General Discussions > Hair Care

Hair regrowth

(1/2) > >>

JulesMaid:
On HRT would Men or Women Rogaine work better? 
I am on month 2 of estradiol.
Thank you ladies for any tips 🧚🏼‍♀️

Rakel:
Rogaine is available as a foam or a solution without a prescription in the US and else where. The foam is 5 % for both men and women. Any difference in the foam is in the inactive ingredients, which may or may not be significant. Also, the directions mention once a day or twice a day use depending on which product is used for any individual.

Rogaine solution is different though. The women's product is 2 % and the men's product is 5 %. It is thought that men need the higher concentration to overcome the effects of the hormone DHT, which is much higher in men. The higher concentration Rogaine may cause scalp irritation, which may lead to a temporary increase loss of hair follicles.

JulesMaid:
Thank you Rakel.
I didn’t know if the hormones made a difference as to which one would be more effective. 🧚🏼‍♀️

Rakel:
Jules,

When your testosterone blood levels drop to a normal female level, the 2 % Rogaine solution should be just fine.

Until the testosterone drops, I would suggest talking to your doctor about Finasteride, which is a drug that blocks the conversion ot testosterone to dihydrotestosterone. DHT is the hormone responsible for male pattern hair loss.

JulesMaid:
You’re awesome. Thank you

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version