Community Conversation > Military Veterans Confab

Transfered to the VA from Private

(1/1)

KrystalDragon:
Well after much reading and a conversation with my va Dr and the VA nurse I've moved from a private care system called Plume to the VA for my care.

Right off the bat both my Dr and the nurse were awesome in both attitudes and body language over the news,
She did a referral to an endo Dr , we spoke about a week later, and bam im in the program.
they will continue my current dosages.

A very key phrase came up in the conversations with the Dr's and staff " it's no longer a mental health issue, but medical"

Dont get me wrong, Plume is great, but they only see a tiny tiny piece of the puzzle,
between the endo(hormone dr) and my primary care are in the same organization and collaborate and thats a good thing.

The down side so far is, now both dr's know my health status, and I get an earful from both now about , weight, diet, exercise lol.

they offered speech therapy right off the bat.
Im not sure what else they offer at this time, but I'll be exploring a lot more now that im out of hiding.

If you had thoughts about using the VA, chat with your Dr. ask them. You might find the same welcome I did and I hope you do :)

Northern Star Girl:
@KrystalDragon
Dear Krystal:
Wow, I am very pleased that you were so warmly treated by your new doctors at the VA...
...we don't always hear good reports about the VA care.
I will be eagerly looking for your updates as you feel comfortable sharing them.

"...now both dr's know my health status, and I get an earful from both now about , weight, diet, exercise lol."
Yep... you can plan on getting that same story from most doctors that you will initially see.

HUGS and best wishes,
Danielle

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version