Author Topic: Looking for Support Groups in the Tallahassee area  (Read 528 times)

Offline Allison R

• Family
Looking for Support Groups in the Tallahassee area
« on: May 10, 2022, 04:02:52 pm »
I am in a problematic part of the country with no family or friends near, and I am needing to find some local support before I can have the talk with my wife. Any help would be appreciated. I am reaching out this week to organizations here on the FSU campus, but I don't know how that will pan out, and I need to start meeting some friends ASAP.

Thank you all very much.

Allison
I have always known I would have been happier and lived a better life if I were born a woman, I just didn't know that that is the literal definition of the word transgender.

If you're not moving forward, you're moving backwards.

Be tougher on yourself than anyone else is, love yourself more than anyone else does, and if there is something you don't want to do at all, best if you do it right now.

Offline TXSara

• Family
Re: Looking for Support Groups in the Tallahassee area
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2022, 06:50:53 pm »
There you go, sis!  Get out there!

I'd totally be your wing-woman if I weren't all the way back here in Dallas!

I'm sure somebody is in your neck of the woods... you might try a meetup group on meetup.com (that's where I found "Dallas Feminine Expressions", the group I hang with once a month).  Your therapist might also have some suggestions.

Rock on!

~Sara

Offline Allison R

• Family
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2022, 07:39:29 pm »
Thanks Sara. I have to do something. My wife is gonna start asking questions soon I believe, and I don't want that to happen. I need to bring this to her, and that isn't going to happen until I have some friends. And really that's because I am sure I am going to need them. She asked the other day if she could please have the goatee back, so.

It is what it is. But I still have hope. Since I don't know what I don't know, it makes just as much sense to hope as not. But I still need some friends. I will check that website out, too.

Allison
I have always known I would have been happier and lived a better life if I were born a woman, I just didn't know that that is the literal definition of the word transgender.

Be tougher on yourself than anyone else is, love yourself more than anyone else does, and if there is something you don't want to do at all, best if you do it right now.

Offline Allison R

• Family
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2022, 04:51:28 pm »
Is there anybody out there,
Is there anyone home

Tags: