News and Events > Political and Legal News

Florida Dept of Health directive on transgender care

(1/1)

Rakel:
Here is a link to the Florida Department of Health directive sent by email to all Florida Health professionals.

https://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/FLDOH/bulletins/3143d4c

Treatment of Gender Dysphoria for Children and Adolescents

April 20, 2022

The Florida Department of Health wants to clarify evidence recently cited on a fact sheet released by the US Department of Health and Human Services and provide guidance on treating gender dysphoria for children and adolescents.

Allie Jayne:
Talk about using random Data to try to make your document look qualified! Florida Department of Health says their directive is consistent with other countries including the UK, but their link for the UK goes to some person who has written some un reviewed paper, but the UK National Health Service has completely different advice, including for the prescribing of blockers and in some cases cross sex hormones for children under 18! https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/gender-dysphoria/treatment/

It took me 5 minutes to find holes in the directive, surely there is someone in the US to discredit this document!

Hugs,

Allie

Rakel:
Allie,

I am sure that this directive will be scrutinized for what it is.

I posted this to just let everyone know what is happening in certain areas of the US.

Allie Jayne:

--- Quote from: Rakel on April 23, 2022, 06:19:19 am ---Allie,

I am sure that this directive will be scrutinized for what it is.

I posted this to just let everyone know what is happening in certain areas of the US.

--- End quote ---

Rakel, I hope it can be thrown out before it tragically affects a young trans person. Please keep us advised when this document is abandoned!

Hugs,

Allie

Sephirah:
Anything that cites an article you have to pay $50 just to view, is automatically suspicious, as far as I'm concerned.

Of the stuff I could read, that they linked... it boils down to "We don't know. We need more data." To which their view is "So let's do nothing, and never get that data, because... you know... please don't sue us, parents!"

It's a case of confirmation bias and clutching at straws. And I feel for the people living there who have to deal with this. Because it really kind of sucks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version