Community Conversation > Hormone replacement therapy

My journey back to Estrogen

<< < (2/14) > >>

Mandy M:
Well I felt totally zapped out yesterday: washed out and zombified. Almost like I was floating outside my body.

I've had this issue before.

I've called a halt to proceedings and have contacted my gender physicians but any thoughts from travellers on here would be much appreciated.

xx

pamelatransuk:
Hoping this latest setback is resolved urgently. Good luck with your Gender Physicians.

Hugs

Pamela xx

dianne_1234:

--- Quote from: Mandy M on April 19, 2022, 08:21:16 am ---Well I felt totally zapped out yesterday: washed out and zombified. Almost like I was floating outside my body.

--- End quote ---

I've not been on E, but when I was diagnosed with low T I felt the way you describe.

I was surprised to read of your plan to taper off T, then taper on E, instead of switching more quickly. Perhaps getting one or the other ASAP will be helpful? I know I was miserable without (well, very low) sex hormone.   

Mandy M:

--- Quote from: dianne_1234 on April 19, 2022, 12:08:02 pm ---I've not been on E, but when I was diagnosed with low T I felt the way you describe.

I was surprised to read of your plan to taper off T, then taper on E, instead of switching more quickly. Perhaps getting one or the other ASAP will be helpful? I know I was miserable without (well, very low) sex hormone.   

--- End quote ---

Thank you so much Dianne and also you Pamela for your best wishes.

Dianne I think you may well be right: thank you, you have encouraged me. I'm going to speak to them about how to do this because I can't go on like I was yesterday. Just awful.

Mandy M:
I think this is why I posted the other thread* about T&E together because I'm not sure if there's any record of someone going from exogenous testosterone to exogenous estrogen?

I feel depressed today. I really want to make my journey back to estrogen but I don't know how to do it. I'm not sure waiting another 2 months for a reply from the GiC is going to help because a) that's a very bleak 2 months and b) they don't know about the mechanics of how to do it either.

Are there for example ways to boost energy? Melatonin? L-theanine? DT56a such as in soy or Femarelle supplements? I don't drink tea at all which seems to be the only source of it. But I would drink Green tea. Caffeine? The day I felt totally totally zapped I had (unusually for me) only had 1 cup of coffee: normally I will have 3 cups all before midday.

I think the thing is: I know that without a sex hormone I now produce nada T or E, literally zero, so I'm dealing with a very tricky situation of how to get my exogenous switch to bring my energy levels up.

This is so so so hard. Please anyone, thoughts?

xx

* Here: https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,258850.0.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version