious, it hasn’t worn off for me.

The only time I’ve been annoyed at my new arrangement is when trying to pee without a toilet while camping  :D

Offline Ashley32

• Visitor
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2022, 12:47:40 pm »
I’m 8 months post op. The stream goes forwards a bit, is it supposed to go straight down?

Offline JulietteDurand

• Visitor
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2022, 12:21:27 am »
In general, how long has it taken each of you to have a straight forward (normal) urine flow?

I'm 33 months post-op & my urine stream hasn't ever been coherent. My guess is that I just got unlucky with the urinary outcome.

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2022, 01:48:00 am »
I'm 33 months post-op & my urine stream hasn't ever been coherent. My guess is that I just got unlucky with the urinary outcome.

@JulietteDurand
Dear Juliette
    Please know that I am not trying to hijack your post and your questions and concerns but first I wish to Officially Welcome YOU to Susan's Place.
    I am happy to see that you have signed up as a member of Susan's Place a couple hours ago and already have submitted 3 postings on the  Post operative life  subforum. 
I trust that you will be able to find some of the answers to your questions and comments.

As you post here on the forums you will be able to exchange thoughts and comments with others that are experiencing many of the same things that you wrote about.

This is the right place for you to be to find out what others may have to say that may have been in your circumstances and with your questions and concerns.
    There are a lot of members here that will be able to identify with your situation as you continue to feel free to share it.

I want to warmly WELCOME you to Susan's Place
You will find this a safe and friendly place to share with others and to read about others similar trials, tribulations, and successes.

As you are certainly aware you can share with others and involve yourself with some give and take with other like-minded members.  When frustrated or if you have successes you can share it here if you wish and receive support from others and offer support to others. ....
     ***There is a very good chance that you might find that you will make some new like-minded friends here. 

Please come in and continue to be involved at your own pace.   Other members will be along shortly to give you their thoughts about your questions and concerns that you mentioned in your very first posting.

There is information and important LINKS that I have included below.   You will find information about the site that will help you navigate around and best utilize the features here.   
Please look closely at the LINKS in RED, answers are there to many questions that new members ask....

Again, Welcome to Susan's Place.
Danielle
   northernstargirl@susans.org
Global Moderator

Here are some links to the site rules and stuff that all new members should be familiar with:

Things that you should read
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2022, 01:50:38 am »
@JulietteDurand
Dear Juliette:
OH, another thing you could consider doing....

If you feel so inclined please feel free to stop by the Introductions Forum to
briefly tell more members about yourself!

With more exposure to more members here you will be able to get more responses
to your questions and concerns.

Wishing your well as you continue to be involved in the forums.

NOTE: Now, after all of this Greeting and Welcoming stuff, I will give you and
your readers your thread back so you can get some answers from other members.

Again, Welcome to Susan's Place.
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW

Tags: