Community Conversation > Transitioning

Have you ever wanted to transition to become unrecognizable?

(1/3) > >>

CosmicJoke:
Hi everyone. This might sound kind of like an odd question, but have you thought of drastically changing your appearance in order to become unrecognizable? When I say unrecognizable I am talking mostly about people you encounter who might have known you before and wouldn't accept you if you were transgender.
Personally I never had any plastic surgery done since I always had soft features even presenting as a boy. I have had an orchiectomy done but only because I wanted to remove the source of testosterone from my body. If I can already pass as an attractive female I feel like surgery for the sake of "changing my appearance" would be foolish.
So, has anyone here ever thought of dramatically changing their appearance? Maybe you have seen another trans person do exactly what I described?

Rakel:
I am a late transitioner and I needed to drastically change my appearace just to pass as female. I had brow reduction,  orbital widening, eyelid reduction, rhinoplasty and an overall face lift to make myself as I appear in my photo. I could have done more, such as cheek implants and jaw reduction, but I felt that I have done enough to satisify my dysphorias.

Someone may argue that what I did is just normal transition changes, but I look completeely different than what I did before any surgeries. Just take a look at some of the before & after threads here at Susan's Place. Transition is all about change. We do what we feel we need to do.

For the younger transitioners, they will need much less done just to pass. Hormone therapy does most of that for them. However, I have met a few younger transitioners who are seriously thinking of just what you are asking. A rhinoplasty is common. Other procedures are not as common as their goals were to just be attractive and to pass as their chosen gender. They just needed less to be done to satisify their goals.

Keep in mind that every surgery will leave scars. You must ask yourself how many more scars on your face can you tolerate just to look different. Also, sometimes a procedure will go bad and you end up worse than before. Do you want to risk this happening to you?

Women can do a lot with just make up alone and both men and women can really change their appearance with hair color and styling. Be careful before you jump under the knife.

Take care.  :-*

pamelatransuk:

--- Quote from: CosmicJoke on May 26, 2022, 09:54:08 pm ---1.Have you thought of drastically changing your appearance in order to become unrecognizable? When I say unrecognizable I am talking mostly about people you encounter who might have known you before and wouldn't accept you if you were transgender.

2.Personally I never had any plastic surgery done since I always had soft features even presenting as a boy. I have had an orchiectomy done but only because I wanted to remove the source of testosterone from my body. If I can already pass as an attractive female I feel like surgery for the sake of "changing my appearance" would be foolish.

--- End quote ---

Hello again Cosmic Joke

1. I would never change my appearance for the sake of someone who would not accept me as Transgender. Any change in my appearance either by HRT or Surgery is almost entirely for my own self appearance and identity and for reduction in dysphoria. If I were younger, I may consider the possibility of being attractive to a woman with a view to a possible lesbian relationship.

2. Same applies to me but no orchiectomy. Had GRS June 2021 and BA Feb 2022. Soft features, never looked particularly masculine according to friends and acquaintances. I agree with you - foolish without any certain gain physically and/or emotionally. Having said that, I may consider minor surgery to my face in due course. I remain open to the possibility but only for my sake and for my gain and only after careful consideration.

Hugs

Pamela xx

ChrissyRyan:
I personally would just stick with makeup and a nice hairstyle and appropriate clothing.

But each person needs to decide what is for him or her, after seeking the appropriate medical /cosmetic / fashion advice.

Chrissy

Sephirah:
I'm not actually sure that's possible. At least as far as people who know you. At least not if they're more observant than a blind sloth. But I get what you're saying. It would be nice to be able to remove all the baggage you may have in your life and start over, as it were. But then the question arises... would this person be anymore you than the person before? If you believe that what we go through in life defines us then... no, you'd be replacing one image with another.

It's an interesting question for sure, though. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version