Author Topic: Has anyone tried an empanada and liked it?  (Read 435 times)

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Have a gentle manner ❤️
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
Has anyone tried an empanada and liked it?
« on: June 09, 2022, 09:00:25 pm »

What filling did you have?

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

I am a brown eyed brunette.

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
Re: Has anyone tried an empanada and liked it?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2022, 10:25:39 pm »
@ChrissyRyan:
YES, I like Empanadas very much.
I usually make them with ground or shredded beef,
diced potatoes, onion, peas, carrots and whatever else I can find in my refrigerator.

Empanadas are kinda like the Spanish/Mexican version of a UK British Pasty and
perhaps a version of an Italian Calzone

Basically a folded over sandwich or "meat pie" that is great to take on the go.
Danielle
````````````````````````````

What filling did you have?

Chrissy
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 42

Offline Rakel

• rah KEL
  • Rakel@susans.org
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2022, 07:20:17 am »
I live in Miami and you can find empanadas everywhere. Grocery stores and gas stations are the biggest provider of the meat pies. This is fast food for people on the go.

Do I like them? Well, it depends on who makes them. Some have really thin and flakey crusts, while others are hard dough. The filling can be fantastic or blah, just eat it and get over it.  :-X Some are loaded with salt and others have too much  fatty products that I cannot identify.  ::)

It is a little bit of work, but home made are the best. You can adjust the filling to your preference, but you do need some baking experience as this is the trickey part. Once you master the skills of empanada making, the results are well worth the effort.

Retired Pharmacist with over 40 years experience in Hospital and Retail Pharmacies.
I still keep my professional licence active and in good standing.

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Family
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2022, 07:33:35 am »
@ChrissyRyan:
YES, I like Empanadas very much.
I usually make them with ground or shredded beef,
diced potatoes, onion, peas, carrots and whatever else I can find in my refrigerator.

Empanadas are kinda like the Spanish/Mexican version of a UK British Pasty and
perhaps a version of an Italian Calzone

Basically a folded over sandwich or "meat pie" that is great to take on the go.
Danielle
````````````````````````````

Thank you Danielle.

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Family
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2022, 07:34:05 am »
I live in Miami and you can find empanadas everywhere. Grocery stores and gas stations are the biggest provider of the meat pies. This is fast food for people on the go.

Do I like them? Well, it depends on who makes them. Some have really thin and flakey crusts, while others are hard dough. The filling can be fantastic or blah, just eat it and get over it.  :-X Some are loaded with salt and others have too much  fatty products that I cannot identify.  ::)

It is a little bit of work, but home made are the best. You can adjust the filling to your preference, but you do need some baking experience as this is the trickey part. Once you master the skills of empanada making, the results are well worth the effort.

Thank you Rakel.

Chrissy

Offline CaelaNotKayla

• Everyone needs a little glam sometime!
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2022, 12:35:49 pm »
One of my favorite tapas restaurants has a Chicken Empanada that is wonderful.  Flaky crust, every so slightly spicy, and served with a side of Harissa.  We order it just about every time we go there as one of our choices!

Hugs!!

Caela
My Blog Thread - The Chronicles of Caela

Who knew it'd be so bright without the blindfold - Demi Lovato

Online Maid Marion

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2022, 12:51:41 pm »
Good baking is an art.  Seeking out those who can do it well is well worth the effort if you love to eat baked goods.

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Family
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2022, 08:55:23 pm »
Thanks for sharing out everyone!

Chrissy

Tags: