Community Conversation > Hormone replacement therapy

Anyone ever taken both T and E at the same time?

(1/7) > >>

Mandy M:
Hi everyone,

I wondered if anyone has experience of having taken T and E at the same time? Even if that was just an overlap period.

I'm not necessarily asking why it happened, whether it was medically approved and not about dosing but any reflections on how you felt would be really helpful, physically in particular.

xx

Rakel:
I have not.

My Testosterone levels are almost unmeasurable and my Endocrinologist suggested a little bit of Testosterone might be beneficial. Since, I have been under the influence of Testosterone for over 50 years, I am hesitant to add this to my hormone regimen. I may change my mind in the future, but not now.

Northern Star Girl:
@Mandy M   cc: @Rakel
Dear Mandy:
I have the same thoughts as Rakel shared.
My T levels are very, very low and I am feeling great, so I would be adverse to
taking anything that would raise T levels....

Personally and mentally I consider T to be a "poison" to my system... but
of course, if medical conditions warrant taking T again, as firmly recommended
by my Endocrinologist  Doctor then I may, maybe, possibly, reconsider.
Danielle

Devlyn:

--- Quote from: Mandy M on April 07, 2022, 12:46:02 am ---Hi everyone,

I wondered if anyone has experience of having taken T and E at the same time? Even if that was just an overlap period.

I'm not necessarily asking why it happened, whether it was medically approved and not about dosing but any reflections on how you felt would be really helpful, physically in particular.

xx

--- End quote ---

My T levels never responded to blockers, and after orchi, I have T levels up near the top of female ranges. I've never experienced any loss of energy problems, memory issues, or the other things I have heard people mention as reasons for adding a little T. I'm guessing that's why you're asking?

Hugs, Devlyn

Mandy M:
Thanks so much for your replies ladies and your question Devlyn.

The answer is complicated because I hit an obstacle in my transitioning. Basically I was happily transitioning gender (MtF) for 4 years which included having a bilateral orchidectomy.

Then I hit an unrelated problem and I had to stop taking estrogen. In order that I should have some hormones I was put on a mid-range dose of testosterone gel. Nothing crazy but not minimal.

Now that the issue has been resolved I am ready to resume my female transitioning but my endocrinologists don't know how to proceed as they've never had someone switching from exogenuous testosterone to exogenuous estrogen. They are in the dark.

We did try a cold turkey a few weeks back: literally straight off T, two weeks without anything, then onto E but it made me feel pretty unwell. I think my body was kind-of confused as to what was happening.

My hunch is to do this really slowly: a very slow titration down on the T. But when to start the E? Do I start now on a micro dose? Do I have an overlap? Do I take both in differing doses for a time? I would say that not having any exogenous hormones for a length of time is bad for energy and mental alertness but also osteoporosis.

It's complicated so hence I was wondering if anyone has experience of taking both. And please anyone who says do this through an endo: I am I promise but they are flying blind on this one.

Any thoughts much appreciated. Please be gentle with me.

xx

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version