Community Conversation > Transgender talk

Is there anything you dislike about being your preferred gender?

(1/5) > >>

CosmicJoke:
Hi everyone. I have been living full-time as a woman for about 12 years. Living this way is great and all but I can't honestly say I love everything about it. Some good examples of things I dislike are being hit on by these creepy guys who I don't find attractive. It's obvious that they only want the one thing and really have no respect for me. On the other side of the coin there is positive attention I have gotten before. A good example of this was a time I was going into a convenient mart and this biker guy held the door right open for me.
I recall a therapist explaining to me several years ago that I am learning what it's like. She also said that I should trust my intuition when it comes to people.

Allie Jayne:
I have a different take on this to almost everyone else. You see, my preferred gender is male, I only transitioned to female to reduce dysphoria. Being male wasn’t perfect, with expectations and all, and I didn’t really measure up to the other males in many other respects, but, I was very happy. Now I endure being an oddity as I don’t fully pass, I can’t get clothes that fit my body, bras, electrolysis, and operations, And I have never been as happy as before transition, though I have way less dysphoria.

Hugs,

Allie

JanePlain:
Some typecast things about being male really bothered me but its clear that there is such a range you can't pigeon hole all men as the same its just that it seems like more un-great issues are primarily male. So maybe its a matter of being a good and proper male or being not perfectly binary.  If that is a thing.

pamelatransuk:
Hello again CosmicJoke

I am 3 years fulltime Pamela and one year GRS.

3 years ago I noticed JUST ONE MINOR dislike which I accepted and now have almost forgotten, which was lack of pockets or pocket room

Glad to say, no further dislikes.

Hugs

Pamela xx

ChrissyRyan:

--- Quote from: pamelatransuk on June 14, 2022, 07:17:07 am ---Hello again CosmicJoke

I am 3 years fulltime Pamela and one year GRS.

3 years ago I noticed JUST ONE MINOR dislike which I accepted and now have almost forgotten, which was lack of pockets or pocket room

Glad to say, no further dislikes.

Hugs

Pamela xx

--- End quote ---
@pamelatransuk

Pamela,

It seems that even my female jeans have shallower front pockets.
This can be made up for with my purse; but, there are times when you are not holding your purse.
So I usually put my telephone in a back pocket, if there is one!  Or carry it in my hand.

On the positive:  Yesterday I went to the store and was called miss and dear and that was nice. Although presenting as female, I was wearing a male shirt too, although it was a pretty pink, blue, and white plaid and that is why I chose to wear it.  Maybe no one knew it was a guy shirt.

On the negative, I do not have my female voice down.  It is keeping me back for sure to full time; but, I still need more time to make that big step regardless.

Although I have been out for extended number of days out of town, and those were all learning experiences, this past weekend I was away but did not pack an “emergency set of guy clothes” in the car trunk.  I was apprehensive in not having that “fail safe” while out of town.  However I was with a nice lady friend so I felt safe without them.  It was a fun weekend.

On balance, I am happy when I can be me in my preferred female gender.  I still feel comfortable though presenting as a male but only when it makes sense, and I do not look forward to that; but, I am a MTF woman so those thoughts make me wonder if I am gender fluid in some ways.  But I am not concerned with labels.

Have a wonderful week everyone!

Hugs,

Chrissy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version