Community Conversation > Transgender talk

Resources re: Pre-Transition Pictures

<< < (2/2)

Sinclair:

--- Quote from: thelittlemermaid on May 24, 2022, 05:18:34 pm ---Hey all -- would anyone happen to know of any guidelines / articles from well-known resources (ideally organizations) regarding why it is completely inappropriate for a cis person to subject/asking to see/etc a trans person's pre-transition photos?

Thank you!

--- End quote ---

I'm not sure why that subject would even come up. Unless on a dating site where someone (CIS) is talking to someone trans that they are interested in and want to see their physical history for whatever reasons I don't see that issue ever coming up. It would be like asking a cis female for boob photos before her breast augmentation. It would only be appropriate if both people are on the same page and want to share that info. I'm been in this for decades and I have no idea why that subject would even be approached. To me, anyone that would ask for that either from a trans person or a cis person would be creepy, unless both parties are willing and interested in sharing their journey, which could happen. As far as guidelines it would simply be standard professional best practices not to ask those kind of personal questions to either a trans person or a cis person. That's just just standard don't be a creep best practices. :)

Northern Star Girl:
@Sinclair
Dear Sinclair:
Perfectly stated and well said....
...I agree entirely.

Thank you for posting and sharing.
HUGS,
Danielle

JanePlain:

--- Quote from: thelittlemermaid on May 24, 2022, 05:18:34 pm ---Hey all -- would anyone happen to know of any guidelines / articles from well-known resources (ideally organizations) regarding why it is completely inappropriate for a cis person to subject/asking to see/etc a trans person's pre-transition photos?

Thank you!

--- End quote ---

Ahh but what about showing a boyfriend your pre-transition pix?  I would hate to hear someone flip out over this but is that something required?  You need to see me pretransition?  In my case I can report it was really like looking at a random picture of someone I had never met.  And while its fine if that important to someone but is that a common thing and why?  Is it a test or something or do people think its something they have to share or they aren't being honest?  *Which btw I don't think it is.  Be faithful to who you are here and now not what someone else decided I think...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version