Community Conversation > Hormone replacement therapy

First days on HRT

(1/7) > >>

NancyDrew1930:
So I've finally started HRT! :icon_dance:  I had my second appointment with Connect-Clinic yesterday and the doctor said that all my blood work came back as normal, so they gave me a prescription for  Lupin-Estradiol and Cyproterone Acetate  with a follow-up appointment in early-July.  I forget what the doctor said the exact dosage of Cyproterone will be, as they were faxing the prescription in so it was on there, and when I picked up the Lupin-Estradiol the pharmacy said that the Cyproterone had to be ordered and would be in today.  So I already took an Estradiol yesterday and today and when I get my Cyproterone later today I'll take one of those as well and then tomorrow I'll take both at once.

What should I expect over the next month as my body gets adjusted to the introduction of estrogen and anti-androgen/progesterone?

Northern Star Girl:
@NancyDrew1930
Dear NancyDrew:
WOW !!!!  :eusa_clap: :eusa_dance:  I am so very excited for you as you now have started HRT.
This is obviously one of the big steps in your transition journey... CONGRATULATIONS !!!  :)

You asked the following very good question in your comment:

--- Quote ---What should I expect over the next month as my body gets adjusted to the introduction of estrogen and anti-androgen/progesterone?
--- End quote ---

To help you answer that question you should continue to read the various postings authored by others that
have shared their comments regarding HRT here on the Forums.
Also you can go to the following topic and posting which may specifically answer your questions:
                    MTF timeline for Hormone Replacement Therapy
   https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,251312.msg2337372.html#msg2337372

Please know that there is not one correct answer... every body, every journey is unique but
you will certainly find lots of answers to your present and future questions as you do some more reading
around the Forums.
Feel free to keep us all updated with your progress and post any further questions, thoughts
and comments that you may have.

As of now you have not reached 15 postings so you can not yet send Forum's Private Messages,
but you can feel free to contact me at  northernstargirl@susans.org

Again, I am very excited for you as you begin your HRT regimen ....
HUGS and best wishes to you,
Danielle

JamieH:
Congrats!  Starting HRT is definitely exciting and a big milestone in your journey.  Buckle up, it's gonna be a wild ride :)

Patience is key.  Changes are slow and subtle.  I'm 2 months in and I haven't realized any significant physical changes yet other than a bit of tenderness under my nipples.  Emotionally, I feel different/better but it's hard to articulate.

Good luck though and I hope you keep us posted as things develop (<- no pun intended) 

Rakel:

--- Quote from: NancyDrew1930 on June 03, 2022, 08:27:28 am ---So I've finally started HRT! ...
...What should I expect over the next month as my body gets adjusted to the introduction of estrogen and anti-androgen/progesterone?

--- End quote ---

During the first month, expect no physical changes. This is way, way too soon for anything to show up physically.

However, many of us do report that the emotional release of finally doing something about our condition has given us an overwhelming sense of euphoria. Speaking for myself only, after the first few doses, I felt much better than I did before. It is hard to explain, but somehow, I felt that this is the way I should have been all along.

Other people report loss of libido and physical energy, but I did not. Still others report becoming very emotional over things that did not bother them before the hormones. Everybody has their own description of what they feel after the first few doses. Sometimes this can be a profound experience.

Enjoy the ride. Take care.  :-*

Susannah:

--- Quote from: NancyDrew1930 on June 03, 2022, 08:27:28 am ---So I've finally started HRT! :icon_dance:  I had my second appointment with Connect-Clinic yesterday and the doctor said that all my blood work came back as normal, so they gave me a prescription for  Lupin-Estradiol and Cyproterone Acetate  with a follow-up appointment in early-July.  I forget what the doctor said the exact dosage of Cyproterone will be, as they were faxing the prescription in so it was on there, and when I picked up the Lupin-Estradiol the pharmacy said that the Cyproterone had to be ordered and would be in today.  So I already took an Estradiol yesterday and today and when I get my Cyproterone later today I'll take one of those as well and then tomorrow I'll take both at once.

What should I expect over the next month as my body gets adjusted to the introduction of estrogen and anti-androgen/progesterone?

--- End quote ---

Congratulations on starting HRT.  This is a big step on your journey.  Enjoy your ride.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version