Community Conversation > Hormone replacement therapy

My journey back to Estrogen

(1/13) > >>

Mandy M:
Hi everyone,

I hope you will forgive a little self-indulgence but I wanted to chart my progress back into an Estrogen-only regime.

Some of the background to this can be seen on my other thread https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,258850.0.html

I won't bore you all with the details of why I had to stop transitioning for three years (argh) but I am very glad to have taken my first steps back. Just to reassure y'all, I am under highly qualified gender clinicians, including an endocrinologist, with regular blood tests. I'm physically fit. As I mentioned on the other thread, my professionals know what they want me to be on but not how to get there: the mechanics of titration. Just to reiterate too that I produce no hormones at all without exogenous ones: I literally go to zero on both T & E.

So I thought I would share my journey, with any ups or downs and listen to any feedback and comments which would be much appreciated.

I hesitate to compare myself to the James Webb telescope but it feels like a decent metaphor: slow and careful adjustments over a period of time until the optimal point is reached.

Anyway, a week ago I began the titration down off T. I was on a mid-range dosage before and throughout my time taking testosterone my T levels have consistently remained below male range, even when measured only 2 to 4 hours after application. My E readings without estrogen have fluctuated: sometimes I was making significant amounts of estrogen ex nihilo. More recently my E levels have been low too. So I start from a position of low residual T and E.

I am now on what would be considered a very low dose of T. I am also on a micro dose of estrogen. This latter is really for my mental wellbeing more than physicality because the T is probably still obliterating it. At the moment it is sublingual but will switch to gel.

After a week how do I feel? No significant difference that I can detect as yet except for a definite drop in libido. And happiness at returning to my path.

My intention is to stay at these levels for another week. I don't want to rush this: I want to give my body-brain time to adjust. In a week or so I intend stopping the T altogether, fast for 3 days with just the micro dose of E, and then gradually, very carefully, bring up the E to the prescribed level.

It's this changeover period which concerns me the most. I have previously been without any exogenous hormones and I was fine for a week to ten days and then, bam, it hit me: doped out and catatonic. So I'm hoping the E kicks in before I reach that stage again. Six weeks after coming onto my Estrogen only regime I will be having my first new blood tests. Whoop whoop!

xx

pamelatransuk:
Congratulations, Mandy. I'm delighted to see you have now started your new and and well thought out path which is certainly the correct and appropriate one for you - Estogen.

I hope all goes well and wish you every happiness and success.

Hugs

Pamela xx

Mandy M:
Thanks so much Pamela. I love your support.

xx

Northern Star Girl:
@Mandy M
Dear Mandy:
I am so very excited for you......

I have been following your progress on your other thread:
                 Anyone ever taken both T and E at the same time?
        https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,258850.0.html

Wishing you the best and much success and happiness as you head for your goal.
HUGS,
Danielle

Mandy M:
Thanks so much Danielle and for you lovely message over on there too.

This kind of support is so special.

xx

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version